PDA

View Full Version : I bought laptop ASUS G75V with free DOS ..I am a beginner and have quations !! HELP

RZaK
12-05-2012, 02:02 PM
Good day people, just want to apologize for my English, im from Russia !
I have some questions about my laptop and i hope you LTAC Ankara...
Configuration: CPU i7 3630qm 2.4 GHz, 16 GB RAM, 256 SSD, 756 HDD, nVidia GTX 670M 3GB

№ 1: I have a CD with drivers and after installation i downloaded the program "Driver Genius" and it showed that I need to update many drivers (aproximative 11 drivers need update ) Whether to trust this program and update drivers ??? or exist another program or solution ???

№ 2: all my physical memory is cashed, How to fix it or this is normal ???

№ 3: When i restart laptop with connect my external hard drive ASUS USB 3.0 my boot windows logo animation freezes,how to fix this ??
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QKp9VLy9L5A

№ 4: , which put the amount of virtual memory (pagefile) ???
№ 5 : which programs should be set carefully,remind i have free dos ???

Thank you very much for reading and please help a newbie, I'll be very grateful!

RZaK
12-05-2012, 02:20 PM
Help me plz !!! Gays !!!

RZaK
12-05-2012, 02:31 PM
I need Help people !!!

rewben
12-05-2012, 02:35 PM
please calm down :)

i am trying to read and understand what's on your opening post.

edit:

№ 1: if you needed the latest drivers, you can get them from ASUS's website. please tell me your model number (g75vw/x-yyyy), so that i can point you to the right place.
№ 2: that is normal. you have plenty of RAM.
№ 3: i don't understand this one; if you cannot boot into the windows, how could you capture all these nice screenshots?
№ 4: er.. do you mean where do you set or manage your pagefile?
№ 5 : since you had a free DOS as stock OS, i assume you have installed windows fresh, yes? so you question is what programs or apps that are required for your fresh windows?

RZaK
12-05-2012, 02:40 PM
Help me plz !!! Gays !!!

Thank you very motch !!! I look forward to as you need

rewben
12-05-2012, 02:56 PM
so.. can you please answer my questions first? (see above)

RZaK
12-05-2012, 04:09 PM
g75v - t14ood or t1400d

RZaK
12-05-2012, 04:18 PM

edit:

№ 1: if you needed the latest drivers, you can get them from ASUS's website. please tell me your model number (g75vw/x-yyyy), so that i can point you to the right place.
№ 2: that is normal. you have plenty of RAM.
№ 3: i don't understand this one; if you cannot boot into the windows, how could you capture all these nice screenshots?
№ 4: er.. do you mean where do you set or manage your pagefile?
№ 5 : since you had a free DOS as stock OS, i assume you have installed windows fresh, yes? so you question is what programs or apps that are required for your fresh windows?

No:3 look video....i can boot, but animation boot has laggs
No4 : i want to know,how in the optimal size of pagefile,becouse my standart size is 16GB but i read at the web pages it's so large...or no ???
No5: yas...Windows is fresh...i whant to know,what programs i need interesting to install....
Example:(Everest,CCleaner,Driver Updater...etc...)

cheek
12-05-2012, 04:26 PM
heterosexual.
so i shall not render any form of assistance.

rewben
12-05-2012, 04:36 PM
for drivers: you should be able to obtain the latest drivers here (http://support.asus.com/download.aspx?SLanguage=en&p=3&m=G75VW). select your current OS version and then proceed.

you should get at least the following:
1. Chipset - Intel INF Update Driver
2. Intel Rapid Storage Technology driver
3. Intel Management Engine Interface
4. USB - Intel USB3.0 Driver
5. VGA - nVidia Graphics Driver; you can get the latest from geforce.com (choose the notebook version, not those for the desktop)
6. Audio - Via Audio Driver
7. LAN - Atheros LAN Driver
8. Wireless - Atheros or Intel WiFi Wireless LAN Driver, depending on what you have
9. Card Reader - Alcor Multi-Card Reader Driver
10. TouchPad - Synaptics Touchpad driver
11. BlueTooth - Atheros or Intel BlueTooth driver, depending on what you have
12. ATK ACPI driver and hotkey-related utilities - for fn keys to work; install this so that you can install other ASUS utilities listed below

some useful utilities are the following:
13. ASUS Virtual Camera Utility
14. Keyboard Device Filter Utility
15. Gaming Mouse Driver - if you have a ROG gaming mouse that comes with the bundle
16. ASUS Wireless Switch (Wireless Console3) Utility
17. ASUS USB Charger Plus
18. Power4Gear Hybrid Utility

rewben
12-05-2012, 04:50 PM
No:3 look video....i can boot, but animation boot has laggs
No4 : i want to know,how in the optimal size of pagefile,becouse my standart size is 16GB but i read at the web pages it's so large...or no ???
No5: yas...Windows is fresh...i whant to know,what programs i need interesting to install....
Example:(Everest,CCleaner,Driver Updater...etc...)

No:3 check that out if it still happened after you have installed the proper drivers from the list above.
No4 : well yes you can gain some space from there; but i'm not sure how much you should set. i have 24gb or RAM, and i set it to no pagefile. to me everything is fine.

to manage the pagefile, press windows key + pause/break key (or, goto control panel > system) then advanced system settings > advanced > performance settings > advanced tab > virtual memory > change.

No5: hm.. the first thing is to get all the drivers and useful utilities installed; the rest is up to you :)

Pandur
12-05-2012, 08:28 PM
2: This is normal behaviour for Windows 7.
4: You should be able to run without a pagefile 99.5% of the time. But for maximum compatibility I suggest you make a min size 16MB and max size 2GB pagefile. That way you'll only have a minimal pagefile on your drive unless you run into one of the stupid pieces of software that refuse to run without a pagefile. Dawn of War 2 requires a pagefile of >1.5GB to run as an example. I suggest 2GB max because I've never run into software that requires more to run.

rewben
12-06-2012, 02:11 AM
thanks, Pandur! now i get the idea on how to set up the pagefile.

i turned the pagefile off because i followed this SSD optimization guide here (http://thessdreview.com/ssd-guides/optimization-guides/the-ssd-optimization-guide-2/). if you followed the whole thing but with pagefile turned on, it will cause constant BSOD's during boot (that's the only BSOD that i had ever seen for my g55; and it's a few months ago). it's my silly mistake because i did not pay much attention to the guide initially.

if you want pagefile to work, just skip whatever that are related to pagefiles in that article.

Zygomorphic
12-06-2012, 02:50 AM
heterosexual.

@cheek, this is a good point. @RZaK, you posted the crude requests for help only 20 minutes after creating the thread. Please be patient. Bump the thread by adding a reply if no one answers for 12-24 hours. Please comments family friendly. Thanks! :)

rewben
12-06-2012, 04:14 AM
oh.. i thought it's a typo :/

i think he's desperate after hitting walls so hard, trying to get things to work. yes, we will help when we can. just be patient, and spend some time to browse the forum. you might find something you want there.

finalhour
12-06-2012, 04:21 PM
Help me plz !!! Gays !!!

Hey now...making statements like that isn't gonna help your cause

RZaK
12-07-2012, 10:12 AM
oh my god !! soryyy !!!! i'm transltet with google translate.....i whant to write GUYS.......xDDDD Sory for my English !! i'm from RUSSIAN !! I'm normal )) not gay ))

rewben
12-07-2012, 10:20 AM
LOL!

have you done everything highlighted above?

Zygomorphic
12-07-2012, 11:12 AM
oh my god !! soryyy !!!! i'm transltet with google translate.....i whant to write GUYS.......xDDDD Sory for my English !! i'm from RUSSIAN !! I'm normal )) not gay ))

OK, no worries! :) We understand that there are non-native English speakers around here.

pcorreiamd
12-07-2012, 11:56 AM
heterosexual.

I saw that one coming a mile away.. still laughing though :D. Be calm RZak peolple are ver nice here you just need patience because sometimes people are on a different time zone. Good Luck with your problem ;)

finalhour
12-07-2012, 08:41 PM

LOL your post called the forum members gays not yourself... and no one would refuse you help due to your orientation, I'd wager, we don't care about that stuff here, Not to echo everyone else but have you tried their advice?

Zygomorphic
12-08-2012, 01:33 AM
I saw that one coming a mile away.. still laughing though :D. Be calm RZak peolple are ver nice here you just need patience because sometimes people are on a different time zone. Good Luck with your problem ;)

Bingo. Now let us all get back to his computer problems. @RZak, please re-post so we can take a look at it.

RZaK
12-10-2012, 11:29 PM
My windows boot animation,is like on http://youtu.be/QKp9VLy9L5A this video !!
What the f... ???

rewben
12-11-2012, 05:57 AM
@RZaK, is your windows running fine, apart from that booting freeze? do you feel anything slow or something?

if you're not having issues when you use your machine, except for the 'eye sore' during boot time, i suggest you to just switch to noguiboot, to get rid of that :D