PDA

View Full Version : Buying G75

ericz520
11-15-2012, 04:53 PM
Hello ! Sorry about this but i am thinking where to buy G75 in Singapore as i am a Singaporean.
I want a G75 without 3D as is cheaper? Any place to the laptop cheaper?

cheek
11-15-2012, 06:42 PM
hi. from bukit panjang. i have a g75. bought last month from ebay. shipped in using borderlinx. was a very basic bbk2. after buying online some ssd / wifi card/ ram upgrades the damage is about slightly lesser than 2k sgd in total. but you must be prepared if the laptop have any problem. your warranty is probably from the US of A. so u have to ship it back and such. international warranty is rare.
did saw g55 in courts at nex serangoon. worse specs than my g75 but cost 1900. asus will probably not carry g75vw. but they might bring in the new g46 or the newer not yet release g75vx. i call asus and none of them was able to give me an definite answer whether g46 g75vx will come to singapore.
PM me if u need more information.

bignazpwns
11-15-2012, 07:18 PM
Personaly i would get a new MSI G60. More stuff on the laptop and over all is cheaper and will man handle a G55 or G75 all day long. A10 4600 and a HD 7970 is pretty serious. Messed with one for a bit and it is with no hesitation my new recommendation for a $1200 system.

Zygomorphic
11-16-2012, 02:11 AM
What about the cooling and the build quality? Those are also considerations that should be accounted for. The ASUS machines are well made and the laptop cooling systems are unmatched.

Without 3D is cheaper, if those variants are sold in your country. Unfortunately, I live in the US, so I cannot say.

SUKARA@ASUS
11-16-2012, 03:16 AM
Could you please try to contact asus service center and detail check about this?

asus service center contact information:
http://support.asus.com/Hotlines.aspx?SLanguage=en

cheek
11-16-2012, 05:35 AM
@bignazpwns u mean the msi gx60?
7970m is serious kick ass. not very sure about the trinity apu + 7970m pairing though. apparently the slightly low cost is to sway/ attract the usual intel crowd. a similiar 680m barebone gt60 would cost so much more. specs for specs this is a very good machine. unmatched in power in its price range. the gpu alone already cost abt 40% of the machine?
frankly speaking i would have gotten this. a 17' screen and minus tacky keyboard it would be near perfect.

bignazpwns
11-16-2012, 12:47 PM
Ivy brige is faster at some stuff but i can tell you that Trinity is not that far behind and in gaming that better gpu is way way weay better then a slower gpu with ivy. Also you can cross fire that apu to that gpu = win. Trinitys are very nice and was a step in the right direction for AMD.

As for the MSI's cooling and build quality both are top notch. I go to use one for a few days and i will flat out say it was better then G55 and G75 and i am seriously thinking about buying one.