PDA

View Full Version : Is it possible to change the whole touchpad?

weirdzaid
11-14-2012, 04:53 PM
WEll i recently got the Asus g74sx ,i don't use mice at all, just touchpads, i absolutely hate the touchpad on this, and adore the touchpad on my precious hp dv6 , how hard would it be if i took the laptop to a technician to literally change the touchpad? if not possible? Any advice?

it's unsensitive, it's slow ( i've put the mouse speed to full and still too slow / unresponsive )

Any advice appreciated

Arne Saknussemm
11-15-2012, 09:29 PM
Have you tried updating the driver for the touchpad? I don't think chopping it out and putting in a new one is going to leave your laptop looking pretty...:rolleyes:

kkn
11-15-2012, 09:36 PM
try and post in the laptop section, i guess you will get the ansver your looking after there :)

cl-scott
11-15-2012, 10:13 PM
I'm going to move it there... In general, probably better to just flag down the nearest mod and get them to move it when these things happen. It's happened that by the time I moved a thread, the OP had already posted again, then I have to delete that.

Zygomorphic
11-16-2012, 02:07 AM
Try changing drivers. If you attempt it, you'd better be really careful, and it will void your warranty. There are lots of little tiny ribbon cables and wires, and the touchpad itself is fragile. I'd advise against it, all things considered.

PILGRIM
11-16-2012, 02:15 AM
WEll i recently got the Asus g74sx ,i don't use mice at all, just touchpads, i absolutely hate the touchpad on this, and adore the touchpad on my precious hp dv6 , how hard would it be if i took the laptop to a technician to literally change the touchpad? if not possible? Any advice?

it's unsensitive, it's slow ( i've put the mouse speed to full and still too slow / unresponsive )

Any advice appreciated

It may be possible but you don't have to. My touchpad works great.
If you have the Sentelic Touchpad version, try the 9.1.1.7 update linked here:
http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/nb/Drivers/Touchpad/Touchpad_Sentelic_Win7_64_Z9177.zip