PDA

View Full Version : Taichi 31

HELLCAT6203
11-26-2012, 06:45 PM
I was wondering if anyone knows when the Taichi 31 release date is for the USA. I was also wondering if anyone know how much it be.

Zygomorphic
11-27-2012, 02:26 AM
Taichi 31, there isn't going to be one. Here is the Amazon link:
http://www.amazon.com/Taichi-21-DH71-11-6-Inch-Convertible-Ultrabook/dp/B009F1II54

They haven't released the pricetag, so my guess is it is going to cost some $$$.

Pitcher@asus
11-27-2012, 03:47 AM
hi, Taichi 21 will release first, Taichi 31 maybe wait to next years.

HELLCAT6203
11-27-2012, 06:22 AM
Thanks for the answers, I Guess I wait for the Taichi 31 when it comes out (I heard that places may be taken preorders after the first shipment of Taichi 21's come out). I would rather have the bigger screen and the longer battery life for any one else that would like to know more about it here is the website, http://taichi.asus.com/#SpecDetailList. I do know they maken it because you can get them in Australia right now. Just got to wait till they bring them over here. Thanks to everyone that replied.

Zygomorphic
11-27-2012, 11:18 AM
@HELLCAT6203, good find! That's good to know as well. I for one would probably want the increase in battery life if I were looking for a new computer. Also, 1080p on a 12" display is pretty hard to read, I'll bet.

chrsplmr
11-27-2012, 12:43 PM
They are starting to pop up ...
14309 (http://www.excaliberpc.com/Products/Products.aspx?c=302&m=23&fake=asus&param=5286&gclid=CPCWoOGV77MCFYZM4AodG2oA8A)

Zygomorphic
11-28-2012, 02:31 AM
Nice, @chrsplmr! :) Those are going to be some sweet systems that no one else has ever made before! I hope they take off, because as a computer for students, it would be awesome! That touch-screen + real keyboard can't be beat for taking notes (for those students who aren't on facebook :D) and it is a full-fledged computer rather than a crippled tablet.

The only other computer that can match this is the ASUS transformerBook (think Transformer tablet as Intel laptop). :)

cl-scott
12-04-2012, 12:53 AM
I know it's kind of an old thread, but I'll just give the little teaser that Friday afternoon I got a chance to play with a Taichi unit for a few minutes. Don't remember which one it was, as it was maybe an hour before the end of the day and others in the CLM group needed a turn, but they're coming.

Zygomorphic
12-04-2012, 02:23 AM
I know it's kind of an old thread, but I'll just give the little teaser that Friday afternoon I got a chance to play with a Taichi unit for a few minutes. Don't remember which one it was, as it was maybe an hour before the end of the day and others in the CLM group needed a turn, but they're coming.

:drool: That is awesome...are they going to make their rounds of the admins around here?? :D

emurach
12-07-2012, 06:27 PM
Seem Asus is missing the simple facts in the USA. Year after year. Asus misses getting out the products before Christmas (25 December). I was looking to purchase a Taichi 31 for my mother as a christmas present. It now looks like Asus is late. So no present. Now I have to start shopping other vendors for a 13" netbook. Given the debacle on the G75VW missing 802.11ac, thunderbolt and the bad sound chip. And, now this Asus is really getting on my bad side. The companies going down slowly. And, quality been slipping alot too.

cl-scott
12-07-2012, 11:15 PM
Seem Asus is missing the simple facts in the USA. Year after year. Asus misses getting out the products before Christmas (25 December). I was looking to purchase a Taichi 31 for my mother as a christmas present. It now looks like Asus is late. So no present. Now I have to start shopping other vendors for a 13" netbook. Given the debacle on the G75VW missing 802.11ac, thunderbolt and the bad sound chip. And, now this Asus is really getting on my bad side. The companies going down slowly. And, quality been slipping alot too.

I don't have any special knowledge on this, but I would guess that was the plan initially, then some kind of issue cropped up and forced mgmt to make a choice between delaying the launch or having a significantly flawed product going to market. IMO, I would rather wait a little longer.

_
12-08-2012, 03:09 AM
The construction of the Taichi is extremely complex, and specific components are in very short supply so the time to market is more difficult than anticipated unfortunately. For a product never made before it's unfortunate but not unexpected sorry :(

The new G75VX which is out now has Thunderbolt, .ac option and sound drivers are far more mature.

cl-scott
12-10-2012, 06:06 PM
The construction of the Taichi is extremely complex, and specific components are in very short supply so the time to market is more difficult than anticipated unfortunately. For a product never made before it's unfortunate but not unexpected sorry :(

The new G75VX which is out now has Thunderbolt, .ac option and sound drivers are far more mature.

Who knew I actually absorbed so much info from those 8AM POM classes back in college?! :D Here I always thought I was barely managing to stay awake at such an ungodly early hour.

Anyway, to those looking to buy a Taichi I will say that based off the advance unit I got to play with for a few minutes, you'll probably consider it worth the wait.

Zygomorphic
12-11-2012, 02:30 AM

Just like software! :D I haven't worked on hardware, but I am sensitive to your troubles, and I can't fault you, considering that software never gets done early. lol

Shawnnepc
12-12-2012, 10:45 PM
Um..

Distro had a bunch in stock the other day but when I placed a order for some they ran out of stock.

I back ordered one and it should be here soonish

Zygomorphic
12-13-2012, 02:16 AM
Um..

Distro had a bunch in stock the other day but when I placed a order for some they ran out of stock.

I back ordered one and it should be here soonish

Sweet! :) Looking forward to hearing all about it...is that user title advertising??? tsk tsk :D :D :cool:

Naah...just kidding! ;)