PDA

View Full Version : ATK Package Windows8

Quasimodem
12-10-2012, 03:09 PM
Could a Windows 8 user test the functions keys and see if the action is being displayed on screen?

With mine, all Fn keys work, except I don't see the grey box onscreen informing me of what I've done. Same with the 3d button.

I'm using the Win8 ATK Drivers ATKPackage_Win8_64_Z100023

Tried uninstalling, and reinstalling

Will also try the 7 drivers.

rewben
12-10-2012, 03:22 PM
the fn keys are working but there is no grey box indicators like what we saw in w7.

Quasimodem
12-10-2012, 03:24 PM
the fn keys are working but there is no grey box indicators like what we saw in w7.

Asus fail? I have no clue is 3D turned on or not... Also I can't find anything 3D related in my start menu... Latest nVidia Drivers...

l4nd3r4
12-10-2012, 03:46 PM
Actually, i dont know how it was on Win7, since i installed a fresh Win8 when i bought my G75VW-DS71, but it displays some boxes with info when I:

* Enable/Disable WiFi ( i think its a wifi custom app, from the Win8 downloads page);
* Change Brightness;
* Change Volume/Disable Speakers;

The rest of things i didnt test or they dont show anything at all ( keyboard lights are one that doesnt show a thing, but hey, you can just watch the keyboard lights instead... )

Quasimodem
12-10-2012, 03:48 PM
Actually, i dont know how it was on Win7, since i installed a fresh Win8 when i bought my G75VW-DS71, but it displays some boxes with info when I:

* Enable/Disable WiFi ( i think its a wifi custom app, from the Win8 downloads page);
* Change Brightness;
* Change Volume/Disable Speakers;

The rest of things i didnt test or they dont show anything at all ( keyboard lights are one that doesnt show a thing, but hey, you can just watch the keyboard lights instead... )

Yea I noticed the volume and brightness displayed it, and I don't care if nothing is displayed as long they work, but the 3d button... I have no clue is 3d enabled or not...

rewben
12-10-2012, 03:56 PM
Yea I noticed the volume and brightness displayed it, and I don't care if nothing is displayed as long they work, but the 3d button... I have no clue is 3d enabled or not...

lol! yeah same here.

Quasimodem
12-10-2012, 03:57 PM
lol! yeah same here.

Hey check your PM rewben

Quasimodem
12-10-2012, 04:28 PM
OK, so I downgraded to the 7 drivers.... all FN keys work, but it's the EXACT opposite from the 8 ATK package.... What wasn't showing with the 8 drivers is now showing, and when 8 drivers are installed, what shows with 7 drivers ISN'T....

The 3D button seems to not function yet it reports it does... It says On, or Off, but a look in Screen Resolution settings, the Enable Steroscopic 3D never gets checked....

ASUS FAIL!!!

Quasimodem
12-10-2012, 04:56 PM
After uninstalling the 7 drivers, rebooting, installing 8 drivers, and rebooting, they all function, but not ONE of them displays ANYTHING....

HUGE ASUS FAIL INDEED!!!!