PDA

View Full Version : G74SX Windows 8 Bluetooth

snowman4839
12-02-2012, 12:47 AM
I just upgraded my G74SX from the Win7 it came with to Win8. I've gotten everything to work except the bluetooth. With whatever stock driver it came with, it would work fine with my bluetooth keyboard but for whatever reason it doesn't do anything with my phone. It will say that it paired, then it'll say my phone is offline (which it isn't), and my phone doesn't have any bluetooth profiles for things like wireless audio or sending files or whatnot. I've removed the drivers and tried to get the newest ones through windows update and have tried everything I could possibly imagine on google. What should I do because I really loved the wireless audio.

Also, I didn't remove anything from the win7 installation before I upgraded but I did do a "clean" install so all the old files are in windows.old.

EDIT: And it only shows up as "Bluetooth Module" in device manager, not AR3011 or whatever it actually is. I haven't found any win8 drivers that work.

dstrakele
12-02-2012, 01:58 AM
If I were in your situation, I'd try installing the Atheros Bluetooth driver from Windows Safe Mode, either by running SETUP.EXE from the installation file set or installing through Device Manager. If that failed, I'd search for a new Atheros Bluetooth driver.

snowman4839
12-02-2012, 02:17 AM
That's the thing. I've been searching for drivers all day. I've tried install ar9002xxxxx whatever and I've tried the ar3011 but either nothing works or it's windows 7 and it won't let me install it because it just says "this program has compatibility issues" and it stops the installation.

dstrakele
12-02-2012, 02:32 AM
Did you try installing the Atheros Bluetooth driver from Device Manager, choosing to find the file on the computer and then pointing it to the folder containing the installation file set?

snowman4839
12-02-2012, 06:27 PM
Yes I did. It none of the drivers I found worked.

Windows 8 isn't worth the compatibility hassle. I just reinstalled 7

lord_prentice
12-03-2012, 01:32 PM
too bad...somehow Win 8 did it itself on my system...
But have you gotten the Pointing device to work? Or rather the Fn+F9 On/Off Function? It's the only thing that won't run properly and ich hate those tracking pads...

Fennix
12-07-2012, 06:22 PM
Hi, im new here, and sorry for my english, I have installed Win 8 in my G74SX and without install the drivers the bluetooth function,
so do not install the bluetooth driver

Pitcher@asus
12-13-2012, 02:43 AM
Fennix, ASUS have not provide G74SX driver for WIn8, so when you update to WIn8, you must be find all driver by yourself form vander, if you don't care bluetooth function, you don't need install.

Fennix
12-23-2012, 08:27 AM
Mik_Lu@ASUS, Ive maked a clen install of Windows 8 pro after formatting de C: hard disk , then the bluetooth was working fine without installing any other driver for it.

goprofishs
12-23-2012, 02:14 PM
me too,Yt none of the drivers I found worked.Windows 8 isn't worth the compatibility hassle. I just reinstalled 7.http://www.4948.info/xinjiechi/images/yeahok