PDA

View Full Version : I solved the ASUS G75VW Windows 8 subwoofer problem!

Techinstein
11-18-2012, 03:34 PM
Hello everyone, I did a lot of searching and I finally figured out how to get the subwoofer and keyboard and all those functionalities working on the G75VW. 1. Go to rog.asus.com , 2. Go to products and then notebooks and choose G75VW. 3. Go to download. 4. Download everything you want from selecting Windows 8 64 bit. 5. Go to downloads again click Windows 7 64 bit then go to the plus on audio and download the latest audio driver. Wait for the installer letit do its thing reatart your computer afterwards and BAM subwoofer works and you get VIH audio deck. Hope I helped.

Apexing
11-18-2012, 04:49 PM
or just download this one
http://www.viaarena.com/Driver/v10500d.zip

djmaro21
11-18-2012, 05:05 PM
Techinstein: What the hell are You talking about?!
V10500d is a old drivers and We can`t install it on WIn8 Pro 64 in any way!

BTW: Latest, official Asus audio driver for G75VW for Windows 7 64 is V6.0.01.10600 from 2012/08/13 and still the same:
I have Also 10.800a:
and 10.900

Only 10.1200a is install without any errors but not working properly.

Apexing
11-18-2012, 05:29 PM
im running with the 10500d and that is the latest from viahd´s own homepage.

finalhour
11-18-2012, 06:24 PM
Hello everyone, I did a lot of searching and I finally figured out how to get the subwoofer and keyboard and all those functionalities working on the G75VW. 1. Go to rog.asus.com , 2. Go to products and then notebooks and choose G75VW. 3. Go to download. 4. Download everything you want from selecting Windows 8 64 bit. 5. Go to downloads again click Windows 7 64 bit then go to the plus on audio and download the latest audio driver. Wait for the installer letit do its thing reatart your computer afterwards and BAM subwoofer works and you get VIH audio deck. Hope I helped.

If you read all over the forums you would've seen that people have already said this "solution" and it's not really a solution...the Sub doesn't scale with the speakers if you use the keyoard to adjust volume so you didn't fix the issue we're all b1tching about. Thanks for being captain obvious with this post though.

Enigma
11-18-2012, 06:59 PM
Djmaro21: in my experience this error has nothing to do with the driver download listed by Apexing, regardless of whether it's out of date or not. It can also happen with newer versions. I have found that after intensive research that the "we cant find hd audio device error" seems to be caused by having the NVIDIA audio driver installed before installing the VIA driver. If you look at the list of things NVIDIA installs you will see an audio driver listed (not sure what it's called), of course you can uncheck that box if you wish and it wont install that portion, and the error VIA gives during install should be gone. another solution is to entirely uninstall NVIDIA and all its' components first, reboot, install the VIA driver (it should be successful this time), reboot again, (just to be on the safe side), and then reinstall NVIDIA, including its' audio driver if you want it. It seems that the VIA installer is unable to recognize the audio device since NVIDIA has presumably already "taken"/"occupied" it. the 2 drivers can coexist, but I have found that this is only the case when VIA is installed first and NVIDIA drivers are not yet present on the system. If you're installing from the ASUS Drivers And Utilities disc that probably came with your laptop when you bought it, then you will want to uncheck the VGA and NVIDIA boxes and install the audio drivers first (if it's VIA), and then VGA and NVIDIA afterwards. And another thing, i'm not sure if this is absolutely necessary, but after uninstalling NVIDIA you may also want to open up Device Manager and uninstall every driver that has the word "audio" in its' name. it's also possible that other things may cause this error as well, but not in my case. I also am not presenting my advice as an end-all solution to this issue.

djmaro21
11-19-2012, 08:21 PM
Djmaro21: in my experience this error has nothing to do with the driver download listed by Apexing, regardless of whether it's out of date or not. It can also happen with newer versions. I have found that after intensive research that the "we cant find hd audio device error" seems to be caused by having the NVIDIA audio driver installed before installing the VIA driver. If you look at the list of things NVIDIA installs you will see an audio driver listed (not sure what it's called), of course you can uncheck that box if you wish and it wont install that portion, and the error VIA gives during install should be gone. another solution is to entirely uninstall NVIDIA and all its' components first, reboot, install the VIA driver (it should be successful this time), reboot again, (just to be on the safe side), and then reinstall NVIDIA, including its' audio driver if you want it. It seems that the VIA installer is unable to recognize the audio device since NVIDIA has presumably already "taken"/"occupied" it. the 2 drivers can coexist, but I have found that this is only the case when VIA is installed first and NVIDIA drivers are not yet present on the system. If you're installing from the ASUS Drivers And Utilities disc that probably came with your laptop when you bought it, then you will want to uncheck the VGA and NVIDIA boxes and install the audio drivers first (if it's VIA), and then VGA and NVIDIA afterwards. And another thing, i'm not sure if this is absolutely necessary, but after uninstalling NVIDIA you may also want to open up Device Manager and uninstall every driver that has the word "audio" in its' name. it's also possible that other things may cause this error as well, but not in my case. I also am not presenting my advice as an end-all solution to this issue.

Dear "ENIGMA":
Thank You for help!
I did each point from Your "checklist" - Without success BUT You have right and I`m sure that`s the reason of my (and other) people problems.
I uninstall everything (NVIDIA and VIA). I Uninstall from Device Manager every driver. I try to turn off this drivers too.
In all possible ways...
Logically You have right.

When I uninstall everything and click on "rescan" in Device Manager, computer found once again 2 "sound cards" One is NVIDIA and ONE is VIA (I think on Microsoft driver). When I click on "Nvidia" (the upper sound card) I see many files .inf as drivers - HDAUDIO.INF, NVHDA.INF and so on. And this is the problem. Uninstall from Device Manager mean nothing for Windows!
Print Screen (after many, many uninstalls)
What can I do more?
I still have "No HD Audio..."

Apexing
11-19-2012, 09:32 PM
you could try the program called driversweeper http://www.techspot.com/downloads/4266-driver-sweeper.html
but please make sure you only check the nvidia box, or what ever sound box you want drivers to be removed.

first time I accidently ticked all xD

djmaro21
11-20-2012, 10:51 AM
you could try the program called driversweeper http://www.techspot.com/downloads/4266-driver-sweeper.html
but please make sure you only check the nvidia box, or what ever sound box you want drivers to be removed.

first time I accidently ticked all xD

First - thanks for help!
I download this program. After run I see many option but NVIDIA is only: Physx, Display, Chipset.
Rest of this option is for another devices. So I check all Nvidia - then clean. Then restart and after that I try to install VIA (any of version) drivers and...!@#$%^&*(....still the same - NO HD AUDIO!:)

But now, when I click on Device manager, then "rescan" I see only ONE HD soundcard.

I`m wondering why in this program "Driver Sweeper" no have something like "NVIDIA Audio" but only Display, Physx and Chipset...

Really...I don`t know what I can do more...

Enigma
11-20-2012, 11:56 AM
djmaro21: try changing your system language to English temporarily and then take another screenshot, i'd like to read it. as far as Driver Sweeper is concerned, I don't recommend using it, but you can try anyway if you wish. I really just don't trust any program that purports to remove drivers for me, for fear that it might remove something I need. it might help, might not. in any case trying uninstalling everything NVIDIA and VIA related from your Control Panel. then reboot. manually go thru all the files on your hard drive and delete anything related to those 2 programs. and also delete all references to them in the Registry. reboot again. download CCleaner and do a complete scan of both your system as well as the Registry. let it fix anything it finds. also get the free version of Revo Uninstaller, sniff around with that and see if it finds anything. reboot again. run the Driver Sweeper if you want to see if it finds any leftovers. open up the Device Manager and check for anything that has audio in its name, right click it and uninstall. for me when I refreshed/rescanned the view the entries didn't come back. also get rid of the ones by Microsoft, they should reinstall themselves when you reboot (or do a Windows Update). if any of them say both audio and Bluetooth in its name then you should also reinstall your BT drivers as well or BT might not work correctly. if none of this works try posting on the VIA forums (if they have one) or contacting their customer support, they would be more likely to be able to help.

djmaro21
11-20-2012, 01:34 PM
ENIGMA: I change the language for english but I think, maybe we can try to do this together by Skype or TeamViewer? I wrote to ASUS support - they don`t know nothing abut the problem and date of release a correct driver.

Enigma
11-21-2012, 12:01 PM
Skype would be better for me. my username is stephen_wayne_hamilton. i cant talk (mic dont work), but we can type and you can share your screen with me. just send me a private message here on the forums and we can arrive a time to meet up. i cant make any guarantee of being able to solve your issue though. teamviewer might also work but i havent used it much.

djmaro21
11-21-2012, 03:53 PM
Skype would be better for me. my username is stephen_wayne_hamilton. i cant talk (mic dont work), but we can type and you can share your screen with me. just send me a private message here on the forums and we can arrive a time to meet up. i cant make any guarantee of being able to solve your issue though. teamviewer might also work but i havent used it much.
Thanks! I send to You right now a private message.
BTW: Check this out (my post)...http://www.viaarena.com/forums/showthread.php?p=270560#post270560