PDA

View Full Version : New Nvidia Beta drivers 310.54

Replic
11-12-2012, 11:40 PM
http://www.geforce.com/drivers/results/51857

Pitcher@asus
11-13-2012, 02:15 AM
Hi, thank for share, but i suggest you wait for ASUS release if you want to install to your NB.

Fire
11-13-2012, 03:19 AM
Hi, thank for share, but i suggest you wait for ASUS release if you want to install to your NB.

ASUS are the worst when it comes to driver updates. They are usually 2 or 3 versions of drivers behind. Be it nVIDIA or Intel's driver

hlorenzl
11-13-2012, 03:35 AM

Sir, may I just ask if there is something special with the Asus-released drivers compared to that of Nvidia's? I wonder why users should still wait for Asus release when there is this Nvidia release already (which is by far a lot more advanced/newer compared to the release of Asus which, of course, lags behind Nvidia). I believe Asus makes good hardware (if not the best) but, on the software part, they are lagging.

Manzier
11-13-2012, 05:54 AM
Downloading now. I'll report back if something breaks.

Replic
11-13-2012, 06:14 PM
Everything seems to be running fine for me. played black ops 2 for an hour and no problems.

madnj
11-13-2012, 07:26 PM

This seriously must be a joke... ASUS has never had a track record of updating the drivers they put on their websites aside from having a general reference set for a given OS, especially when it comes to Video drivers.

In my experience ALWAYS trust the manufacturer drivers to support the chipsets they manufacture over a systems vendor who won't be concerned about driver updates much after release.

This is a fact with most manufacturers, and I'll say when it comes to video drivers I trust NVidia/ATI over ASUS any day of the week. That said, these drivers installed fine and have significant framerate improvements listed on a considerable number of gaming titles.

GeForce GTX 660:
◦Up to 24% in Call of Duty: Black Ops 2
◦Up to 10% in Battlefield 3
◦Up to 7% in The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
◦Up to 5% in Dragon Age II
◦Up to 5% in Assassin's Creed III
◦Up to 4% in Batman: Arkham City
◦Up to 4% in Medal of Honor: Warfighter

That's all I need to read to decide this new driver is worth installing.

Daylife
11-14-2012, 12:56 AM
Anyone that has installed the Beta Drivers.......How is it running? any improvements?

Duilyon
11-14-2012, 01:22 AM
I pretty much play The Secret World exclusively and honestly I do not see an increase in performance. I am sure it wouldn't hurt installing it though. And TSW never really ran that great for me anyway.

Zygomorphic
11-14-2012, 01:53 AM
@Madnj, I agree with you. ASUS hardly supports Windows, and LINUX not at all on the G-series. :( I have gotten into the habit of running nVidia's drivers since ASUS took a year to update the G53 drivers - a span of time in which nVidia released 4 new versions with improvements. ASUS didn't even jump the gun to the latest when they did release. :( However, we do need to give them credit, because they are certifying these drivers, which means if something goes wrong, they are more likely to chalk it up to hardware. nVidia simply says reinstall or try a different version.

linkin182
11-14-2012, 07:09 AM
This seriously must be a joke... ASUS has never had a track record of updating the drivers they put on their websites aside from having a general reference set for a given OS, especially when it comes to Video drivers.

In my experience ALWAYS trust the manufacturer drivers to support the chipsets they manufacture over a systems vendor who won't be concerned about driver updates much after release.

This is a fact with most manufacturers, and I'll say when it comes to video drivers I trust NVidia/ATI over ASUS any day of the week. That said, these drivers installed fine and have significant framerate improvements listed on a considerable number of gaming titles.

GeForce GTX 660:
◦Up to 24% in Call of Duty: Black Ops 2
◦Up to 10% in Battlefield 3
◦Up to 7% in The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
◦Up to 5% in Dragon Age II
◦Up to 5% in Assassin's Creed III
◦Up to 4% in Batman: Arkham City
◦Up to 4% in Medal of Honor: Warfighter

That's all I need to read to decide this new driver is worth installing.

Agreed! and to those who are afraid of the BETA drivers, dont be.
I am still on 304.xx version BETA drivers and am happy user.

I guess I will be installing BF3 again!

Zygomorphic
11-14-2012, 11:14 AM
Agreed! and to those who are afraid of the BETA drivers, dont be.
I am still on 304.xx version BETA drivers and am happy user.

I guess I will be installing BF3 again!

Very true! nVidia's beta drivers are rock-solid stable in my (albeit limited) experience. I run the latest production drivers just because I prefer to. If there is something is cool in the beta, I'll run those instead.

_
11-15-2012, 08:12 AM
ASUS are the worst when it comes to driver updates. They are usually 2 or 3 versions of drivers behind. Be it nVIDIA or Intel's driver

Some drivers don't meet our qualification standards so we don't certify them for us on our products. We have to make sure EVERY function works perfectly with our hardware to be listed on our page. You can use the software direct from respective chip makers but certain functions might not work 100%. If you never use that particular function, then great! But we need to support everyone.