PDA

View Full Version : Asus G60vx Laptop Built in Speaker/Sound Issues

Charlie_s
11-27-2012, 08:56 PM
Hi all, as stated above I have the G60v series laptop, running WIn 7. the issue I have is with the built in speakers, I've read about the earphone jack problem but I don't think this is the same. When, for instance I play music using the laptop speakers
I can only hear the sound on the two back speakers and its very low and poor quality, I do a test of the speakers however and you a can hear all the speakers and it sounds great, Ive even did the test speakers sound while playing music and it sounds fine, while the music playing is very poor and low. Boot Up sound is also fine, the earphone sound works well.

I've tried all the setting I can find for the speakers or sound but nothing has helped, also tried the DFX software, nothing.

This is a new laptop to me, and I'm wondering if I'm missing something..

ty.

desolator4u
11-27-2012, 10:01 PM
Running test from Playback Devices on the Speakers sounds normal but it doesn't when you play music? Huh? I assume you're using WinAmp since you tried DFX, but do you have the same prob elsewhere, like on a site streaming video?

Charlie_s
11-27-2012, 10:17 PM
Running test from Playback Devices on the Speakers sounds normal but it doesn't when you play music? Huh? I assume you're using WinAmp since you tried DFX, but do you have the same prob elsewhere, like on a site streaming video?

Hi, ty for responding, I've tried winamp and a few other programs, they all sound the same, streaming as well, im trying it now, it just sounds very mono and very low even with the sound all the way up.

desolator4u
11-27-2012, 10:25 PM
That's one unusual issue. Try selecting Speakers in Playback Devices, then Configure at the bottom left. Ensure Stereo is selected on the left then click next and uncheck everything the full-range speakers section. Go next and uncheck the surrond speakers, if that page shows up then click finish.

Charlie_s
11-27-2012, 10:45 PM
That's one unusual issue. Try selecting Speakers in Playback Devices, then Configure at the bottom left. Ensure Stereo is selected on the left then click next and uncheck everything the full-range speakers section. Go next and uncheck the surrond speakers, if that page shows up then click finish.

Hi, tried that again, no change, when I press the test speakers the ding ding ding sounds great:(

desolator4u
11-27-2012, 11:23 PM
How long have you had the prob? Maybe best to do a System Restore from Start > Programs > Accessories > System Tools > System Restore and select a date in the past before the prob started.
Or, reinstall the Audi Drivers from http://support.asus.com/download.aspx?SLanguage=en&p=3&m=G60VX&hashedid=8BN4bwL9v1h2OZIZ

Charlie_s
11-27-2012, 11:53 PM
How long have you had the prob? Maybe best to do a System Restore from Start > Programs > Accessories > System Tools > System Restore and select a date in the past before the prob started.
Or, reinstall the Audi Drivers from http://support.asus.com/download.aspx?SLanguage=en&p=3&m=G60VX&hashedid=8BN4bwL9v1h2OZIZ

Hi, Ive had this problem from the start, just never really tried to fix it since I use headphones most of the time
anyway, I downloaded the new drivers from the link, sadly still the same, one thing I noticed, when I log in the fire logo
has a sound, it sounds the same way with the fire logo, not very good, but as I said the test speakers sound great.

im stumped.

desolator4u
11-28-2012, 12:08 AM
Creative or Realtek? It should more than likely be Realtek that you're using. You can confirm in Device Manager. Maybe the Speakers are just bad but are able to play the test sound okay. How does the windows tone sound at the welcome screen? And on the boot screen, does it sound like an actual explosion?

Charlie_s
11-28-2012, 03:52 PM
Creative or Realtek? It should more than likely be Realtek that you're using. You can confirm in Device Manager. Maybe the Speakers are just bad but are able to play the test sound okay. How does the windows tone sound at the welcome screen? And on the boot screen, does it sound like an actual explosion?

Hi, it realteck,not sure why they have creative drivers there, maybe for some 3rd party support since the system has no creative parts. the boot explosion sounds like the music, low and mono.

I'm at a lose on this one.

dstrakele
11-28-2012, 03:58 PM
I recommend uninstalling the Creative software from "Control Panel - Uninstall a program", reboot, enter Realtek HD Audio Manager and adjust the graphic equalizer.

Charlie_s
11-28-2012, 04:34 PM
I recommend uninstalling the Creative software from "Control Panel - Uninstall a program", reboot, enter Realtek HD Audio Manager and adjust the graphic equalizer.

hi, ty, I don't have any creative software installed, they have it as a download for some reason, but this laptop has no
creative parts, ive read that they just list the software there for some non essential software addons.

desolator4u
11-28-2012, 05:15 PM
dstrakele brought up a good idea, the Realtek Audio Manager has presets that will mess with the sound. Ensure it's all disabled or on normal

Charlie_s
11-29-2012, 03:53 AM
dstrakele brought up a good idea, the Realtek Audio Manager has presets that will mess with the sound. Ensure it's all disabled or on normal

strange I see no realteck audio manager installed, and the realtek folder does not have anything.

desolator4u
12-20-2012, 06:18 AM
Dude, I really can't think of anything else. Were you able to figure it out?

_
12-20-2012, 07:15 AM
Moved to older G series forum.