PDA

View Full Version : G73JH Ethernet will not connect

ManDown
12-11-2012, 01:57 AM
I can connect through wireless adapter although the bandwidth seems to dropping out from time to time. Can not even think about gaming.

The Ethernet LAN adapter is telling me my network cable is unplugged or broken. I removed and reinstalled all network drivers a number of times. I have also done a clean install of windows 7 Home Pre 64bit. The cable is known good.

I am trying to figure out if it is the nic or router SBG6580

LAN Adapter
Atheros AR8131 PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet Controller (NDIS 6.20)
Intel(R) Centrino(R) WiMAX 6250

Wireless Adapter
Intel(R) Centrino(R) Advanced-N 6250 AGN
Microsoft Virtual WiFi Miniport Adapter

Pitcher@asus
12-11-2012, 02:22 AM
hi, if you change other environment is it able to use? what is your OS version? could you visit ASUS support site to download driver?
is it using before?

Myk SilentShadow
12-11-2012, 02:28 AM
Have you tried using different ports on your router?

dstrakele
12-11-2012, 02:55 AM
Test with a friend's laptop connected to your SBG6580 or your laptop on a different modem to isolate the problem.

ManDown
12-16-2012, 08:55 PM
hi, if you change other environment is it able to use? what is your OS version? could you visit ASUS support site to download driver?
is it using before?

Thanks for the reply. It did work at one time. However, when I go from Wireless to Eathernet LAN I get the error above. The LAN & wireless (if the above is correct) driver have been removed and installed many times. Windows 7 Home 64bit.

ManDown
12-16-2012, 09:06 PM
Have you tried using different ports on your router?

No I have not. Are we talking about computer or router port? I am unsure of which to change or how.

ManDown
12-16-2012, 09:08 PM
Test with a friend's laptop connected to your SBG6580 or your laptop on a different modem to isolate the problem.

Thanks for the input good plan will do.

ManDown
12-16-2012, 09:09 PM

Thanks for the input good plan will do.

ManDown
12-20-2012, 10:34 PM
Sorry no joy in mudville. Checked it out with another laptop and got the same error. It will set up a wireless but not a LAN connection. At least I can get loged on now.

What is this port thing above about? Are we talking about forwarding? Once I did a factery reset on the router all ports are set to default right? Can someone poit me to a site that lists ports that should be open? I have wireless cable gateway 4 port router Motorola SBG6580 if that makes any difference.

I tryed to do a UEFI restore. I booted in BIOS set it to default and enabled both UEIF options. Did the F9 at startup the EFI boot option was not displayed. The partition is 19GB with 10GB free . Do I have to remove the system attribute from the restore partition?

Tanks...RUN!!!