PDA

View Full Version : Please help having problems with ping during gaming

Avarious138
11-23-2012, 08:10 AM
ok first lets start of with my specs
Asus Crosshair formula Iv
Amd phenom II processor 965 black edition at 3.6 ghz( slightly overclock 4 core)
asus AMd 6670 1 gig
1 stick of 4 gig 1333 corsair ram.
windows 7 64 bit

I just want to stay i am very happy with my new board with its help i know have a much more beefy computer than what i once had. The only real problem i am having is ping issues. So here is the scenario i start off Blacklight retribution with around 40 ping in most servers. After a minute of playing it goes to 50 ping (ok no big deal. Then another minute 60 ping (ok ... what in the world is happening) Then a couple more mins its at (100) so on so fourth till i am at a completely unplayable ping. restart my computer and load up the game again and im back down to 40 ping for a min and the cycle repeats... I cannot find any info of people having similar problem to whats happening to me.
lan driver = Marvell yukon 88e8059 pci=e gigabit ethernet controller. (the one thats on my boards website under lan driver)

Any clue on what might be going on here? i mean the only thing i can say is it seems possible that when the load gets increased on my computer(playing the game long) the ping goes up as well. I have never had this problem in the past with any computer i have owned so i am really at loss. Oh and i did the regedit fixes for windows 7 the TCPnodelay and tcpfrequency thing and the cut out the stupid 50 -150 ping spikes that happened within seconds now its just the gradual ping increase until its unplayable. Please toss some ideas over here if you can i will greatly appreciate it.

(just tried a very none graphic intensive shooter quake live and im constantly getting around 30-33 after 10 mins)

kkn
11-23-2012, 10:12 AM
is it on the same servers or difrent servers you get those high pings? ( on difrent games )
are you running other programs in the backround that can be using traffic?
if possible tab out of the game and ctrl+alt+del and look at the memory used, or enny other program using cpu or roaming on the memory.

Avarious138
11-23-2012, 10:31 AM
is it on the same servers or difrent servers you get those high pings? ( on difrent games )
are you running other programs in the backround that can be using traffic?
if possible tab out of the game and ctrl+alt+del and look at the memory used, or enny other program using cpu or roaming on the memory.

After further testing I came to the conclusion that it is only BlackLight Retribution that has this issure. I put my computer in massive load and a minor load to test the actual ping to see if it had any affect on any other game and coming into blacklight and i saw no difference from the low load and major load. I also tried playing the a different game for extended period of time and i saw no ping fluctuation .(well minus it going from like 64 65 64 65 64 65 69 64 ) And i did a few more tweaks and now black light never goes past 70 ping but it is still strange that i start off around 40 and eventually end up around 70 constant.

Avarious138
11-25-2012, 01:08 AM
bump* still having issues with other games now. Gary mod is having the same problem . ping will slowly rise untill its un playable >< please someone help me.

Avarious138
11-25-2012, 08:49 PM
Someone give me some help please>< this ruins all my online games.

Avarious138
11-29-2012, 01:26 AM
just trying to get this seen. Any help on this strange problem?