PDA

View Full Version : Adding SSD to G75VW-NH71 stuck in Bios

nyichiban
11-18-2012, 05:41 AM
Upgrading the HDD to SSD on a G75VW-NH71
Bought this bad boy off newegg for less price then the 2.3ghz i7 but with a worse review. Reviewer obviously didn't know what he/she was talking about. Any who I tried to swap out the HDD with a Samsung 830 SSD. It read fine when I had it installed in the other slot and I did a driveimage XML clone. I pop out the hdd and replace with ssd and power it on it just goes into the BIOS screen. Anyway to set the SSD as the boot device? Anyone have any ideas what I'm doing wrong?

rewben
11-18-2012, 01:55 PM
when you're in the bios, can you see your ssd drive listed in boot > boot priorities (or something like that)? if it's listed, can you make it selected in boot priorities?

Pitcher@asus
11-20-2012, 03:53 AM
Hi, are you sure your are install SSD to computer normal? what is your SSD partition?

xperiaplayerpro
01-27-2013, 10:51 PM
Hi little of topic my first post ever. I need help I want to swap out the blu ray for an sad so I will have 2x hdd 1tb each total 2tb in raid 0 and use the ssd for oppsys . Now my problem is that the bluesy bay uses a slimline sata and I can't for the life of me find the right adapter which is female slimline sata to female sata can anyone help or have a similar setup?