PDA

View Full Version : asus gx1000 availability

pstlouis
11-28-2012, 05:47 PM
when the mouse will be available in store ?

myself22889
12-01-2012, 04:18 PM
I'm also looking to find out....

pstlouis
12-01-2012, 05:42 PM
I'm also looking to find out....

i will have some info from NCIX.

_
12-02-2012, 02:24 AM
During December. We were just waiting on final software, now it's being shipped :)

Update: Availability in the ASUS eShops will be week 50. MSRP is 109.99 Euro.

yixingchen
12-05-2012, 09:05 PM
Will this mouse be available for North America in Jan or will it be only for Europe like the Vulcan Pro?

Jackson
12-06-2012, 07:29 AM
I'm also wondering about availability in Australia..

Jackson
12-06-2012, 08:08 AM
Bump......

kb0sdq
12-08-2012, 05:37 PM
Getting ready to put away my deathadder this new mouse looks good.I hope it is not over priced.
Happy ROG_n

Doug

Jackson
12-08-2012, 05:45 PM
Getting ready to put away my deathadder this new mouse looks good.I hope it is not over priced.
Happy ROG_n

Doug

I also own a DeathAdder myself, might also be replacing it with this mouse! :)

Apexing
12-13-2012, 10:55 AM
meh the price is dissapointing, when in uk its 66 with shipping and in germany its 109 euro with shipping. thats about 20euro difference. Then you think, alright I live in a EU contry so I wont have to pay extra if I import from other EU country, well you cant you cant since it only ships to UK. And germany only ships to Germany. France dont even have it yet.
And Im from Denmark, meaning I wont be able to get it from the ASUS shop.
thats just silly.

Flame
12-17-2012, 10:39 PM
their should be a matching keyboard.... lol

injunchuck
12-21-2012, 02:25 AM
so when is it going to be release in the u.s.? been checking every day to see if it is for sale yet, and nothing yet.

DeXZoR
12-27-2012, 04:10 PM
Got my Asus ROG GX1000 Gaming Mouse today :D jippi

_
12-28-2012, 02:43 AM
so when is it going to be release in the u.s.? been checking every day to see if it is for sale yet, and nothing yet.

Hopefully in Jan! Late December is not really a productive time sorry :O

Cody_Irwin
12-28-2012, 10:25 AM
ok, These are just my two cents so PLEASE DON'T HATE ME ASUS!
It is nothing PERSONAL I am just saying a few thoughts on this mice as well as Other mice.
Do not take it personal, as I would love to hear a discussion.

I personally would not buy this mouse due to one sole reason sadly...

I don't know where companies are getting their Gaming mouse designs from these days, but the one design flaw in HIGH Uncomfort is the mouse palm rest area, It jabs into joints and are uncomfortable.

By this area i mean that they make it not round but triangular. this puts pressure into the bones.
I know because I used a mouse similar, as its a amazing mouse, this one design part prevents me from Long periods of gaming.

if you take a look at this picture you will see it has a triangular shape at the palm rest area at the very top of the picture.
http://rog.asus.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/12/GX1000-hands-on-7.jpg

Asus should have not went with this design, and should have gotten feedback regarding it.
they should have went with the classic Rounded palm rest.

I really can not game much on my mouse that is similar unless I make my hand cocked sideways because of that triangular palm rest area, I have heard many others complain too.

So please any insight on why you guys thought this was better please discuss I am curious to what is making alot of other companies do the same.

yixingchen
12-31-2012, 03:57 PM
ok, These are just my two cents so PLEASE DON'T HATE ME ASUS!
It is nothing PERSONAL I am just saying a few thoughts on this mice as well as Other mice.
Do not take it personal, as I would love to hear a discussion.

I personally would not buy this mouse due to one sole reason sadly...

I don't know where companies are getting their Gaming mouse designs from these days, but the one design flaw in HIGH Uncomfort is the mouse palm rest area, It jabs into joints and are uncomfortable.

By this area i mean that they make it not round but triangular. this puts pressure into the bones.
I know because I used a mouse similar, as its a amazing mouse, this one design part prevents me from Long periods of gaming.

if you take a look at this picture you will see it has a triangular shape at the palm rest area at the very top of the picture.
http://rog.asus.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/12/GX1000-hands-on-7.jpg

Asus should have not went with this design, and should have gotten feedback regarding it.
they should have went with the classic Rounded palm rest.

I really can not game much on my mouse that is similar unless I make my hand cocked sideways because of that triangular palm rest area, I have heard many others complain too.

So please any insight on why you guys thought this was better please discuss I am curious to what is making alot of other companies do the same.

Let me start by stating that I have not tried the new Asus mouse yet so what you say might be totally legit. I do however want to point out that there are 3 different ways to hold a gaming mouse depending on what type of game you play like RTS or FPS. Do you thinking it's possible that the mouse is not designed ergonomically based on your specific hand position? Here is link for some more info: http://www.razerzone.com/mouseguide/ergonomic/advantage.

Cody_Irwin
01-01-2013, 04:54 PM
Yixingchen, Id like to note you are correct "Sorta"
The fact the palm area has nothing to do with any other grip type besides palm grip is completely wrong though.
MOST people use palm grip especially for normal daily tasks, with any other grip style, your hand is not on the palm rest area anywhere near as much as the palm grip. Especially if you look at the link you sent me from Razer they clearly show the palm area not being used for any other grip then a slight touch of your skin.

Id tell you what my job is but then I would have to eliminate you atm. =P
I just simply know what I think and read about others regarding similar mouse design for palm area. Lets put it at that =P

Btw if I sound rude don't be mistaken just its how I sound if you never spoke with me before =)

Let me start by stating that I have not tried the new Asus mouse yet so what you say might be totally legit. I do however want to point out that there are 3 different ways to hold a gaming mouse depending on what type of game you play like RTS or FPS. Do you thinking it's possible that the mouse is not designed ergonomically based on your specific hand position? Here is link for some more info: http://www.razerzone.com/mouseguide/ergonomic/advantage.

yixingchen
01-02-2013, 10:34 PM
Yixingchen, Id like to note you are correct "Sorta"
The fact the palm area has nothing to do with any other grip type besides palm grip is completely wrong though.
MOST people use palm grip especially for normal daily tasks, with any other grip style, your hand is not on the palm rest area anywhere near as much as the palm grip. Especially if you look at the link you sent me from Razer they clearly show the palm area not being used for any other grip then a slight touch of your skin.

Id tell you what my job is but then I would have to eliminate you atm. =P
I just simply know what I think and read about others regarding similar mouse design for palm area. Lets put it at that =P

Btw if I sound rude don't be mistaken just its how I sound if you never spoke with me before =)

No offense taken. If you read my post I never called you out, only to make a possible suggestion. I currently use GX900 which is discontinued for whatever reason. Like having new shoes, at first I didn't like the feel, but now it's harder for me to switch to a mouse that's not that shape. GX900 has the round design like you said and it's very comfortable to me now. If what you say is true it's a shame because I was really looking forward to this new design.

srmojuze
01-24-2013, 08:46 AM
No offense taken. If you read my post I never called you out, only to make a possible suggestion. I currently use GX900 which is discontinued for whatever reason. Like having new shoes, at first I didn't like the feel, but now it's harder for me to switch to a mouse that's not that shape. GX900 has the round design like you said and it's very comfortable to me now. If what you say is true it's a shame because I was really looking forward to this new design.

A gaming mouse is a very personal thing. Even myself when I look at that Razer guide I have no idea how ~not~ to use palm grip because I am so used to it.

I think you should always give feedback, ROG has a very specific design style and target market that understandably may not cater to everyone.

Like myself, I actually want a wireless mouse, gaming or not, just my preference although many will say they need that hardcore responsiveness of wired, etc.

As for myself after using Mac trackpads my G55 trackpad is understandably nowhere close so to start off I got a "simple" Razer Taipan.

I don't do massive gaming sessions, maybe 2-3 hours max, maybe every night or so when games like Dead Space 3 come out.

Would love to try out the Eagle Eye in person and see whether it is suitable.