PDA

View Full Version : G74S Backlit Keyboard

Chryslerboy
11-11-2012, 09:56 PM
Hi, I am new to the forums and I searched keyboard, but did not find an adequate thread for my issue. I have had my G74 since february so it is within the 1 year warranty, but recently I spilled coffee all over it. The computer itself works fine, but the keyboard is shot now. I went into the box to find out more about the accidental coverage plan and realized that I needed to register for the within 60 days. Well I am out of luck right? I haven't called to check because I am sure that is how they make their money. Fine, but what my question is, is how would I acquire a new backlit keyboard to install myself? I have searched online for them and turned up no results. Will Asus sell me one? Or is my only option to have them repair it at more cost to me?

GottiBoi55
11-11-2012, 10:21 PM
Here is the keyboard for your G74SX at the Asus eStore>>>>>>>>> Click here (http://us.estore.asus.com/index.php?l=product_detail&p=3925)

BTW welcome to ROG FORUM!

I have a G73-JH that the I spilled OJ on and the keyboard is also shot, when I find the time I need to replace.

Chryslerboy
11-11-2012, 10:24 PM
Man, how did I not find that. Thank you very much!

GottiBoi55
11-11-2012, 10:29 PM
Man, how did I not find that. Thank you very much!

You welcome dude.

Good luck, and enjoy!

Pitcher@asus
11-12-2012, 03:13 AM
are you able to exchange Keyboard by yourself, if you are dismantle, please becareful.

Chryslerboy
11-13-2012, 06:16 PM
Yes, I have seen a video in regards to this particular laptop and it's disassembly. If I were asked I would say I am pretty knowledgeable about computers. By no means am I an expert though, haha. Always careful when it comes to expensive equipment, especially gifts. The coffee was an unfortunate event and won't be happening again.

Chryslerboy
11-13-2012, 06:19 PM
I have a G73-JH that the I spilled OJ on and the keyboard is also shot, when I find the time I need to replace.

Yea, mistakes get made for we are only human. The only things we can do are repair them and make sure it never happens again. I know I won't be making the same mistake twice.

T_RJ
11-18-2012, 04:01 AM
Here is a suggestion for those of you with soaked keyboards.
Fill a tub with some clean ( no soaps or solvents ) luke warm water soak the affected keyboard ( removed from the laptop of course ) rinse and repeat several times shake the excess clean water off and let the keyboard dry for a few days. I have revived many a keyboard this way.