PDA

View Full Version : Asus G74 idel temps

zickyjacks
11-20-2012, 05:56 PM
So I have had my Asus G74 BBK-5 for over a year now. I've noticed through HWMonitor that While sitting idel (after I play a DC universe Online) that the temperature spikes between 31-39 degrees C. I figured that maybe it would do this since I just finished playing a game for about 1 hour. During game time it hits about 50-54 degrees C. It sits on a metal table with somewhat plastic covering over top the table. And I normally am in the basement where it's roughly about 25 degrees C. Am I just being paranoid
and are these safe temps after running a game? Also my last question is; is it normal to see the temperature go from 31 to 35 yo 39 back down to 34 degrees C.

zickyjacks
11-20-2012, 05:57 PM
And sorry misspelled idle*

dstrakele
11-20-2012, 07:09 PM
I think you're being paranoid if you are reporting CPU/GPU temperatures. Is that what they are? If not, report them at idle and while gaming. Then we can better decide if we need to get the straight jacket...

cl-scott
11-20-2012, 07:21 PM
There are plenty of people who would LOVE to have those kinds of temps. They are bordering on the excellent range for a laptop.

zickyjacks
11-21-2012, 03:48 AM
Ha, no need to get a straight jacket. I have a tendency to be paranoid/over think in these situations.

But thanks for the input.

kimiraikkonen
11-21-2012, 04:53 PM
So I have had my Asus G74 BBK-5 for over a year now. I've noticed through HWMonitor that While sitting idel (after I play a DC universe Online) that the temperature spikes between 31-39 degrees C. I figured that maybe it would do this since I just finished playing a game for about 1 hour. During game time it hits about 50-54 degrees C. It sits on a metal table with somewhat plastic covering over top the table. And I normally am in the basement where it's roughly about 25 degrees C. Am I just being paranoid
and are these safe temps after running a game? Also my last question is; is it normal to see the temperature go from 31 to 35 yo 39 back down to 34 degrees C.

Excellent temps for a G74. Imho my G53 is smaller thus my temps are about 20 degrees more than yours. Still no major problems though. Yours are like dream.

Shudnawz
11-22-2012, 08:03 AM
Okay, so what are acceptable OC-temp levels for the GTX 560M? I'm giving it a shot with Afterburner, but not sure how high I can allow the temp to go before I need to tune it down a bit.

Stresstesting with Kombustor @stock gives about 65-66 C after about 2 mins and then levels out and normally it idles around 44-46 C, @22 C amb.temp. Suppose I could increase airflow around it, but not sure where the intakes for the fans are. Going to try to raise it abit to let it breathe better underneath.

DaemonXR
12-05-2012, 12:58 PM
Air intakes are below lcd panell from upper side of laptop. Your temps are ok, Mine GPU when stressed with FurMark for hour or two sits somewhere between 71-77 C @22-23 C ambient temp...