PDA

View Full Version : Battery charger chord toggles when moving on g73sw-A1, help?

Python49
12-04-2012, 11:15 PM
I believe this common is possibly common since it's happened to me before and I had to send the laptop back to ASUS to get it fixed. I was wondering (hoping, rather) if this problem was something that was easy to resolve on your own to save me from weeks of having to send back to ASUS I could just order the piece I need and fix myself? I know how to do things in a desktop but have never opened a laptop and installed/replaced anything so just wondering if it's something I could try to fix on my own?

The problem is that where the power plugs into the laptop, sometimes the charge is activated or deactivated simply based on the position of the chord. I've had this problem before and want to address it now before it gets worse to where it stops charging completely. Anyone?

Pitcher@asus
12-05-2012, 02:24 AM
why is your chord toggles damage? it is part of umit, i thinks if happen again still send to ASUS.

silentkiller01
12-05-2012, 05:01 AM
its best if you send it to asus. they'll do a better job anyway, but if you do need to do it your self there are dis-assembly guides for g73 series just google asus g73 dis-assembly guide. problem is there are tiny wires that need to be pulled out carefully. or they will break and you'll be pissed even more than having to wait for a week.

SUKARA@ASUS
12-05-2012, 06:53 AM
I suggest you can plan to asus detail check and repair

asus service center information reference to you:
http://support.asus.com/Hotlines.aspx?SLanguage=en