PDA

View Full Version : G53SX's fan problem

lolsfan
11-27-2012, 09:52 AM
Hi, I had an Asus G53SX. My laptop is not overheating, but the right fan runs so loud. I've got it disassembled and the fans well clean. However, the right fan still working real loud. I've also reinstalled the OS.
Anyone got any idea how to fix it?
Please help me out. Many tks.

Zygomorphic
11-27-2012, 11:13 AM
@lolsfan, what are you doing? If you are gaming, the fans can come on real loud. The right-hand fan (the one under the numpad) covers the GPU, so if the GPU is working, that fan will be spinning pretty fast (and loud). Which nVidia drivers are you using? Try the latest from nVidia's website.

lolsfan
11-27-2012, 07:17 PM
@lolsfan, what are you doing? If you are gaming, the fans can come on real loud. The right-hand fan (the one under the numpad) covers the GPU, so if the GPU is working, that fan will be spinning pretty fast (and loud). Which nVidia drivers are you using? Try the latest from nVidia's website.
yes, @Zygomorphic, I play BF3, GW2, and League of Legends on this laptop. I used the latest nvidia's driver, and the right fan been running real loud. It even shakes the whole laptop abit. I've even experienced another exact same laptop ( from a friend of mine), that one doesnt have this crazy loud spinning fan.

lolsfan
11-27-2012, 07:23 PM
and also, even when i leave the laptop alone ( not running any apps), its right fan still runs loud.

cl-scott
11-27-2012, 07:53 PM
I wanted to wait for an answer to Zyg's question before I said anything. So if you're in the US lolsfan, I can set up an RMA for you where the labor is waived and you'd just be responsible for the fairly trivial cost of the replacement fan. If that's something you want to do, send me an email or PM, I'll get some particulars, and set it up.

lolsfan
11-27-2012, 09:26 PM
I wanted to wait for an answer to Zyg's question before I said anything. So if you're in the US lolsfan, I can set up an RMA for you where the labor is waived and you'd just be responsible for the fairly trivial cost of the replacement fan. If that's something you want to do, send me an email or PM, I'll get some particulars, and set it up.
Thank you scott, i'd like to send my Laptop to asus too. However, I actually switch the original right fan to the left one, then replace the original left fan to the right for testing if that was the fans fault. It appears that wasnt the fans fault, something was wrong on the right side of my laptop. you have any idea if it was the electrical wires fault or something?

cl-scott
11-27-2012, 10:06 PM
Thank you scott, i'd like to send my Laptop to asus too. However, I actually switch the original right fan to the left one, then replace the original left fan to the right for testing if that was the fans fault. It appears that wasnt the fans fault, something was wrong on the right side of my laptop. you have any idea if it was the electrical wires fault or something?

Hmmm... That sounds like a sensor failure if I had to hazard a guess. The upside is that it's something you should be able to safely ignore if you like, but the downside is that it would involve putting up with the loud fan pretty much indefinitely. The fix would likely involve either replacing the GPU or motherboard, so even with labor waived, it would be a much more expensive proposition. If you want to take a little time to think it over, that's no problem. There's no real deadline on the offer, but by Friday I'll probably just assume you've opted to live with it if I haven't heard anything one way or the other from you.

Zygomorphic
11-28-2012, 02:21 AM
yes, @Zygomorphic, I play BF3, GW2, and League of Legends on this laptop. I used the latest nvidia's driver, and the right fan been running real loud. It even shakes the whole laptop abit. I've even experienced another exact same laptop ( from a friend of mine), that one doesnt have this crazy loud spinning fan.

It sounds like you have a problem (how's that for stating the obvious :p). I own exactly that model laptop, and the fans are all but silent at idle, and when gaming (Quake 4), they aren't particularly loud.

Pitcher@asus
11-28-2012, 03:17 AM
HI, how is your NB now, send back to your hand form ASUS RC? if yes, is solve your fan problem and what is AUS RC said?