PDA

View Full Version : Ok, enough is enough, ASUS we want answers on the Screen/black-lines issue...

finalhour
11-20-2012, 06:35 PM
Ok, so there are several threads about this, and many differing opinions, but they all end up concluding that most if not all G75VW models have an issue where the screen shows horizontal black lines when displaying darker hues.

Now there are some naysayers, believe me, I know some of you don't see this issue, I used to be among you, but if you actually look for it, or do anything Photoshop-related or play intense games you'd see it. If you read all the threads on here, it's clear that this is an issue with ALL ASUS G75VW machines.

ASUS, stop noodling around and step up and take ownership of this issue. It's not fixable by driver updates (which wouldn't matter since you never give those to us anyways), and EVEN IF we were to RMA, you just put the same damn Chi Mei screen back in it. So here's the deal. I've been an ASUS customer for my past two laptops, if you don't fix this issue, I am never buying another ASUS computer, nor am I going to recommend ASUS to any friends or relatives who often ask me for advice on what to get. For the price of this thing, you ought to be fixing this issue. Recall the monitors in this and put in one that doesn't suck.

And ASUS mods on here, stop wussing out of the conversation. I've yet to see an update on this issue since sept/early oct, from any official ASUS mod. So I call on you to actually respond to this on here and get the ball rolling on fixing this (no this doesn't mean I want a broken english reply from a mod, clscott or Marshall@ASUS, light a fire under ASUS to set things right with us or we'll be lost to you as customers.

timppu
11-20-2012, 08:48 PM
Now there are some naysayers, believe me, I know some of you don't see this issue, I used to be among you, but if you actually look for it, or do anything Photoshop-related or play intense games you'd see it. If you read all the threads on here, it's clear that this is an issue with ALL ASUS G75VW machines.

First time I hear about this issue, and so far I haven't detected any abnormal horizontal black lines on the screen of my G75VW.

So how can I reproduce the issue on my G75VW? I've played games like Crysis 2 on this, should it be intense enough to see the issue? If not, what would be an intensive enough game to see it? I don't have Photoshop nor I intend to buy it either.

Is there some web page with pictures or a Youtube video showing the issue?

dstrakele
11-20-2012, 08:51 PM
See http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?23419-I-m-the-only-one-left-annoyed-with-flicker-amp-black-lines-across-the-screen&country=&status= for a discussion and pictures of this issue.

finalhour
11-20-2012, 08:52 PM
You may just have not noticed it. You probably could produce it just in playing Crysis 2, it appears as thin black bands running horizontally, here's a photo from my own computer.13999

The photo above has the lines in the photo I'm editing in the background of the person in the picture. They appear there as clear as day and are a huge distraction/pain when I'm doing anything with photoshop (which is ~50% of the time)

joyfulPo
11-20-2012, 10:22 PM
I had to go out with 10 000 $ in an attempt to get a working ASUS G75VW product.
That was because I needed a laptop for an event and the process of delivering back a product and getting money back or new product was too long.

So in the end, I spent total of 10 000 $ in 2 weeks just trying to get a working product but in the end. I just faced that ALL of them had the same issue and this wasn't going well so I had to settle with it in hope of ASUS would step up in the coming weeks\months.

But that never happened.
I wonder if this is a case for the consumer agency.

Not fair putting all the responsibility on the customer when it's clearly a world wide issue.
It cost me time and money to hazzle this much for something!

You are suppose to buy product, be happy, the end.

So yeah, I think this is the last time ever I give ASUS a shot and that is a shame as I felt strongly about them, before..

No trust left.

Having to send a laptop to RMA then wait for weeks as they need to order screen part.
Just to get it back with same screen, same issues.
Then repeat. Anger, stress, just all put on the consumer that paid hard earning money for a expensive product.

2000 $ is a lot!

Andili
11-21-2012, 11:03 AM
Hi guys,

I had the exact same issue with my Toshiba Qosmio X775 and that was also the reason why i changed from Toshiba to Asus.

Andy

finalhour
11-21-2012, 07:29 PM
Hi guys,

I had the exact same issue with my Toshiba Qosmio X775 and that was also the reason why i changed from Toshiba to Asus.

Andy

And I love the lack of an official ASUS response...ignoring us won't make the fact that the sub-par quality of our G75's pisses us off.

Apexing
11-22-2012, 06:57 AM
who really cares?
just get it replaced where ever you bought it, you dont really have to deal with asus for these things. Your retailer may say you have to, but you dont.
I dont have thoes lines on my screen and many people donīt so its bound to be difficult to trouble shoot the thing since it does not sound like something one can trigger when ever they feel like it.

get it replaced, turn it on in store. have the image you use for testing on a usb drive and see if the model you got this time have the issue.
and if its such a big deal to yo, call or email the support, there you can hear if they acknowlede the issue, if they are doing something about it. not really the asus moderators job to answer these things on a forum. They are not neccerly in the support area of expertese.

finalhour
11-22-2012, 03:27 PM
who really cares?
just get it replaced where ever you bought it, you dont really have to deal with asus for these things. Your retailer may say you have to, but you dont.
I dont have thoes lines on my screen and many people donīt so its bound to be difficult to trouble shoot the thing since it does not sound like something one can trigger when ever they feel like it.

get it replaced, turn it on in store. have the image you use for testing on a usb drive and see if the model you got this time have the issue.
and if its such a big deal to yo, call or email the support, there you can hear if they acknowlede the issue, if they are doing something about it. not really the asus moderators job to answer these things on a forum. They are not neccerly in the support area of expertese.

Sure as soon as you find me a store that actually has that loose of a return policy. We're all stuck with our faulty screens in our G75s because it's a 30 day return policy...what's worse is that clscott has collected all the data on this and said nothing since then. It is ASUS's job to answer on this, the mods are the ROG reps for ASUS, therefore it is their responsibility to stop pussying out of it

Apexing
11-22-2012, 06:07 PM
the mods are to supervise the forum and make sure nothing is against the TOS.
if you want a support then call them on the phone.
you said its easy to spot, but did not spot it within 30 days ?

dstrakele
11-22-2012, 07:05 PM

True, but I've seen them offer good technical support in their posts as well.

Rayearth
11-22-2012, 09:23 PM
Ok, so there are several threads about this, and many differing opinions, but they all end up concluding that most if not all G75VW models have an issue where the screen shows horizontal black lines when displaying darker hues.

ASUS, stop noodling around and step up and take ownership of this issue. It's not fixable by driver updates (which wouldn't matter since you never give those to us anyways), and EVEN IF we were to RMA, you just put the same damn Chi Mei screen back in it. So here's the deal. I've been an ASUS customer for my past two laptops, if you don't fix this issue, I am never buying another ASUS computer, nor am I going to recommend ASUS to any friends or relatives who often ask me for advice on what to get. For the price of this thing, you ought to be fixing this issue. Recall the monitors in this and put in one that doesn't suck.

And ASUS mods on here, stop wussing out of the conversation. I've yet to see an update on this issue since sept/early oct, from any official ASUS mod. So I call on you to actually respond to this on here and get the ball rolling on fixing this (no this doesn't mean I want a broken english reply from a mod, clscott or Marshall@ASUS, light a fire under ASUS to set things right with us or we'll be lost to you as customers.
1. Learn this lesson: If You gave them Your money, they don't care about Your issues.
2. Apply to daily routine.
3. Welcome to the real world.

Hope I helped.

finalhour
11-22-2012, 10:37 PM
if you want a support then call them on the phone.
you said its easy to spot, but did not spot it within 30 days ?

I got it in the summer, my most intense use is not when it's sunny and nice out. I didn't have a situation arise where it was obvious until September (I bought it in late July). Best buy has the worst return policy around, but it's not the store's fault that ASUS has bugs that it won't fix. It's ASUS's fault. If you read the threads, people HAVE called support, they're clueless that this is even an issue, and all they do to fix it is to put the SAME DAMN CHI MEI monitor in it! which fixes NOTHING.

finalhour
11-22-2012, 10:39 PM
True, but I've seen them offer good technical support in their posts as well.

And more importantly, they are the closest we get to talking TO ASUS. If Support was that easy to talk to and show, "hey there's this awful effing screen issue with dozens of G75s" maybe they'd care. Unfortunately if you call support, it's some random dude who knows very little about this model and even less about any existing issues

joyfulPo
11-23-2012, 11:49 AM
You can send in a complaint to the consumer agency about ASUS as this is such world wide issue, at least in my country when they send back with the same screen same error. A lot of people in my country have bought the laptop with this issue.

Worst, when they are returned to the company that sold the ASUS G75VW, they are re-sold again as a 100% working but was returned as the return-policy was used.

Instead of sending them back to ASUS for a fix. Heh!