PDA

View Full Version : G75VW Information

spartanx
11-25-2012, 07:23 AM
Hello everyone I wanted to ask some information because they are interested in purchasing this beautiful notebook Asus G75VW and I wanted to ask you some questions on this computer:
1) You can change the video card for future upgrades such as GTX670M to a gtx m higher end?
2) It is possible to expand it to have 16GB or 32GB max?
3) This model has the thunderbolt port?
4) You can also inseire the external video card for example PE4H adapter?
5) This notebook is suitable for both gaming & 3D graphics for example on these modeling software 3ds max maya etc ...?
I await your response thanks

Myk SilentShadow
11-25-2012, 07:38 AM
1. Nope, sorry you can't and if you can, it would be very expensive and tricky to do...plus void your warranty
2. Some people in the Forums here have gotten 32GB max memory, most go for 16GB as a maximum
3. no, the G75VX model has Thunderbolt - rumored to be due out near christmas I think it is.
4. Huh? I don't understand, sorry
5. Yes most definitely...if the model you purchase has 3D or 3DE in it's number/name.

rewben
11-25-2012, 07:54 AM
some additional answers:
2. yes, officially you can have 16gb max; unofficially it can support up to 32gb. having 32gb normally void your warranty, unless you already fill up 16gb in non-user serviceable area when you make your purchase.

4. if you are referring to this thread (http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?25616-Upgrade-Asus-W2JC-GPU), it sounded possible to connect to an external GPU, but i'm not sure on how it's set up.

spartanx
11-25-2012, 08:15 AM
ok thank you or another question so I advised not to do the replacement because they are not in this kind of band, but at least I can use the adapter PE4H

rewben
11-25-2012, 08:19 AM
i guess you will need to void the warranty in order to do that.

spartanx
11-25-2012, 08:31 AM
ok still one last thing to close this discussion, for example, if in the future I ordered this here http://www.waresphere.com/store/nvidia-geforce-gtx-675m-mxm-graphics-card-n13e-gs1-a1. html can not be mounted because it is big?

rewben
11-25-2012, 08:43 AM
you're correct. ASUS use custom sized module, so it's not really fit or compatible.

spartanx
11-25-2012, 09:11 AM
thank you for this particular information you were available, however, is a real shame that you can not change the video card with the MXM Standar if I had no problems in the future in case you wanted to update. Thank you for your willingness

rewben
11-25-2012, 09:54 AM
i'm fairly confident that ASUS laptops such as g-series could be made to have such options. it's a good machine by the way. however imo for things that allow customizations, certain levels of sacrifice will follow in such small form factors. customizations are good-to-have for those who wish for it (i wish for it too because i am willing to pay the price; but i'm not sure about others).

i think for now and perhaps two years down the road, my laptop will serve me well for what it can. i will definitely get upgrades in CPU, RAM, WIFI, and make use of my mSATA slot at some points of time, when i need them. yes, i lack the option for GPU upgrade; but i can always get another one that can do that if i really needed it badly (or, a desktop route makes more sense and is much more powerful yet cost effective imo).

spartanx
11-27-2012, 09:55 AM
I wanted to ask in this notebook is capable of running games in high resolution ie those heavy engine Unreal & Cryteck in high resolution and as well as Assassin's Creed 3 with all high performance

rewben
11-27-2012, 02:27 PM
@ spartanx, you can refer to the chart here (http://www.notebookcheck.net/NVIDIA-GeForce-GTX-670M.72197.0.html) that are about some of the latest games (i think). not sure about unreal and cryteck though.