PDA

View Full Version : Flip screen a bit, flickering in the white background. Will this hurt my eyes in..

joyfulPo
11-26-2012, 10:41 PM
Flip screen a bit, flickering in the white background. Will this hurt my eyes in the long run? :confused:
This screen is so wacked on G75VW.

Go below 90% brightness, you see these lines that just fall from top down below of the screen in waves.. waves.. and more waves..

100% brightness, flip screen a bit, you see flickering.

How do you fix this ****?

Pitcher@asus
11-27-2012, 01:53 AM
HI, Could you provide error photo for us? thanks.

joyfulPo
11-27-2012, 01:11 PM
HI, Could you provide error photo for us? thanks.

http://fc04.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2012/332/0/d/asus_g75vw_screen_error_by_sparrow17th-d5mfe6x.jpg
This photo is taken when screen brightness is below 100% on a ASUS G75VW.
The lines you see in this photo moves rapidly down the screen all the time :(

And this second photo here is when screen brightness is at 100%.
See the difference?
http://fc08.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2012/332/5/9/asus_g75vw_screen_error_by_sparrow17th-d5mfe2u.jpg

So at this moment when I feel 100% brightness is hurtful for my eyes.
I can't turn it down under 100% because then it will also be hurtful for my eyes to watch these lines rapidly move down my screen 24\7.

And at 100%, I could see 'flicker' or whatever you like to call it? On white backgrounds but on photo it didn't show so that would be perhaps it is the LED backlight flashing in the right corner.

rewben
11-27-2012, 02:19 PM
seriously flawed hardware :/ it's sad that you have to deal with this. i would suggest that you get it repaired via ASUS.

joyfulPo
11-27-2012, 02:34 PM
seriously flawed hardware :/ it's sad that you have to deal with this. i would suggest that you get it repaired via ASUS.
But seriously, it was like this on ALL of my ASUS G75VW that I had to replace because they had other issues as well just to get to this one that I have now, so tiresome and just end up being weeks\months without any laptop cus need to ship it off somewhere! :(

I just had the worst overall experience with ASUS products, to go thru 5 of them.. Unbelievable!

And it's not only this one, it's my girlfriends one as well that is also a G75VW I bought for her.

Hm. Perhaps I should buy from Dell next time, they do at least send someone over to change screen if it comes broken or other issues instead of me having to be the one paying, I need my laptop everyday!.. So, be without it for weeks to months, who knows how long.. Is not something I think nicely off after it has been this kinda experience, going from 1 to 5 laptops just to find one that was suppose to work but it's broken as well. What kind of quality is this.

rewben
11-27-2012, 02:55 PM
6 units? there is no point waiting, they will not heal themselves magically. please initiate the RMA request. it's best if you get someone here to help out as well.

joyfulPo
11-27-2012, 03:10 PM
6 units? there is no point waiting, they will not heal themselves magically. please initiate the RMA request. it's best if you get someone here to help out as well.
Of course not.

But as a customer wanting to buy a good gaming laptop before eSport event, just to go thru 5 x ASUS G75VW.
After that, I would NOT recommend anyone I know to buy any ASUS product.
As it seem like it has no quality control.

But what other option do I have, I was a fool to just believe it would be okey as people did say it was a NVIDIA driver issue and now my time is out and I can't regret the buy and get money back.

So stuck with 2 G75VW and one of them has same issues as mine plus dead pixel but my girlfriend didn't care for all this fuss when I had to replace them twice in the beginning.. But I kept trying to get one functional 100% standard product quality that is expected when you cash out so much money.

Yes, I'll have to RMA it. But THAT doesn't make any it more better, total experience of having this product has been ALL BAD. So that's my story, gonna see if I get to RMA this sometime.

And lesson learned, never buy a ASUS product ever again.

rewben
11-27-2012, 03:37 PM
to be frank, i think the seller was the one who should be responsible in your case. as front liners, they should inspect the merchants they sell before showing them to customers.

i'm not siding ASUS. all of us are consumers, in one way or another. none of us will be happy because we get a defective unit (it's not a lottery). you had 6 of them and owned two :/ i don't think ASUS is happy to hear about this either.

make use of the warranty. that's how manufacturers compensate and protect us consumers from such flaws.