PDA

View Full Version : Fan problem

ksida
11-21-2012, 12:58 PM
Hi. sorry about my English.

I bought G75 a month ago.

but one of fan never stop even do nothing. (left side one)

Always working. ALWAYS~~!~!~!

it's not that very noisy but annoying.

i dont think its normal.

Do I have to apply fix or just keep it anyway?

[/SIZE]

c_man
11-21-2012, 01:19 PM
It's normal, but what left is that? Left has the CPU, right has the GPU. The GPU will make a bit more noise. They both work 24/7.

ksida
11-21-2012, 02:25 PM
Oops my bad.

yeah cpu side. gpu's one stop sometimes.

i usually used very quite one so didnt expect fan noisy from laptop.

c_man
11-21-2012, 02:33 PM
Hm, I find that strange. The CPU fan, if not under load, will make almost no noise. The GPU fan on the other hand will make some noise even when you just browse for example. I have never seen them turn off. The CPU might seem like it and even the air is barely pushing, but you can feel it. Just put your hand in the back, on both sides.

ksida
11-21-2012, 03:54 PM
Hm, I find that strange. The CPU fan, if not under load, will make almost no noise. The GPU fan on the other hand will make some noise even when you just browse for example. I have never seen them turn off. The CPU might seem like it and even the air is barely pushing, but you can feel it. Just put your hand in the back, on both sides.

thx c_man.

i found that cpu fan is not noisy one. its gpu side.

I uploaded youtube about fan sound.

can u please check it is enough problem or not?

(just turn on the laptop. nothing under load)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4rIrJTpKLgg&feature=youtu.be

boogiestu87
11-21-2012, 04:35 PM
I have the G75VW and am having the opposite problem. My left fan will not turn on when the CPU warms up. If I lift the laptop up by holding just the front, the fan will kick on and start cooling the CPU till it gets to a stable temperature at around 40 degrees. I'm not sure if I should open the panel for the left fan, in fear of voiding my warranty, to at least take a look. Any help on this issue would be much appreciated.

cheek
11-21-2012, 04:39 PM
it does sound something is loose inside the fan or some fan shaft alignment problem.
go have it check out.

Sinless
11-21-2012, 04:47 PM
Install a temp meter like hwinfo, then check your temps under heavy load.

boogiestu87
11-21-2012, 05:00 PM
I have core temp installed. When I play WOW for example the CPU temp will continue to climb and has gone up to 80 degrees. Just talked to tech support and they advised just to send it in and offered no troubleshooting whatsoever. Couldn't get a definitive answer on if opening that panel for the left fan would void my warranty, he said as long as I don't damage anything.

dstrakele
11-21-2012, 07:38 PM
How long have you owned your G75, @boogiestu? If you're still within your retailer's exchange/return period, I'd recommend exchanging your laptop for a new one.

boogiestu87
11-21-2012, 07:55 PM
I've had it for a week now. Still in time for a return but got it from amazon when they had a sale and now they are sold out :( They have similar builds but much more expensive. Looks like ill just send it in for repairs.