PDA

View Full Version : G55vw - AI Recovery Utility server down?

Curious_Gamer
11-19-2012, 07:27 AM
Hello,

My G55VW recently needed to be reimaged. I used the first set of recovery media I had created when I first purchased theunit, but of course since my HDD is 500GB it's not working..

I stumbled upon these forums after doing alot of reading on why that was & thanks to these forums I was able to find out it was because the AI recovery utility I was using was defective or old.

I've since installed a 250GB hdd in my g55VW. I've imaged that drive with the DVD's I've burned.I've been hitting the Live Update utility "check for update/install" button like a mad man, but the Live Update utility will just not download the latest version of the AI Recovery Utility (1.0.25).

Even the product support page for drivers utility under ROG or the normal ASUS site no longer contain the utility..

The eStore wants the charge me 50$ for the recovery cd's.. which doesn't seem right considering the unit shipped out with defective software..

Is there any other legitimate workaround?

rewben
11-19-2012, 07:52 AM
get this (http://nbtsd.asustreiber.de/Tools/AiRecovery_V1.0.28.zip) while it still last.

Curious_Gamer
11-19-2012, 03:36 PM
tnx for the link, i'll give it a shot.

Pitcher@asus
11-20-2012, 03:43 AM
Please find and download last AI recover unitility.

rewben
11-20-2012, 03:46 AM
@Mike_Lu@ASUS, it has been taken down from ASUS website the last time i checked :/