PDA

View Full Version : G53SW Backlit Keyboard

CubikRube
11-19-2012, 10:15 PM
Hi all, i'm new to the forum and i have some question about a problem with the backlit keyboard.
I have a G53SW purchased on 06/2011 and i have recently sent it to the assistance for various problem (hard disk not working and power jack pin broken). Yesterday i have finally received the laptop but presents new problem: the backlit keyboard does not work.
I have read several posts about this issue without finding a solution.
The Fn+F3/F4 combination does not work; also the keyboard backlight don't flash on startup.
I have read that is probably due to the bios update (the motherboard has been changed) and that there is a fix for the same problem on G73.
Also exists for the G53?
I would like to avoid sending back the laptop to repair...
It's possible to downgrade the bios to a previous working version?

Thanks for any replies and sorry for my very bad english (google translate does not help xD)

Zygomorphic
11-20-2012, 01:08 AM
Google translate did a fine job. :)

Reverting BIOS, I don't think so. Try reinstalling all the ASUS drivers (ATK package). If that doesn't help, maybe contact ASUS again?

cl-scott
11-20-2012, 01:28 AM
Afraid sending it back in might be your only real option if Zyg's ideas do not work. The Asus eStore can only ship to the US and Canada, and on top of that all I see is a US keyboard for the G53SW. Plus you'd have to pay for the keyboard that way as opposed to Asus paying if it goes in for another RMA.

CubikRube
11-20-2012, 05:36 PM
I tried to reinstall the ATK package (v1.0.0007), but still does not work.
I also noticed that did not work either the combination Fn+F9 for enable/disable the touchpad.
Nothing to do?
I've already waited almost a month and the laptop has come back with an hard disk that still does not work, and now with this new problem. This situation is quite frustrating. I need this laptop for working on my thesis (i need a CUDA graphics card) and the situation does not help.
I have spent 1200 for a laptop that within a year and a half had several problems, and the technical assistance sends it back with old and new problems???
The situation is absurd...
Surely the next purchase of a laptop i will not consider the Asus brand...
Sorry for the outburst (it says so?) and thanks for replies

Pitcher@asus
11-29-2012, 02:53 AM
hi, i think you will send back again, if all ways are not help you to slove, maybe FPC is not connect to connecter.