PDA

View Full Version : G75VW Windows 8 Upgrade - Driver Issue - "Program is for Asus computers only!"

Vherion
11-27-2012, 01:02 AM
I've upgraded my G75VW formerly running Windows 7 to Windows 8 pro, as you might have guessed. However, various drivers/utilities such as Live Update and the Power4Gear Hybrid Utility just.. don't work.

When installing Live Update, the installer will say "Sorry, this program is for Asus computers only!", or something to that effect. Likewise for the Power4Gear utility, except after installing it says "This program can only be run on Asus computers". Again, something like that.

I'm absolutely clueless as to why Asus software and drivers is not recognizing my Asus computer as.. well, an Asus computer. Hoping someone out there can shed some light on this and reinstalling Windows 7 is not necessary.

Vechaljian
11-27-2012, 01:15 AM
did you goto the asus site, uninstall the different programs/drivers they suggest prior to installing the windows 8 upgrade, I went from 7 to 8 pro, and Had to do it twice, found on the second time (with the exception of "instant on") it went well. I had all kinds of problems the first time doing a flat out upgrade without seeing the asus site recommendations.
Btw its a lot of stuff.

rewben
11-27-2012, 01:21 AM
try install ATK package first.

Vherion
11-27-2012, 01:30 AM
try install ATK package first.

Cleared everything up. Cheers.

Pitcher@asus
11-27-2012, 01:59 AM
Please visit ASUS website to download driver for Win 8, i think it is impossible, if still can not, please bring to ASUS service center.