PDA

View Full Version : GPU Tweak 2.0.8.3 only works

nenad285
11-10-2012, 06:05 PM
Hello ROG community, i have a Asus HD 6770 and i cannot upgrade past version 2.0.8.3. If i download a newer version, i am able to run it, although nothing pops up, task manager shows GPUTweak.exe for about 3-5 seconds and then it disappears. Does anyone know the cause of this?, also it does not appear in my notifications.

The GPU model is EAH6770/D1/1GD5.

HiVizMan
11-11-2012, 11:36 AM
Un-install that application and use the latest Afterburner.

nenad285
11-11-2012, 02:53 PM
Okay, if that is the only choice.

HiVizMan
11-11-2012, 03:01 PM
Okay, if that is the only choice.

LOL - mate I love the ROG brand but I want stuff that works. Simple as that. So until such time as the application is bullet proof I use what works.

_
11-13-2012, 11:48 AM
Please can you post your complete PC spec including OS. Thanks. We are working on more HD 6000 series compatibility.

AJHere
11-13-2012, 01:54 PM
Please can you post your complete PC spec including OS. Thanks. We are working on more HD 6000 series compatibility.

G'day Marshall,

Like many posters on this GPU Tweak thread, it stopped working for me at around ver 2.0.8.3 (I did find a 2.0.9.0 that worked on the FTP site). Everything from then on generated a BEX error at startup & my research into BEX errors showed it to be the code generated when the system is NFI about the error.

All this changed from about ver 2.2.6 onwards. Now it works but has removed my ability to increase the GPU Voltage and locked it onto the default of 1120mV (whether locked to GPU Clock or not makes no difference, with OC range extended or not makes no difference).... its at 1120 & will not go higher! I guess this may have been down to force us to use the"safer" method with the Power Target option. It has a similar range to the Power Control Settings in AMD CCC.

I have tried the other two major players' software in the GPU OCing areana and would prefer to use this. Your post is the first glimmer of hope for us owners of the HD 6000 series. I would appreciate any efforts to give us a working version.

My signature give my specs below.

Regards Alex

_
11-14-2012, 12:42 AM
2.2.9.3 will work for you I've been told by our RD department.

It has a similar range to the Power Control Settings in AMD CCC.

We are obliged to bring our software in line with the requirements of our partners I'm afraid. If those requirements change, we have to adjust :(