PDA

View Full Version : G-74sx Fan issue

Tracker124
11-09-2012, 04:53 PM
I Just got back my G74sx from Bizcom a week ago after my motherboard was starting to fail but this morning I booted up and the fans sounded like they were on full blast for at least 3 mins. It has never done that before so hoping for some feedback if anyone has experienced this before or know what the problem could be?

dstrakele
11-09-2012, 05:11 PM
Here's a similar thread with cause unknown: http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?18310-Fans-constantly-on-max&.

If you restart the system, does the fan issue happen every time?

Tracker124
11-10-2012, 04:19 PM
Thanks for the reply and thread but they did calm down after a while to its normal speed. I have restarted it and it doesn't happen right after it occurs after a cold boot like 5 hours after. Its the weirdest thing that has happened since I got my laptop back. I don't have really any startup programs expect for the essentials and I do play a lot of games like bf3 and I don't overclock.

dstrakele
11-10-2012, 04:34 PM
You might try entering the BIOS and choosing to "Load Optimized Defaults", then Save & Exit.

Tracker124
11-10-2012, 04:58 PM
I'm gonna do that and see if does anything but overall I think I may have to report it to asus again and wait a while for parts if its something big. Thanks for your help.