PDA

View Full Version : G74 LCD panel swap?

DVS
11-27-2012, 06:32 AM
Does anyone know what I'd be getting into if I wanted to swap the CMO1726 in my G74Sx-DH72 for the LGD02C5? If my research is correct that's the screen in the DH73-3DE. I realise I'd still need an emitter for the glasses, but is it just a panel swap or is there more to it?

Thanks!
Dave

SUKARA@ASUS
11-27-2012, 08:01 AM
Most concept is right..
But that is cause warranty rights will be lost...Please detail consider...
So,doesn't recommended to do this..

SUKARA@ASUS
11-27-2012, 08:11 AM
Reminded that...
That two kind of notebook have different motherboard layout and LCD cable....
So,doesn't recommended to do this very.....

Zygomorphic
11-27-2012, 11:26 AM
I'd highly advise against it. If you want 3D gaming, just use the HDMI 1.4 port on the laptop hooked up to an external monitor (With or without the IR emitter built in).

DVS
11-27-2012, 11:50 AM
Reminded that...
That two kind of notebook have different motherboard layout and LCD cable....
So,doesn't recommended to do this very.....

II was afraid there might be a difference in the cabling for the higher bandwidth required. Swapping a pin compatible panel is no big deal for me. If they're not compatible, or I have to modify the mother board, that's beyond my skill level. I was hoping, given the simularity in hardware that the DH72 didn't have a different motherboard from the DH73.

Were I to get a 3D external monitor, I really only want 1 monitor on my desk - can 3d be done through a KVM? I have a few systems in my home office I'd consolidate then.

Thanks!
Dave

Zygomorphic
11-28-2012, 02:39 AM
II was afraid there might be a difference in the cabling for the higher bandwidth required. Swapping a pin compatible panel is no big deal for me. If they're not compatible, or I have to modify the mother board, that's beyond my skill level. I was hoping, given the simularity in hardware that the DH72 didn't have a different motherboard from the DH73.

Were I to get a 3D external monitor, I really only want 1 monitor on my desk - can 3d be done through a KVM? I have a few systems in my home office I'd consolidate then.

Thanks!
Dave

Depends on your KVM. If VGA, then hypothetically yes, but it would look bad (analog VGA looks terrible compared to digital HDMI). I have run colored-glasses nVidia 3D via VGA from my G53SX (non-3d). If you have an HDMI 1.4 compliant KVM, then it should work. I don't know if there are any 3D capable KVMs, but most monitors have more than one input, so you could hook up one input (the HDMI) direct to the laptop, and the other (DVI/VGA) to the KVM.