PDA

View Full Version : UNSTABLE X79 PC - Help/Advice Finding Fault

mkelbie
11-21-2012, 05:46 PM
I had this post 90% typed then and I got a BSOD :@

I am having issues with my fairly new PC. I cant remember exactly what I just wrote before it crashed again but basically I upgraded to Windows 8 installed all the latest drivers from asus but some of my hardware like headset & corsair link was incompatible so eventually I chose to go back to windows 7. Upon doing so I had lots of system crashes and BSOD which I think is driver related (got latest drivers from asus). I did another clean install of Windows 7 using my motherboard CD (old drivers) but still had crashes so decided to go back to Windows 8. I am now having the same problems with Windows 8 :@

I have all the latest drivers from ASUS so it could be my hardware is faulty but I am not sure how to identify what is at fault or if its driver/software related then how do I find/fix that.

Errors I was getting on Windows 7 was Driver IRQL and also my PC would boot fine but when I chose to go in safe mode it would freeze and restart on CLASSPNP.SYS.

Errors on Windows 8 KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED.

I don't have a clue how to identify what's causing the crashes so would really appreciate the help.

What are the most stable/latest drivers for my system and what tests could I run to identify the faults.

My spec is;

Rampage IV Extreme X79
Corsair Vengeance 2133 4x4GB
GTX 680 DCU II OC
AX1200i

Cyborg V7
Rat 7
Vengeance 2000 Headset.

I hope none of my hardware is at fault and its just a driver issue and if someone can help find the fault then I would be really grateful.

Thanks

Chino
11-21-2012, 05:55 PM
Welcome to the ROG board, mkelbie! Sorry to say but the Vengeance Series are giving a lot of problems on the X79 platform. There have been many documented cases and our experts typically agree that anyone using that platform should stay away from the Vengeance Series.

mkelbie
11-21-2012, 06:02 PM
Welcome to the ROG board, mkelbie! Sorry to say but the Vengeance Series are giving a lot of problems on the X79 platform. There have been many documented cases and our experts typically agree that anyone using that platform should stay away from the Vengeance Series.

Really :O I assume you are referring to the Memory and not the headset?

What can I do in terms of refund/exchange then as I imagine the retailer wont want to help. Do you think it is my RAM then and not say chipset drivers or something basic?

I may contact corsair about this as I think my motherboard is excellent and can't see it being that.

Thanks

HiVizMan
11-21-2012, 06:12 PM
Let it finish doing what it is doing, but yeah there have been a few thousand posts about X79 and Vengeance DDR3 ram not playing nice. Actually it is more the IMC of the CPU than the ram I suspect. The Vengeance RAM plays real nice with Z77.

Chino
11-21-2012, 06:21 PM
I wouldn't say I'm 100% sure the problem is with the RAM. It's just a guess lol. Let's just wait for the RAM expert to see this thread. He can probably help you find a solution.

As a matter of fact, here's a quote from not so long ago. :p

Vengeance ram and the X79 boards here on the ROG forums have accounted for a good 60% of all support issues in the early stages of the platform. Before folks became a little more aware of the issues. X79 is picky about what ram it likes to have in system.

mkelbie
11-21-2012, 06:28 PM
Let it finish doing what it is doing, but yeah there have been a few thousand posts about X79 and Vengeance DDR3 ram not playing nice. Actually it is more the IMC of the CPU than the ram I suspect. The Vengeance RAM plays real nice with Z77.

I let it finish, its just crashed again typing this message.

What can I do to resolve this? Do I contact Asus Intel or Corsair or return to the retailer but I doubt they will help?

Also, a random question; the new 4GB 2 Slot 680 cards, I have the 680 2GB and been debating selling for a 690 or going down SLI route, would a 4GB offer any benefit if I bought 1 and paired it my existing card or even sold my existing card for 2 x 680 4GB versions.

Why I am looking at upgrades when my pc is knackered I don't know :P

Chino
11-21-2012, 06:32 PM
Because you're a true ROG Enthusiast lol. We stride for the best, remember? :p

Are you running multiple monitors?

mkelbie
11-21-2012, 06:42 PM
Because you're a true ROG Enthusiast lol. We stride for the best, remember? :p

Are you running multiple monitors?

I am, I have built 3 ROG systems this year and X79 being the most expensive has also been the most dangerous :P

I currently only have the 1 XL2420T 3D monitor but 3D surround sounds fun so that's why I have been looking into a 690 or SLI but I believe a 690 shares 2GB ram so its technically the same as 680 SLI but a 4GB DCU II card and only taking up 2 slots seems a good idea :)

HiVizMan
11-21-2012, 06:48 PM
LOL - yes well what can I say Vengeance is an ongoing thing still.

OP please try and install Win7 and see if that helps. I just want to see if the system is the problem or the OS is the problem.

mkelbie
11-21-2012, 06:59 PM
LOL - yes well what can I say Vengeance is an ongoing thing still.

OP please try and install Win7 and see if that helps. I just want to see if the system is the problem or the OS is the problem.

I went back to windows 7 and it was even worse believe it or not :O but a few weeks ago Windows 7 was perfect that's why I think it might be driver related but I know PCs can one day just decide to not work.

When I 1st built this machine I did have issues with the memory and getting all sticks detected and then running @ 2133 but I managed get past that.

I have just ran a memory test and came back with no faults.

Really don't know what is wrong and its frustrating. I would happily go back to windows 7 if I knew it would work.

HiVizMan
11-21-2012, 07:12 PM
Which memory test did you run? The OS one or the one in my sig?

That is the one that matters, and if you follow the guide to the letter we will have removed many of the variables.

mkelbie
11-21-2012, 07:17 PM

That is the one that matters, and if you follow the guide to the letter we will have removed many of the variables.

Bleeding crashed again :@ said driver irql this time?

I have run the W8 OS mem test plus few tests in AIDA64.

Will do the 1 in your sig now.

Thanks

mkelbie
11-21-2012, 08:47 PM

Just run the memory test in your sig. Completed with no errors. Does this mean my ram is fine?

Chino
11-21-2012, 09:44 PM
To be able to complete the test with no errors is always a good sign. Can you upload the log from Event Viewer so we can ID the BSOD?

HiVizMan
11-21-2012, 10:02 PM
Please confirm that you ran the memory test in my sig at the XMP profile settings.

AND is yes, then it is a very good thing, because it tells us that your CPU IMC is good enough, your motherboard does not have any defective slots and your CPU is correctly seated. Plus the obvious, your ram is performing to specification. :)

mkelbie
11-22-2012, 04:58 PM
Please confirm that you ran the memory test in my sig at the XMP profile settings.

AND is yes, then it is a very good thing, because it tells us that your CPU IMC is good enough, your motherboard does not have any defective slots and your CPU is correctly seated. Plus the obvious, your ram is performing to specification. :)

Sorry for the delay, my iPad wouldn't let me login last night to reply, anywho....

Yes I ran the test with the XMP profile so memory was 2133, I have now got my memory running @ 1600mhz and I got a BSOD last night so its not the overclock that's the problem.

I will upload event logs now.

HiVizMan
11-22-2012, 05:16 PM
Cheers mate - no problems with the late reply we have to sleep too. :o

mkelbie
11-22-2012, 05:18 PM
http://www.filehosting.org/file/details/396426/cB0EqWL5ydgXz0sv/errors.xml

This a link for all the errors in my event log. There are quite a few. It is only valid for one download but if you can suggest where I can upload this for viewing that would be great.

Thanks

Chino
11-22-2012, 05:46 PM
Mediafire (http://www.mediafire.com/) ;)

mkelbie
11-22-2012, 06:06 PM
http://www.mediafire.com/?yzzc3tsardzgse9

Chino
11-22-2012, 06:30 PM
Haven't analyzed the whole log yet but so far:

First Event

Provider Name="BTHUSB"
It's a Bluetooth driver. Pretty sure the RIVE doesn't come with Bluetooth. So are you using any bluetooth dongles? lol

Second Event

Provider Name="Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-PnP"
Data Name="DriverName">WpdBusEnumRoot\UMB\2&37c186b&0&STORAGE#VOLUME#
USB error. Anything connected to your PC? USB sticks, Cellphone, etc..?

Third Event

Provider Name="Microsoft-Windows-Wininit"
Data Name="String">C:\PROGRA~2\NVIDIA~1\3DVISI~1\NVSTIN~1.DLL
NVIDIA driver.

So far, I've seen these two errors repeat alot. So we can narrow it down to something to do with the USB drivers/devices & NVIDIA drivers. Can you pinpoint it for us when the BSOD happens? Like what were you doing? Web browsing, listening to music, gaming, etc.?

mkelbie
11-22-2012, 06:42 PM
Haven't analyzed the whole log yet but so far:

First Event

It's a Bluetooth driver. Pretty sure the RIVE doesn't come with Bluetooth. So are you using any bluetooth dongles? lol

Second Event

USB error. Anything connected to your PC? USB sticks, Cellphone, etc..?

Third Event

NVIDIA driver.

So far, I've seen these two errors repeat alot. So we can narrow it down to something to do with the USB drivers/devices & NVIDIA drivers. Can you pinpoint it for us when the BSOD happens? Like what were you doing? Web browsing, listening to music, gaming, etc.?

My board does come with Bluetooth, initially I didn't have the driver installed. Only chose to install as I was getting crashes.

My phone was connected via bluetooh, had usb stick for installing windows and also had another stick in for the memory test iso.

It has crashed on web browsing and gaming, just been downstairs come back up and its crashed again and the only thing running is internet explorer. I may do a final clean install tonight of windows 7 and will download all the latest drivers again from Asus site. I shouldn't be getting crashes like this though surely, Windows 8 was only installed yesterday or maybe Tuesday.

Thanks

Chino
11-22-2012, 07:28 PM
My bad lol. Didn't know RIVE comes with bluetooth. :p

I installed W8 to a work machine a few days ago and I was getting BSODs before even getting into the Windows. And since W8 doesn't let you into safe mode like the old fashion way, the only thing I could do was a reformat. After 4 reformats, I found out that the NVIDIA drivers were causing the BSODs. Yes, it took that much since W8 doesn't show the codes anymore. And let's be honest. A sad face and your computer has crashed doesn't help much with diagnostics.

Well, the crashes from gaming would explain the "C:\PROGRA~2\NVIDIA~1\3DVISI~1\NVSTIN~1.DLL ". But for web browsing, were you watching youtube videos or were there any Flash content on the websites while web browsing? Try using Firefox. Let me know if it crashes still.

mkelbie
11-22-2012, 09:13 PM
Half way through my reply and another BSOD :@

storport.sys Driver SQL this time.

Should I do a clean install of Windows 7? Whats the best or most stable drivers for my board with W7 x64?

I really want to watch a film or at least play some black ops II tonight but I cant do anything.

The BSOD then all I had open was 2 webpages, no flash or java.

Chino
11-22-2012, 09:22 PM
Go for it. There's nothing like starting anew lol. It's even easier to diagnose problems that way. I don't have the RIVE but I think HiVizman does. Maybe he can help you out there.

I've always used drivers from the Asus site and they've never given me any problem. The general rule is to install the drivers and skip the utilities. :p

mkelbie
11-22-2012, 09:32 PM
I am going to give windows 7 another go then. I did have problems with it too but hopefully this time it is fixed.

I am going to download all the latest drivers now and put them on a stick. I will post an update. I hope it works.

mkelbie
11-22-2012, 09:51 PM
Here are the drivers I am installing;

Intel_Chipset_V9231025_XPVistaWin7_8

Intel_MEI_V71211124_XPVistaWin7

Intel_Gigabit_V17200_XPVistaWinn7_8

Asmedia_V1340_XPVista

RSTe_35_V3501092_V3501096_VistaWin7_8

Asmedia_USB3_V11430_XPVistaWin7

Atheros_Bluetooth_V72065_XpVistaWin7

Realtek_Audio_V51006699_V6016699_XPVistaWin7_8
Realtek_Audio_V5016570_V6016570_XPVistaWin7

Not sure which AUDIO driver is right for my board?

Would appreciate it HiVizman if you can confirm I have the right ones, I am just about to boot into windows 7 so will keep checking this thread before I start installing any drivers.

Thanks

HiVizMan
11-22-2012, 10:26 PM
Hello mate

Could you just hold fire with the drivers for now please.

The only drivers I would like you to install is the Intel chip-set driver, the LAN driver and of course your VGA.

Unless the others are mission critical I really think it would be a good idea to see if your system is now stable. Once we have a base line (and a back up of your OS, system restore or something similar) we will add one driver at a time and see if that driver causes grief.

Re bluetooth I actually disabled it in the BIOS and then finally removed the actual blue dongle from the IN/OUT panel. I have a RIVE, think I have about 6 of them. :) Really like this board, it is a bit harder to get into than some others I own but once you have it dialed in it is a fantastic performer.

mkelbie
11-22-2012, 10:34 PM
Hello mate

Could you just hold fire with the drivers for now please.

The only drivers I would like you to install is the Intel chip-set driver, the LAN driver and of course your VGA.

Unless the others are mission critical I really think it would be a good idea to see if your system is now stable. Once we have a base line (and a back up of your OS, system restore or something similar) we will add one driver at a time and see if that driver causes grief.

Re bluetooth I actually disabled it in the BIOS and then finally removed the actual blue dongle from the IN/OUT panel. I have a RIVE, think I have about 6 of them. :) Really like this board, it is a bit harder to get into than some others I own but once you have it dialed in it is a fantastic performer.

I have installed Chipset & LAN (listed above) plus USB 3 Drivers and Nvidia 306.97 driver.

The only device asking for a driver is PCI simple communications controller. I have drivers to install for Corsair Link, mouse/keyboard, headset and the rest of my motherboard drivers but I am going to run some tests see if it is stable as it is.

I will create a backup image on my spare drive of the OS drive as it is now with just Windows X64 SP1 Ultimate and the drivers, not done any updates either yet.

I really love this board too, a lot of features I will probably never use but the performance of it is amazing and I really want it working again :P I have seen a lot of users on here with my board running Windows 8 which makes me more concerned.

I am going to run AIDA64 tests or Heaven benchmark for half hour to see how it goes, bios is still stock and ram is running @ 1600mhz for now.

Thanks for you help. Will update if all goes well.

mkelbie
11-22-2012, 10:53 PM
http://www.mediafire.com/file/klmbw5qais54lij/unigine_20121122_2251.html - Heaven Benchmark completed on max settings without any issues.

I have ran a couple cinebench tests and I think I might run AIDA64 stability test for the night and if I wake up to running PC then I am pretty sure its stable, from there I will start to add drivers and repeat benchmark tests.

My overclock & ram settings can wait, if I get it stable @ stock I will be happy.

Chino
11-22-2012, 11:02 PM
Looking good so far. You're on the right track. :)

HiVizMan
11-22-2012, 11:06 PM
OK once you are done with the testing, hit me up and we will walk through the OC together. Again my practice is to take small controlled steps and eliminate variables from the equation. Not as flash as others, nor as quick, but I get results that last.

Take care.

mkelbie
11-22-2012, 11:06 PM
Seems I am yeh, I won't mind staying on windows 7 now if my system runs like it used to.

This may be unrelated but my nvidia and aida64 both show my gpu as pci-e 2.0 and asus GTX 680 top. I'm 99% sure I only have the OC version. It's speed is even showing as the TOP version

mkelbie
11-22-2012, 11:10 PM
OK once you are done with the testing, hit me up and we will walk through the OC together. Again my practice is to take small controlled steps and eliminate variables from the equation. Not as flash as others, nor as quick, but I get results that last.

Take care.

Thanks for all your input, I am going to continue the tests over night and install drivers and software in stages. Think the only overclock I am going to do is load the XMP for my memory. Stock 3930K is fast enough, likewise for my GPU.

Thanks to you both for helping, it's looking good already as no BSOD or even a lock up.

HiVizMan do you run windows 8 with your R4E?

Chino
11-22-2012, 11:11 PM
And what does the box say lol?

Edit: HiVizMan's old school. Windows 2000 probably. :p

HiVizMan
11-22-2012, 11:15 PM
I run a couple of systems on the X79 platform for testing purposes, mainly I have one of each platform up on the test bench and simply swap out SSD's with the different OS as needed. But to answer your question yes I do have Win8 on one system and that system has to be stand alone, as you know you need to have a Win8 specific BIOS and iRog firmware to run Win8 correctly on a system. And that messes with my Win7/Vista/XP and Linux stuff. So two X79 systems are currently up on the bench.

mkelbie
11-22-2012, 11:36 PM
Says OC on the box, seems really odd that it is showing as the TOP version.

Values from AIDA64

Asus GTX680-DC2T-2GD5
PCI Express 2.0 x16 @ 1.1 x16
GPU: 1137 MHz, Boost: 1201 MHz, Memory: 3004 MHz

Could that be wrong that it has the TOP speeds and why only PCI-E 2.0?

Didnt actually know you had to have a speciifc bios for Win8, I knew an update was released but I have only updated my bios once from new and it was to the latest version when I updated to Windows 8. Think I have 3101 which I hope is good for Windows 7 or 8.

HiVizMan you have far too much money if you can own multiple X79 systems never mind Rampage IV extremes!!

All motherboard drivers (except audio/bluetooth) are installed now and still seems to be working fine

mkelbie
11-23-2012, 12:08 AM
Ignore the PCI-E 2.0 bug, I remember this when I built the system. But the fact my gpu is a top is really strange.

mkelbie
11-23-2012, 12:21 AM
Had no BSOD yet but couple lockups for a minute or so and my Ethernet takes ages connect when I 1st boot.

Everything installed now except corsair link. It's bed time now so will leave the stability test running overnight.

Thanks

HiVizMan
11-23-2012, 08:56 AM
LOL not quite what you think. I benchmark quite seriously and as such you use the best products for your sport. And I will hardly ever keep a system for longer than a year so it is a marginal cost at the end of the day. Buy and sell on when finished benching - is how self financed benchers have to do to survive. The big cost is VGA's that die.

Will check back later.

mkelbie
11-23-2012, 11:02 AM
my VGA is being strange, any idea why its running as a TOP version and not an OC? I have checked box & serial, definitely an OC version.

My pc seems stable, only issue I have is theres a delay with my ethernet, takes longer than usual to connect to the inerent. Icon shows limited connectivity for a few minutes after a start up.

HiVizMan
11-23-2012, 11:09 AM
Mate try a different version of GPUz

Chino
11-23-2012, 03:09 PM
my VGA is being strange, any idea why its running as a TOP version and not an OC? I have checked box & serial, definitely an OC version.
What does the sticker on the backplate say lol?

mkelbie
11-24-2012, 10:50 AM
What does the sticker on the backplate say lol?

Says GTX680 DC20 2GD5. Strange isnt it.

My pc is still running, havent had any BSOD but my ethernet still plays up when I 1st boot it and I just got an error with an unknown device. All devices had drivers yesterday and I haven't added or removed anything.

I am tempted to upgrade back to windows 8 again now. It turns out I didnt actually have the latest BIOS, I had 2105. I have 3101 now which I assume is the best 1 to have for W7 or W8.

mkelbie
11-24-2012, 01:51 PM
I have returned my PC to the retailer (Aria)

They are going to run some tests over the weekend and see how stable it is. Had enough testing and changing things round, they said they are not aware of x79 and vengeance memory issues but if they find something that suggests that they will offer alternative memory.

I am just concerned they might not find anything wrong, I have been told that they will charge me if its built wrong but I don't think that will be the case but as they never built it they are limited so I have emailed suggesting I pay the build fee and they strip my system down and rebuild it testing all parts in the process. If they don't find anything faulty and it passes a 24/48 hour burn test then all I can think is its software related.

Hopefully it gets resolved soon.

Will ASUS honour my gtx680 warranty? Receipt is for standard version, box says OC and so does the label on back plate but the card appears to be a TOP version.

Thanks

HiVizMan
11-24-2012, 01:59 PM
Re - Aria, sadly they have a bit of a reputation for dodge RMA practices in the past. I personally have not had issues with them but then I know a couple of the guys there personally.

And I am not surprised that a on-line store RMA department is unaware of ram compatibility issues - no disrespect to the system builders for large retailers they do what they are told, and that is it.

Please keep me informed as to the progress.

mkelbie
11-24-2012, 02:14 PM
Re - Aria, sadly they have a bit of a reputation for dodge RMA practices in the past. I personally have not had issues with them but then I know a couple of the guys there personally.

And I am not surprised that a on-line store RMA department is unaware of ram compatibility issues - no disrespect to the system builders for large retailers they do what they are told, and that is it.

Please keep me informed as to the progress.

I have only had 1 rma with them for a H100 and was swapped in minutes. The annoying thing about today was I went in recently and spoke to 1 of the system builders who confirmed x79 was a nightmare with vengeance and said not to worry my system was built they could still test it.

I manged to convince the rma staff to agree this too so hopefully they just offer replacement memory. I think offering to pay this small build fee may be a good idea if it means I have issues again they will just test my hardware for free no questions asked if I am struggling myself.

I will update on Monday when hopefully I return to collect my working machine.

HiVizMan
11-24-2012, 02:23 PM
All good mate, it is best if you are able to go in.

If you get stuck give me a call and I will see what can be done. But it does look like you have things well in hand.

mkelbie
11-26-2012, 09:57 AM
All good mate, it is best if you are able to go in.

If you get stuck give me a call and I will see what can be done. But it does look like you have things well in hand.

Aria just said its been running prime95 and hasn't had any issues. This is what I was worried about, can't fix something if nothing is showing as being wrong.

I might just collect it and buy a test bench to run it on myself and if it runs well I will rebuild it.

HiVizMan
11-26-2012, 10:34 AM
Ask them to build your system then? A small fee would be costing you less than the cheapest test bench which is about 45

mkelbie
11-26-2012, 10:55 AM
Ask them to build your system then? A small fee would be costing you less than the cheapest test bench which is about 45

I have suggested that but don't think they will. I might try push for that but I personally don't think I have built it wrong, booted 1st time when built just had slight issues with memory but it has been running for 4-6 weeks without a single issue then all of sudden it was a nightmare.

There must be a hardware fault somewhere but the crashes I have had relate to different parts but they all have a connection to the board/memory so in my opinion it's either 1 of them or human error by myself

mkelbie
12-01-2012, 12:59 PM
Sorry to keep dragging this post on but I still don't think my pc is 100% yet.

I now have windows 8 running, didn't install any extra chipset or NVidia drivers (windows installed latest NVidia driver on its own).

I have installed few apps, game and just now installed the vengeance 2000 wireless driver so my headset is working.

PC seems fine, windows is asking for a bluetooth and pci communications controller driver. Other drives I have yet to install is my corsair link software and keyboard/mouse drivers for my v7 & rat 7.

I have made an image with macrium reflect, never used it before but seems to do what I want. I am going to run prime or and unigine heaven confirm everything is fine then I will start to install the remaining drivers if that all goes well.

My bios is on the latest version and memory is running at either 1333 or 1600mhz, I haven't set the XMP settings for the 2133 speed. Going to do that last.

HiVizMan
12-01-2012, 01:31 PM
OK lets see how it goes. I could always speak to some of the folks at Aria if you want, but it does seem like you have matters in hand.

mkelbie
12-02-2012, 01:06 PM
OK lets see how it goes. I could always speak to some of the folks at Aria if you want, but it does seem like you have matters in hand.

Aria was good to help, they wanted to keep the machine for testing but I need it for work. I am definitely convinced its either the memory or drivers. I had no issues what so ever and today I installed Bluetooth, audio and then Intel Management Engine Interface. After that I started getting blue screens.

I have just restored my SSD with an image I made, I don't think I need those drivers but I am going to list what drivers windows is asking for and what drivers are out of date.

With you owning the same board and running W8 too, would you mind comparing drivers? If they are still unstable for me if I use the same as you then it must be hardware related?

Thanks

HiVizMan
12-02-2012, 01:52 PM
There is one key difference, I have removed the Bluetooth unit completely. I simply pulled the dongle out of the USB port it is connected to.

Nor do you need the Intel Management one either.

Audio - I only use the drivers from the Asus support page.

Here are my drivers on my sustem

Intel Inf
LAN drivers
USB3 drivers
Sound
VGA

Nothing else.

One other thing that comes to mind is this, do you have Macaffey or Gamejackal/Alcohol installed. Stuff like that ....

mkelbie
12-02-2012, 04:21 PM
There is one key difference, I have removed the Bluetooth unit completely. I simply pulled the dongle out of the USB port it is connected to.

Nor do you need the Intel Management one either.

Audio - I only use the drivers from the Asus support page.

Here are my drivers on my sustem

Intel Inf
LAN drivers
USB3 drivers
Sound
VGA

Nothing else.

One other thing that comes to mind is this, do you have Macaffey or Gamejackal/Alcohol installed. Stuff like that ....

No I don't have anything like that installed.

Did you install all those manually as things like USB3 and VGA windows 8 did automatically for me.

Do you know what version your drivers are? Maybe I am using old/unsupported versions.

I apologise for taking up so much of your time, I really do appreciate all this help.

Thanks

HiVizMan
12-02-2012, 09:00 PM
No stress mate we are all part of the ROG family and we help each other.

I like to install them myself. That way I know that I have the drivers that I want in my system.

mkelbie
12-02-2012, 09:08 PM
PC is running fine and I haven't installed any additional drivers for the motherboard. Just let windows 8 install everything and kept it like that.

PC is fine now, installed all my drivers for extras like corsair link, headset mouse etc etc. Had games and benchmarks running all day so so its obvious an issue with either the Bluetooth sound or intel chipset driver as my memory is even running @2133 now.

I am going to leave it as it is, don't need the extra drivers as everything is working so I will just give up.

Will just try the next versions that are released.

How easy was it to remove the Bluetooth dongle? I might do the same.

HiVizMan
12-03-2012, 09:03 AM
It is real easy, the blue dongle is just slotted into the top area. A firm but not brutal hand is needed to remove, I supported the stack with my other hand and push/pulled it out with little effort.

HOWEVER - I have also managed to fit a Molex 4 pin connector upside down into a DVD player with little effort - don't ask :D