PDA

View Full Version : Ai recovery problem

duro2321
11-17-2012, 05:37 PM
Yesterday i restarted my G75VW and went AFK for 5 min. When i come back AI Recovery shows up and wants to recover my LAptop. I quit the recovery and restart my pc again, so when i restart it, it shows the Recovery again and i am sure i didnt click F9 at startup. So with my dumb brains and late hour i restore my pc. When it got restored, i got many other problems, like lights behing the keyboard arent working any more, my mouse wheel is not working for some reason, when i have headphones on they dont work, my speakers start to work and i need to replug. Are all those things becouse i dont have the latest drivers or what i am really lost and really pissed of, becouse i lost so many data.

Tnx for help!

rewben
11-17-2012, 06:08 PM
that's too bad :/ i think you need to get the latest drivers from ASUS and reinstall them (and hopefully solve the issues).

what did you do before all these happened?

this is one of the reasons i have a fresh windows install to get rid of the recovery partition, other than freeing up the space (that's after i do the necessary recovery DVD backups).

for the data, always back them up to an external storage (just spend a little time for that; it's better safe than sorry).

duro2321
11-17-2012, 06:16 PM
Well i was really angry in the start, but in the end you jsut say well i guess i have to install everything again :) Not all of my data is actually lost, becouse i had some things on other partition.
What did i do? I was playing cs:go. Nothing speacial. I really dont understand why it restored...
Should i just format the PC and get rid of this restore partition? Becouse i dont really know what to do with it, and where could i get all those updates for all those things? Is there any program which could help me or i have to do them manually.

rewben
11-17-2012, 06:36 PM
the recovery partition is useful for those who are not familiar with OS/driver installation.

to me, it's more convenient and much faster to install OS and drivers fresh by myself. after i have installed all the software and windows is properly activated, i will create system images using windows backup (which will be refreshed regularly when i put in more stuff to the system). that way i can recover my system anytime i want, with all the software that i need ready.

if you have created the recovery dvds (it's best to have them in ISO format), you can do the fresh install. the drivers can be found here (http://rog.asus.com/notebook/) (click on the model of your machine and look for the drivers in the download section). maybe you can refer to this (http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?24614-G55VW-Drivers-to-install-after-clean-install&p=176423&viewfull=1#post176423) also. it's best if you do the driver installation manually.

duro2321
11-17-2012, 06:56 PM
thank you very much for your help! I will start installing every driver at a time, becouse i want everything to work as it did before! Btw, these drivers are probably all up to date right?

dstrakele
11-17-2012, 07:36 PM
An F9 ASUS Factory Restore will reboot the system several times and take about 45 minutes to complete. If you interrupt it before it completes, you may end up without drivers being installed, leaving you with the symptoms you report.

If you want the ASUS out-of-the-box installation with all the outdated drivers and ASUS Bloatware, run the F9 Restore again, but leave the laptop alone for an hour.

If you don't want the ASUS Bloatware and do want the latest drivers, a clean Windows install is necessary and you'll need to locate and install the recent drivers yourself.

Something may have corrupted Windows system files on your HDD (power surge, HDD head crash, virus, etc.) to cause your initial problem, so you may wish to run a disk diagnostic utility to confirm it's okay.