PDA

View Full Version : G75 VW not working properly.... Please help!

Fritz128
11-11-2012, 02:15 PM
I recently purchased a G75VW-TS71 through TigerDirect.com (about a month ago) along with a OCZ agility 3 SSD. The laptop has been working very well for the last month but, yesterday out of the blue started behaving strangely. It began when I was browsing the internet via Google Chrome, there was no audio at all! I created a new google instance thinking that would work but, nothing. I then tried loading any one of the games I have been playing for the last month that have worked fine (Planetside 2, Counter Strike Source, Tribes Ascend, Dota 2) and I found that none of them would load. I would get a black screen and then after waiting about 2 min (far too long from what is normal) it would cut back to desktop. So, I rebooted, thinking it was a system fluke. Upon getting back to desktop I loaded up Planetside 2. The game loaded and I was relived but, that was short lived as well. When I entered the game space, what once ran very smoothly was now a stuttering mess. I asked others in the server if they were experiencing any type of lag issues and all of them came back and said no. I exited the game and went back to Google Chrome.... still no audio.

The Laptop still turns on and runs but, not to the standard that a 1,200.00 dollar laptop should. If I wanted to just browse the nets with no audio I would have purchased a 200.00 laptop.

Any ideas?????? Need some help! ..... Should I return? I have a squaretrade warranty!

GottiBoi55
11-11-2012, 02:32 PM
Did you try a "system restore" to a point before all the issues you are experiencing happened?
How about other apps, are they loading normal?
how about your OS is it loading quickly as normal?

Fritz128
11-11-2012, 02:36 PM
Did you try a "system restore" to a point before all the issues you are experiencing happened?
How about other apps, are they loading normal?
how about your OS is it loading quickly as normal?

I haven't tried a restore yet. Most Apps are loading normally and I haven't noticed any problems with the OS loading abnormally either.

Fritz128
11-11-2012, 04:26 PM
Alright, now I feel like a complete idiot. Just for giggles, I looked at my battery settings. It was operating in Office Mode........ Switched it back to High Performance...... Everything works fine, better than fine..... ... SORRY GUYS! FALSE ALARMS! DONT HATE ME!