PDA

View Full Version : Buying advice G75 3D panel vs standard panel image quality

Edgar
12-09-2012, 08:06 AM
Hi everyone,

Looking to buy an Asus G75, but I'm not sure which version to get. The main thing I'm weighing is the 3D vs non-3D panels and whether the 3D panel is worth the extra cost. 3D capability is not what I care about, but just the image quality of the 2 panels.

One more thing about the panels--I'm wondering if there are different panels used in the different non-3D versions.
Does anyone know?

Also, I see the G75-DH73-3D has a Blu-ray burner, can anyone confirm the burning capability?

Would love to read your opinions and impressions about the different models.

Thank you!

ForCeV
12-09-2012, 03:53 PM
I don't know because I don't use non-3D versions panel. What I can tell you is that I was asked to seller what the same question like you. And of course they said, 3D panel is the better quality of it. I knew it because it is not only good quality but also expensive. Therefore, They try to sell me the expensive one for getting benefit.. So I can't decide which is the better quality panel...... The way you can get an answer is that ask about panel model name either 3d-version panel and non 3d version panel.

And compare it at notebookcheck.com site. There may show you monitor calibration and quality...

But, I can't guess really which is better.....

Pitcher@asus
12-10-2012, 01:53 AM
HI, i think you muste be understand what do you need, if you can go to store to visit really machine, it would be more clean what do you want.

Edgar
12-10-2012, 02:20 AM
Thanks, I'll check out that site and try to find more info.
ForCeV, have you noticed anything strange about the 120hz display (I've read instances where people felt queasy viewing movies on 120hz TVs, so I was wondering if it's been a mixed bag for you.)

I enjoy games but will usually play for about 45 minutes at a time as I get motion sickness easily, but some games and platforms are worse for me. For example, I will want to barf after playing Half-Life2 for 20 minutes, but I could play Half-Life (1) for a couple hours without a problem.

I guess I will need to try out the different configs before deciding.

Thank you so much for your reply.
-E

Edgar
12-10-2012, 02:22 AM
Good point, Mike. Finding a store that carries more than one version might be a problem, but I think the Fry's close to where I live has the 3D version, and I suppose I could check out BestBuy to see what they have. Thanks.
-E

TSC-Ops
12-10-2012, 02:30 AM
my 2d screen looks great

Edgar
12-10-2012, 03:01 AM
Good point, Mike. Finding a store that carries more than one version might be a problem, but I think the Fry's close to where I live has the 3D version, and I suppose I could check out BestBuy to see what they have. Thanks.
-E

ForCeV
12-10-2012, 03:06 AM
I have one minor problem. It is annoying sometimes... The thing is you will see turning on 3d light on your top screen when you play a game. At this time, you get flickered screen 2~3 times to comeback to background when you quit a game. Then 3d light on your top screen has to turn it off. but it still left yellow light sometimes.... Nothing strange except this problem for me.

Enterfrize
12-10-2012, 06:21 AM
3D is better. I never saw the 2D screen, mind you. However, the 3D screen requires a 120Hz refresh rate capability which some 2D gamers like for smoothness purposes. Is the 2D version "3D Ready" for you to add glasses later? If not, that will confirm that true 120Hz capability is only with the 3D version.

Besides...3D dude! With the right titles, this computer rocks in 3D. I wish the display had direct DDD support because their compatibility is richer in many instances, but 3D Vision does a decent job. Batman Arkham City, Portal 2, Left4Dead(2), etc. are great with Nvidia's software. Lots of fun!

Regards,
Enterfrize