PDA

View Full Version : G46VW availability in other region??

trust7
11-22-2012, 11:18 AM
So far from what i've read on other sites and forums, the g46vw will only be available in the US region on dec. Does anyone have any idea whether will the g46vw be available in other region in the world as i have checked from several Asus suppliers in my region in Asia Pacific they told me that it will not be available in Asia due to product line consideration. I am very interested in getting my hands on the g46vw but i have no idea where can i get it and shipped it to Asia.:(

dclanz
11-22-2012, 07:13 PM
Welcome to the forums trust7!!!

You're not the only one trying to get it outside of the US. I'm currently monitoring BestBuy to see if I can purchase it and have a friend collect on my behalf, but all I see is the product page up atm (and it's not available yet in any outlets). Given what I've read and what was said on the forums, different models and configurations should be available later on (I'm guessing from January or February?). As for availability elsewhere, hopefully we'll see it on Amazon and other retailers elsewhere soon (that word soon...it gives so much hope but does little to specify a timeframe, lol). Rest assured if anyone finds it available anywhere, you'll find out right here. :)

chrsplmr
11-22-2012, 10:57 PM
OP .. Welome to ROG ... Relax ... soon ... everywhere .. and Then. The next.c.

SUKARA@ASUS
11-23-2012, 07:40 AM
Currently only can say~ ~ please pay attention to asus website updates information!!

trust7
11-27-2012, 09:13 AM
Welcome to the forums trust7!!!

You're not the only one trying to get it outside of the US. I'm currently monitoring BestBuy to see if I can purchase it and have a friend collect on my behalf, but all I see is the product page up atm (and it's not available yet in any outlets). Given what I've read and what was said on the forums, different models and configurations should be available later on (I'm guessing from January or February?). As for availability elsewhere, hopefully we'll see it on Amazon and other retailers elsewhere soon (that word soon...it gives so much hope but does little to specify a timeframe, lol). Rest assured if anyone finds it available anywhere, you'll find out right here. :)

It is currently available at bestbuy for $999.99 but as for the resolution and the i5 processor, its kinda on the downside for me.

Ricky
11-27-2012, 11:48 AM
Waiting confirm from Marshall :confused:

dclanz
11-27-2012, 02:33 PM
It is currently available at bestbuy for $999.99 but as for the resolution and the i5 processor, its kinda on the downside for me.

I know, but the price factor isn't a problem to me and I view the i5 as affording a bit more battery life than the i7 version (when I need to get mobile). I've heard a lot of different opinions about the screen resolution and while I agree that a higher res is better, I can live with 1366x768. This laptop will mainly be used for college, work and light to medium gaming when I'm hiding from people. Just wish Best Buy would quit teasing us with a product page. :/

trust7
11-27-2012, 02:34 PM
Waiting confirm from Marshall :confused:

i've inboxed him already and he told me that it will be available in other regions in 2013 but not sure in which quarter of the year 2013.

trust7
11-27-2012, 02:42 PM
I know, but the price factor isn't a problem to me and I view the i5 as affording a bit more battery life than the i7 version (when I need to get mobile). I've heard a lot of different opinions about the screen resolution and while I agree that a higher res is better, I can live with 1366x768. This laptop will mainly be used for college, work and light to medium gaming when I'm hiding from people. Just wish Best Buy would quit teasing us with a product page. :/

Same goes for me as I prefer a smaller scale mobile gaming rig as I used to always bring my heavy CPU around to my friends place for LAN games and all. Also I tend to travel alot and at times it's just too boring when you're away on business and you just wanna stay in your hotel room and game. If you get what I mean. At first I was planning to get an Alienware m14x R2 but suggestions from few of my friends as to not get an alienware as they are not as good as it was said and the price is not that worth. As for bestbuy, they are really teasing us because I'm hoping that they will offer it in higher resolution when it was release as i have a friend who can help me get it too. :)

Ricky
11-27-2012, 03:06 PM
i've inboxed him already and he told me that it will be available in other regions in 2013 but not sure in which quarter of the year 2013.

Thanks for your information, when G46VW avaible at 2nd quarter in 2013 GTX660M will become low-mid GPU.. We need GTX680M or above to survive.. my opinion and expectation

dclanz
11-27-2012, 03:57 PM
Same goes for me as I prefer a smaller scale mobile gaming rig as I used to always bring my heavy CPU around to my friends place for LAN games and all. Also I tend to travel alot and at times it's just too boring when you're away on business and you just wanna stay in your hotel room and game. If you get what I mean. At first I was planning to get an Alienware m14x R2 but suggestions from few of my friends as to not get an alienware as they are not as good as it was said and the price is not that worth. As for bestbuy, they are really teasing us because I'm hoping that they will offer it in higher resolution when it was release as i have a friend who can help me get it too. :)

Lol, I know what you mean. I'd like the ability to game wherever I may go. The Mx14 I've seen at Amazon ( http://goo.gl/4nNwO ) has less ram, a NVIDIA GeForce GT 650M, Windows 7 Home Premium x64 and the item weight is 10.4 pounds?? Can't support the aliens with that one. :P

colpolite
11-27-2012, 08:08 PM
Lol, I know what you mean. I'd like the ability to game wherever I may go. The Mx14 I've seen at Amazon ( http://goo.gl/4nNwO ) has less ram, a NVIDIA GeForce GT 650M, Windows 7 Home Premium x64 and the item weight is 10.4 pounds?? Can't support the aliens with that one. :P

M14x R2 weighs 6.5lbs and can be configured with win7 or win8 and has a 900 hd+ display at alienware and can be bought cheaper if you are a smooth talker and can haggle.

chrsplmr
11-27-2012, 10:26 PM
"G46VW availability in other region??" Asus right ?

This is just starting to heat up .. there will be top enders and
maybe even smaller coming .. if they can fit the gpu and cooling ..

There is a huge evolution happening live .. Asus is a Master.

The AMD apu looks promising to say the least .. and lest we
forget the TaiChi has dual 1920x1080's on an 11.5"..

As far as the G46 .. it's far to early to speculate on upcoming models ..
BestBuy has to have it's 'taste' first. Full Retail(Brand Rec/Commercial). Then Enthusiast.

dclanz
11-28-2012, 12:58 AM
M14x R2 weighs 6.5lbs and can be configured with win7 or win8 and has a 900 hd+ display at alienware and can be bought cheaper if you are a smooth talker and can haggle.

Nice but still a bit heavy. Also i think you can still get Windows 7 x64 on the G46VW as well (may take a bit of tinkering) and the higher res isn't much of a deal breaker for me. :p I also found Lenovo offering a 14' gaming machine http://goo.gl/dRwrQ but that battery life doesn't quite cut it (no optimus). Seriously Asus, next time, don't go exclusive with BestBuy because I'm seriously wondering if I'll get this lappy in time for the holidays :/

trust7
11-28-2012, 08:29 AM
Thanks for your information, when G46VW avaible at 2nd quarter in 2013 GTX660M will become low-mid GPU.. We need GTX680M or above to survive.. my opinion and expectation

Lets just hope that they will make a refresh on the GPU by then. :)

trust7
11-28-2012, 08:33 AM
Heres the latest update on the G46VW availability

Currently, regions that have shown interest in G46 for next year, include: Czech Republic, France Indonesia, Kazakhstan, Portugal, Romania, Singapore, Slovkia and USA. This is by no means a definitive or final list.

kikich
11-28-2012, 12:15 PM
Okay it is almost December and if we are going to buy G46 this year we need some answers, please tell us will be the hi res and i7 with TB be available this year in US or other country or not?

trust7
11-28-2012, 12:25 PM
Okay it is almost December and if we are going to buy G46 this year we need some answers, please tell us will be the hi res and i7 with TB be available this year in US or other country or not?

From what i know, it will be available in US in Decdember and the rest of the world in 2013. As for i7 and higher res screen, i clearly have no idea at all about it. We just have to wait and see on bestbuy. :)

trust7
12-06-2012, 09:45 PM
Its already Dec and still no news about it being release in the states. I've found a european website which is taking pre-orders. Its in french. I think. Still the resolution is kinda a let down .

http://www.webdistrib.com/cat/Ordinateur-portable-GAMER-ASUS-W8-G46VW-W3038H-i7-3630QM-2-4Ghz-750Go-14--__p_828136.html

eyung25
12-07-2012, 12:06 AM
The G46VW has been shown as available in Best Buy stores in the states for a couple of days now.

trust7
12-10-2012, 08:53 AM
Does anyone in this forum got their hands on a g46vw yet? Also I've search online for a review and theres still nothing. why is it taking so long? The wait is so painful LOL.

dclanz
12-10-2012, 07:37 PM
Does anyone in this forum got their hands on a g46vw yet? Also I've search online for a review and theres still nothing. why is it taking so long? The wait is so painful LOL.

LoL, a lil patience! It's coming, it's coming! :P

trust7
12-10-2012, 07:47 PM
=p its just that im just too eager to find out how good will it perform and maybe bought it online and get it shipped to my cousin who will be heading to the states next week for a month. If not, I would have to endure for another 2-3 months (hopefully) before i can get my hands on one. =(

trust7
12-10-2012, 08:00 PM
I found a polish website that shows that the g46vw will have 3 type of led screens. Below are the type of screens that the G46VW will be having.

Display 14 "Anti-Glare LED-backlit HD display (1366 x 768)
14 "Anti-Glare Screen HD + LED backlit (1600 x 900)
14 "widescreen full HD LED backlit (1920 x 1080)

Finally better resolutions ;)

trust7
12-10-2012, 08:05 PM
Also it is instock in France and pre-order in Portugal (xpected delivery from: 18 Dec 2012).

http://www.webdistrib.com/cat/Ordinateur-portable-GAMER-ASUS-W8-G46VW-W3038H-i7-3630QM-2-4Ghz-750Go-14--__p_828136.html

http://www.fnac.pt/Asus-G46VW-W3052H-Computador-Portatil-Computador-Portatil/a640782?PID=10&Mn=-1&Mu=-13&Ra=-5000&To=0&Nu=1&Fr=0

dclanz
12-10-2012, 09:07 PM
Haha! You're seriously hyped. I'll post as many screenies as I can and my opinion of it when it arrives :D

trust7
12-12-2012, 06:27 PM
Yes i am really very hyped about it.

dclanz
12-12-2012, 11:11 PM
Well, I can point you to another forum where folks have already dissected it (not sure if that's allowed so i will gingerly post the link http://forum.notebookreview.com/asus-gaming-notebook-forum/689401-new-14-inch-g-series-notebook-29.html. Other than that bit of info mines has arrived in Puerto Rico but according to Fedex:

Dimensions 19x18x7 in.
Total shipment weight 11.2 lbs / 5.1 kgs

11.2lbs?! I hope I got a bag, mouse, hat, tshirt and stickers for my car in addition to the laptop. :P

_
12-13-2012, 02:31 AM
Laptop is only 2.5kg

dclanz
12-13-2012, 10:25 AM
Laptop is only 2.5kg

That's what I know! Wonder what else came with it? Good news is that it has arrived in Trinidad & Tobago and is currently at the Fedex facility in Tunapuna. Bad news for them is that I'm tempted to go wait for em to open up. :P

trust7
12-13-2012, 11:36 AM
I'm seriously green with envy right now bout you getting your rig soon. Hahaha.. It seems so close but yet so far right at the FedEx center. Please do post lots of picture and if you could, do a little review on it. What are the specs for your rig? Is it the spec from bestbuy?

Mackan
12-13-2012, 01:37 PM
Wonder if Asus has released this in Taiwan yet. Asus is Taiwanese after all... and I am located in Taiwan. Plan to visit the computer market this weekend. But from my experience that's not a guarantee to get your hands on the good stuff. For some reason Europe and the US get the models first, and with the best specs.

dclanz
12-13-2012, 03:46 PM
I'm seriously green with envy right now bout you getting your rig soon. Hahaha.. It seems so close but yet so far right at the FedEx center. Please do post lots of picture and if you could, do a little review on it. What are the specs for your rig? Is it the spec from bestbuy?

I just got it. Dude...i'm looking at the box and it's watching me....and smiling! :o
Tossing up some screenies of opening it but give me till tomorrow to get an initial first impression. So far the build quality is stunning and this baby is so soft to the touch. Power brick while large is nothing to rival the brick I use with my work Lenovo w520. Specs are the same from BestBuy but here are some screenies: (Wonder if to take the rest of the month off from work? ^^ )

14923149241492514926149271492814929149301493114932 14938149391497014971

Added the power brick shots on edit :)

trust7
12-13-2012, 04:45 PM
OMG!!!! :O I'm gonna have a heart attack. You have a G46VW already and I'm still months away from getting one. Please do post more pictures and do let me know how well does it run games and at what settings. If I cant wait any longer, I might get the bestbuy and suffer till end of January when my cousin is back from the States. OMG!!! OMG!!! OMG!!!!

trust7
12-13-2012, 04:52 PM
Wonder if Asus has released this in Taiwan yet. Asus is Taiwanese after all... and I am located in Taiwan. Plan to visit the computer market this weekend. But from my experience that's not a guarantee to get your hands on the good stuff. For some reason Europe and the US get the models first, and with the best specs.

From what I know it is not available in the Asia market yet. They are selling it in the US market first then Europe then Asia. It will take roughly by end of 2013 Q1. Some are saying that it might be delayed till end of Q2 which by then the new intel Haswell processors will probably be kind of out of date for the processor unless ASUS will release a refresh on the G46vw models.

dclanz
12-13-2012, 05:28 PM
By the way, it does have the vents to the back in case anyone was wondering. I just snapped the 6th picture from above. Can't even turn it on to play with it yet because I've got to run but I will when I get back. :)

trust7
12-13-2012, 05:41 PM
By the way, it does have the vents to the back in case anyone was wondering. I just snapped the 6th picture from above. Can't even turn it on to play with it yet because I've got to run but I will when I get back. :)

Oh okay.. I can't wait for more updates from you man. Or u could call in sick LOL. ;p

dclanz
12-13-2012, 09:38 PM
Just got back. Configuring and snapping more images to upload. :)

The default Asus wallpaper does no justice to ROG and not too sure what's with the base score of 5.8 (Desktop graphic performance). So I'll tweak, update and configure a bit while I let steam download some games.

colpolite
12-13-2012, 11:47 PM
Thanks for pics DC, how is the screen quality in terms of color/vividness? Is it a pleasure to view photos with and watch videos? Is the screen grainy?

dclanz
12-14-2012, 12:16 AM
Thanks for pics DC, how is the screen quality in terms of color/vividness? Is it a pleasure to view photos with and watch videos? Is the screen grainy?

The colors aren't washed out nor are they vivid, in between but highly viewable is the best way to describe them (currently typing on it). I'll upload another pic of my desktop below so you can judge for yourself (quality is a bit poor, using an Xperia Miro) . Still downloading games via Steam to test this baby out :D

colpolite
12-14-2012, 01:09 AM
Would you say the g46 have better screen than the common crappy 1366x768 panels out there?? Hw is the matte screen and is it grainy?

pathfindercod
12-14-2012, 01:15 AM
I am new to Asus Laptops (have build all my desktop systems with asus motherboards in the past). I am a Mac user usually and have been playing BF3 in windows bootcamp on my Retina MBP. I was walking through Best Buy and saw this otherPC sitting beside the huge 17inch g75 or whatever model it is they have. Looked closer and WOW a 14" with dedicated 2gb 660! Screen looks nice, gotta have it!

Well now playing with windows 8 on it. I really really wish Asus would offer and UPGRADE to windows 7 on the machine. But I will tweak it. So far I am VERY impressed and am awaiting Origin to download all my BF3 stuff and test this little beast out.

I am really digging the build quality of it, the aluminum top deck. Very solid feeling compared to my limited fondling of the bigger 17" G75 at BB . I can imaging adding a mSATA card to it. I need to look into it.

I think f9 at post will lead to a way to reload the machine to factory? Whats the best way to create a bootable recover image? like the OLD scgool ghost type backup? I would liek to image my machoine after getting it all set the way i want it.

dclanz
12-14-2012, 01:37 AM
colpolite: It's in no way grainy to me and it does knock the socks off of my old Sony Vaio 13.3 incher and Dell 14 incher. :P

pathfindercod: I'm actually loving Windows 8 as I configure it and try out the key shortcuts, haven't checked on reloading to factory settings yet. What are your opinions on gaming? Only tried torchlight 2 on max settings as I'm waiting for other games to complete. Will attach a screenie shortly. Oh and the webcam is super clean! Btw, welcome to the forums!

trust7
12-14-2012, 05:25 PM
Just got back. Configuring and snapping more images to upload. :)

The default Asus wallpaper does no justice to ROG and not too sure what's with the base score of 5.8 (Desktop graphic performance). So I'll tweak, update and configure a bit while I let steam download some games.

I think it might be because it's using the onboard gpu and not the gtx660 as the g46vw comes with optimus.

trust7
12-14-2012, 05:29 PM
I am new to Asus Laptops (have build all my desktop systems with asus motherboards in the past). I am a Mac user usually and have been playing BF3 in windows bootcamp on my Retina MBP. I was walking through Best Buy and saw this otherPC sitting beside the huge 17inch g75 or whatever model it is they have. Looked closer and WOW a 14" with dedicated 2gb 660! Screen looks nice, gotta have it!

Well now playing with windows 8 on it. I really really wish Asus would offer and UPGRADE to windows 7 on the machine. But I will tweak it. So far I am VERY impressed and am awaiting Origin to download all my BF3 stuff and test this little beast out.

I am really digging the build quality of it, the aluminum top deck. Very solid feeling compared to my limited fondling of the bigger 17" G75 at BB . I can imaging adding a mSATA card to it. I need to look into it.

I think f9 at post will lead to a way to reload the machine to factory? Whats the best way to create a bootable recover image? like the OLD scgool ghost type backup? I would liek to image my machoine after getting it all set the way i want it.

Welcome and congrats on getting an Asus ROG notebook. Well I do not think asus will offer the g46vw in win7. But you can always do it yourself ;) Please do post pictures of your G46vw over here and share your opinion about the notebook with us.

trust7
12-14-2012, 05:34 PM
colpolite: It's in no way grainy to me and it does knock the socks off of my old Sony Vaio 13.3 incher and Dell 14 incher. :P

pathfindercod: I'm actually loving Windows 8 as I configure it and try out the key shortcuts, haven't checked on reloading to factory settings yet. What are your opinions on gaming? Only tried torchlight 2 on max settings as I'm waiting for other games to complete. Will attach a screenie shortly. Oh and the webcam is super clean!

What games are you downloading on steam right now? If you don't mind, please do add me up on steam. its the same as my ID here in this forum. :D

dclanz
12-14-2012, 07:37 PM
Completed Skyrim and Blacklight Retribution, thinking of getting NFSMW 2012 and BlackOps 2. I've got an external hard drive with games ranging from BF3 to Syndicate, Shank 1, 2 and others. Just settling down to install. Let me know of some tests you'd like me to run and with what programs (once they're free :P). Here are some quick Skyrim shots on Ultra:

Here is Blades of Time (this game is a bit weird...):

Coderedpl
12-14-2012, 11:06 PM

Download Start8 from Stardock, give the trial version a whirl and see if you like it: http://www.stardock.com/products/start8/
That's the first thing I did, hate the metro style bs on a laptop or desktop, I can see it working on tablet or phone but not here.

Windows 8 supposedly has an option to reset it to the way it was although I'm not certain what it requires. Here is a screenshot:

This can be found in pc settings, under general.
http://img856.imageshack.us/img856/7498/11199555.png (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/856/11199555.png/)

I played Battlefield 3 for a few hours yesterday, and it ran on ultra settings without a single hitch. 0 problems, besides server lag ^_^

Spidey
12-15-2012, 04:45 AM
Hey guys do you think the g46vw will be deadweight when the new consoles come out? I'm hoping a gtx 660m will still be able to run games on medium.

And should I wait for Haswell? Because bestbuy only has the option for the i5. How long will it be until we get the ssd/i7 versions? I'd really like to get one for Christmas and start gaming.

dclanz
12-15-2012, 07:01 PM
Hey guys do you think the g46vw will be deadweight when the new consoles come out? I'm hoping a gtx 660m will still be able to run games on medium.

And should I wait for Haswell? Because bestbuy only has the option for the i5. How long will it be until we get the ssd/i7 versions? I'd really like to get one for Christmas and start gaming.

Hey and welcome to the forums Spidey. I really don't think the g46vw will be deadweight anytime soon (even with new consoles coming out: console gaming and pc gaming are 2 different classes altogether). I mean, if you're looking for a decent sized, good weight gaming laptop (minus the burner which is rectified by an external) you just can't go wrong. In addition you've got Nvidia Optimus which extends the battery life of the unit for mobility. (See pic of current time remaining on battery):

Haswell is supposed to touch down next year, but I don't know if the g46vw series will be getting a refresh (hopefully for folks who want it). BestBuy, sad to say is the only retailer offering the unit at the moment and if you want it in time for Christmas that's the way to go. Perhaps from next year we will see the SSD/i7 versions. :) Also included an image from Speccy a freeware tool for showing various system specs:

trust7
12-16-2012, 04:05 PM
Any BF3 and Blackops 2 screens? Please do share..

dclanz
12-16-2012, 10:18 PM
Waiting to purchase Blackops 2 on Steam when the price is right, will post the BF3 as soon as I get a chance. Meanwhile here is Crysis 2: 15123

trust7
12-17-2012, 12:57 PM
Waiting to purchase Blackops 2 on Steam when the price is right, will post the BF3 as soon as I get a chance. Meanwhile here is Crysis 2: 15123

Are these on ultra settings?

dclanz
12-17-2012, 03:29 PM
No I set it to high. I had encountered some choppy music playback and switched to high to see if it would stop when i took this shot. I still encounter it now and again (in Crysis2: Maximum Edition) so I think maybe I ought to update the audio driver. Here are some screenshots on Ultra settingsand the game runs smoothy (didn't encounter audio issues). The green lines you see streaking past me as I shoot is due to the threat tracer being active (last screen). It shows the path of bullets:

colpolite
12-17-2012, 05:42 PM
dclanz, ty for screenshots

Are the dual fans whisper cool and quiet while hardcore gaming? How about when web browsing and idle?

trust7
12-17-2012, 07:30 PM
No I set it to high. I had encountered some choppy music playback and switched to high to see if it would stop when i took this shot. I still encounter it now and again (in Crysis2: Maximum Edition) so I think maybe I ought to update the audio driver. Here are some screenshots on Ultra settingsand the game runs smoothy (didn't encounter audio issues). The green lines you see streaking past me as I shoot is due to the threat tracer being active (last screen). It shows the path of bullets:

Wow the graphics is so crispy.. I really can't wait to own it. If only there is someone who can help me get it and ship it to me.

dclanz
12-17-2012, 11:42 PM
dclanz, ty for screenshots

Are the dual fans whisper cool and quiet while hardcore gaming? How about when web browsing and idle?

I am yet to hear those fans make any sort of noise or feel any heat from this unit. The cooling is awesome! I really don't think there's anyway I can stress this unit to get those fans working overtime. Web browsing and idle is the same thing, I get no noise/heat feedback. This is one sleek, silent laptop guys! :D

dclanz
12-17-2012, 11:45 PM
Wow the graphics is so crispy.. I really can't wait to own it. If only there is someone who can help me get it and ship it to me.

You will get it bro, like I said if you can find someone in the US willing to buy and ship otherwise the end of January looks like your only option. I'll also keep my eyes peeled for any other retailers who may be selling/shipping the unit (as opposed to BestBuy's purchase/collect at store option).

Coderedpl
12-18-2012, 02:35 AM
Pm replied.

trust7
12-18-2012, 05:19 AM
You will get it bro, like I said if you can find someone in the US willing to buy and ship otherwise the end of January looks like your only option. I'll also keep my eyes peeled for any other retailers who may be selling/shipping the unit (as opposed to BestBuy's purchase/collect at store option).

Thanks so much for helping me out bro. Please do let me know when u found any. :D

dclanz
12-18-2012, 07:39 AM
No problem and will do! :D

trust7
12-18-2012, 08:24 PM
Here I found another site which is offering the G46VW-W3064H
http://www.ldlc.com/fiche/PB00139392.html

which is the i7 version but the memory is kind of a let down though with only 4GB and it costs €1099 which is an extra $450++ comaparing with the BB version which i think is kind of overpriced. Also they have a date of avaiability date which is 04/02/2013. So its 2 more months to go for the rest of the world to get it? Anyone out there has any idea when it will be out in the US market because I am sure that it will be released first in the States. I've also contacted xoticpc about it and they told me that Asus have not provide them with any details yet and once they have it, it will be listed on their website.

Please Asus do shine some light on us in these dark times!!!! :confused:

t0bi
12-18-2012, 09:43 PM
if u want it's already available here: http://www.boulanger.fr/portable_asus_w8_g46vw-w3038h/p_65558_546512.htm

trust7
12-18-2012, 09:49 PM
if u want it's already available here: http://www.boulanger.fr/portable_asus_w8_g46vw-w3038h/p_65558_546512.htm

Hmmm.. 2 question. Do they offer international shipping? Are the keyboard in qwerty?

t0bi
12-19-2012, 02:07 AM
i don't think on the international shipping but it's sure that the keyboard is in azerty

trust7
12-20-2012, 01:12 PM
i don't think on the international shipping but it's sure that the keyboard is in azerty

Anyways I found a site that offers international shipping and customization which offers 1600 x 900 led screens. (Finally!) and also i7. M gonna order it by end if this month if the world doesn't end. Lets hope it doesn't :)

t0bi
12-20-2012, 04:42 PM
can u share the site plz

colpolite
12-20-2012, 05:12 PM
Is it just me or I don't see a sensitivity setting for tapping the buttons or to adjust the scroll speed of the touchpad, i can't even find the damn settings for the touchpad but it says elantech and all i see is the asus smart gesture setting where it does not give any options to adjust the touchpad with things like sensitivity, scroll speed, single scroll, dual scroll, palm check setting etc...

I need a setting where you can set the tap to soft or hard because the default tapping of touchpad requires me to press or tap on it hard to move the cursor and i want it to be soft.

Coderedpl
12-20-2012, 06:17 PM
Is it just me or I don't see a sensitivity setting for tapping the buttons or to adjust the scroll speed of the touchpad, i can't even find the damn settings for the touchpad but it says elantech and all i see is the asus smart gesture setting where it does not give any options to adjust the touchpad with things like sensitivity, scroll speed, single scroll, dual scroll, palm check setting etc...

I need a setting where you can set the tap to soft or hard because the default tapping of touchpad requires me to press or tap on it hard to move the cursor and i want it to be soft.
Did you try windows mouse settings?

colpolite
12-20-2012, 08:20 PM
Did you try windows mouse settings?

That is for the mouse tho, the one that says select pointer speed. I need the actual touchpad settings you know where you can enable/disable single or two finger scrolling, palm check sensitivity, drag zones, tapping soft-hard settings etc...

Where is it?

Spidey
12-22-2012, 02:46 PM
NVM Found my old post, thanks dclanz for the answer!

armanddd
12-23-2012, 03:13 PM
http://www.hidevolution.com has it in stock, with customization options! including a 1600*900 screen. They do international shipping too. Probably the site refered on the previous page.

dclanz
12-23-2012, 04:06 PM
NVM Found my old post, thanks dclanz for the answer!

Lol, no problem bro. :)