PDA

View Full Version : Asus G73-JH Dead !

War_Machine
11-17-2012, 12:17 PM
hi I wanted to talk about my misadventures, almost two years ago I bought a Asus G73-JH, four months ago the problems started which were presented during the normal use of the laptop (without playing games), ie bands had gray or green on the screen. I made an update of bios and during the update the computer crashed.
I had to send it in RMA, where I have changed the motherboard.
After receiving the I used for a week and then the problems have recurred and eventually the laptop when you turn from monitor does not display anything, I feel the fans both cpu and gpu run at maximum speed. Reading on the forum suluzione was to change the gpu. So I buy a new gpu Nvidia GTX560m, I changed the gpu but still the same problem, no dislay output.

Can anyone help me I'm desperate!

kimiraikkonen
11-17-2012, 02:17 PM
That's why i fell out of love with RoG notebooks. Hesitating to buy G75 for kind of poor quality at all :(

Hope RMA solves your problem at last.

billyray520
11-17-2012, 02:28 PM
ignore this post

War_Machine
11-17-2012, 05:27 PM
Poor Quality Laptop (Upgradability and Repair need to disassemble all laptop - Cooling Effect and Managment) & RMA Service :confused:.
Never more I Buy gaming laptop from Asus. :mad:

dstrakele
11-18-2012, 05:51 AM
Unfortunately, It looks like every day of normal functionality beyond 2 years is a gift. (see http://forum.notebookreview.com/asus-gaming-notebook-forum/694917-g73-jh-1-rma.html and http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?11968-G73JH-Black-screen-(&country=&status=) .

SUKARA@ASUS
11-19-2012, 07:22 AM
Could you please help to contact asus service center,and plan to repair first...

asus service center contact information:
http://support.asus.com/Hotlines.aspx?SLanguage=en

War_Machine
11-19-2012, 02:21 PM
Laptop is already been sent in for service and they replaced the motherboard.
After less than a week the problem is back. So I decided to change gpu.
After the change has been the problem still remaning. So I tested the ram one at a time, but same.
This morning I read that the problem could be that the CMOS battery dead :(?

billyray520
11-19-2012, 07:29 PM
My G73JH screen (Hannstar one) just died a little more than two years after purchase, so out of warranty. :mad: It got the permanent psychedelic screen of death (psod) I had this problem a couple of months after I bought the laptop, and even went so far to get a RMA from ASUS, but then the problem resolved on its own, so I just went on using it. I have ordered a new LG Screen from Laptopscreen.com. If I didn't baby this laptop the way I did, it might have permanently died while still under warranty. Oh well.

MidGe
11-25-2012, 01:43 AM
Just out of warranty, not even two months, and I got the same thing.

A few days ago , on booting up, I got a black screen, restarting the G73SW fixed it. Then it happened again, and again! After a few instances I had to close the lid and hold the power and try a few times to get it started. Just getting worse and today, well I don't know how many times I have to try restarting it, closing/opening the lid, move a magnet, give the beast a few knocks but it still has not started. I am about to order a new box, hopefully to get it delivered within the next 10 days (Iam getting it specced specially) but it, for sure, is not an ASUS.

This, in terms of cost vs usage, has been the worst purchase of a computer I have made. And I have had personal computers since the first IBM PC! I don't know how many I have had altogether. At this very moment I have 4 notebooks on my desk here at home, all, bar one (the ASUS), humming along great!

This was my first purchase of an ASUS and it is the last one.

I may play with opening it up, just to see, now. But not being a HW person, I doubt that it will come to anything beside further mechanical breakage. If anyone has any suggestion about what I could do to it or with it to salvage some of the cost, beside using it as a door-stopper or decoy for potential thiefs, please let me know.

Some advice to potential buyers: unless you are made of money, stay away from ASUS. Read the various forums and you will quickly get the idea. It seems that ASUS has planned obsolescense down to a fine art.