PDA

View Full Version : Monitor Issue - help!!

Metalhorns77
11-26-2012, 07:46 AM
Hey All,

I'm having an intermittent issue with my monitor. 90% of the time it works fine. But then sometimes I get yellow tinted parts of my monitor (seems to happen when I physically move the laptop base from one place to another). Also - I get horizontal or vertical lines that block out the whole screen, then I have to power down, then power up and its fine until it happens again.

I checked all connections physically - nothing was loose coming off the MB. But when I move the monitor portion of the laptop it triggers the issue or makes it worse.

attached is a pic of the issue. When i do a screenshot during the horizontal or vertical lines - it shows the normal desktop so I dont think its a software issue. I'm pretty sure its a hardware issue but I dont know which piece of hardware it is.

The whole monitor need replaced? or is it something on the MB? i cant seem to tell because when I move the monitor it freaks out and when the whole unit is moved, it does it as well.

Help! I'd like to use my laptop and not worry about it freaking out and having to reboot it every time.

Here's the screenshot of what it looks like.

Thanks in advance - kind of at my wits end here.
-T

SUKARA@ASUS
11-26-2012, 08:37 AM
When you happen this problem,Could you please help to add another LCD monitor used the second monitor output?
But it's like notebook was bad or fail, i suggest you can sent the notebook to reapir and detail check...