PDA

View Full Version : Windows can't configure hardware.

HappyChubbs
11-27-2012, 07:39 PM
Hey guys,

I just recently bought a G75VW laptop and after getting it decided to reformat it and set the two HDDs to RAID 0. I am installing WIndows 7 64-bit and once it gets to the last step it gives me an error saying Windows installation can not configure the hardware. Is there a solution to this or should I try reinstalling?

The only thing I did in BIOS was update it to 221 and set the Drives to RAID.

HappyChubbs
11-27-2012, 09:34 PM
I solved the issue.

I just needed to install the Intel RST drivers.

Pitcher@asus
11-28-2012, 02:01 AM
Yes, when you set the RAID, you must be install intel RST driver, if not Windows can not detect, why you want to make RAID 0 to your HDD?

madnj
11-28-2012, 05:29 AM
I can understand the argument for RAID 0 (faster READ/WRITE performance), but be very aware that running RAID 0 if you lose your array your data will be irretrievably lost. I personally am not willing to take that risk although I can understand why some do. With the already great performance of this system though, I personally don't see the need to improve I/O by the relatively small boost you'd get by running RAID 0. You'd be better served with an SSD and slower storage drive or 2 SSDs if you need I/O performance that much. RAID 0 with 2 SSDs just seems pointless to me though as they already operate so fast as to not make that much difference going to RAID 0.