PDA

View Full Version : Bluetooth NOT working? (G73SW)

kamelot
06-12-2011, 08:59 AM
Hello,
I have G73SW since friday. I made a clean Win7 install after I got the notebook, everything is working great... except bluetooth.

I cannot send/receive files from other laptops/phones. I cannot connect my BT mouse, which I was using on my previous notebook HP Pavilion and it worked very well. When I select pairing without code, asus adds mouse into BT devices and installs driver for it, but then it dissapears from devices.

But it's really strange: I can see my asus from other devices and also asus can detect other BT devices, but communicaion doesn't start at all. I was trying default Win7 generic BT drivers and then Azureware from asus driver's download page. In both cases without any success.

Anyone have same/similar problems? Or it's hardware fault of my notebook?

FlyingFalcon
06-12-2011, 10:14 AM
I think I have a similar problem with my G53JW. Not sure though. I have to try once or twice before my phone gets connected to my laptop. Dunno if it's a hardware/software or my problem.

dabox
07-03-2011, 05:13 AM
Anyone can help??
im also having problem with bt but i cant run the software at all.
keep getting this"no Bluetooth device was detected.Please make sure that your Bt device is plugged in properly in order to continue installation"?

Chastity@ASUS
07-03-2011, 07:21 PM
You can try the software from your Driver disk to ensure everything is working properly.

FlyingFalcon
07-04-2011, 07:34 AM
for me to receive bluetooth files, i have to first click on the bluetooth icon in the task bar and select receive a file and then send the stuff from my phone. I dint know that. On the other laptops i have, i just have to make sure the bluetooth adapter is on and then just send the stuff.

dabox
07-04-2011, 02:30 PM
i wish i have the icon in the taskbar. Chastity i tried using the driver disk but no luck,got the same message.

FlyingFalcon
07-05-2011, 07:29 AM
if you can see your bluetooth adapter in your device manager, it is there in your computer. Install the drivers from your cd and it should work. It had happened to me too.

dabox
07-05-2011, 03:18 PM
as a matter of fact i can not see it in my device manager. i tried everything,i managed to install something from driver cd,but the thing only appears as "WIDCOMM bluetooth software" in my control panel/program and features list. Completely useless from there.I can also find it in start menu as "bluetooth" but cant open it :S
What ive noticed in device manager some unknown usb device,which has something with bluetooth. Isnt bt considered and placed under network adapter list in device man??
Thanks for help guys!

Chastity@ASUS
07-05-2011, 10:23 PM
If the BT drivers from Asus' d/l pages aren't working, then some OS update scrambled the damn BT install. (Happened to one chap on NBR, and he wound up having to restore back to his pre-SP1 state to get it functional again)

I'd like to state here that I NEVER use Windows Update to install Service Packs. I always get the Redist package and install from that, and never seen issues like this on my systems.

dabox
07-06-2011, 07:43 AM
Thats right! After doing all updates system kind a slowed down a little. This is the lesson for me,upgrade to SP1 and turn the updates off.
Too bad i`ve never tested the bluetooth before i wiped the system. Now i really dont feel like doing all over again.
One more question,what do you think about the g73sw sound system .i dont hear subwofer at all and sound is very poor. Im using the last Realtek drivers.
Thanks!

Josea
07-06-2011, 04:28 PM
What ive noticed in device manager some unknown usb device,which has something with bluetooth. Isnt bt considered and placed under network adapter list in device man??
Thanks for help guys!
Correct, once the driver is installed it will show in Network adapters. If you open device manager, and go to unknown device,right click it - properties - driver - update -can U find a driver on your computer ?

Josea
07-06-2011, 04:45 PM
Thats right! After doing all updates system kind a slowed down a little. This is the lesson for me,upgrade to SP1 and turn the updates off.
Too bad i`ve never tested the bluetooth before i wiped the system. Now i really dont feel like doing all over again.
One more question,what do you think about the g73sw sound system .i dont hear subwofer at all and sound is very poor. Im using the last Realtek drivers.
Thanks!

If you have already tried version 2.62, I would reinstall it again, I have heard of similar issues being resolved this way. If this does not work try removing 2.62. and install the original version from the INstallation Disk - http://www.asusrog.com/forums/showthread.php?1150-G73-Series-Driver-and-Application-Reference
NOTE this is a .rar file and you will need 3rd party software to extract it into windows 7.

Chastity@ASUS
07-06-2011, 10:42 PM
If you check the Playback Devices, and you only have 1 "Speakers" entry, they you are properly set up. If you want to boost the bass you can use Realtek's Graphical EQ for that (You will need to hit the EQ Display button next to the Reset button). Adjust to your tastes. Or, use a preset.

mcfl
07-18-2011, 09:22 PM
I have a G73SW-A1 and my bluetooth device just stopped working, so I tried reinstalling the drivers and I got a message saying it couldn't find a Bluetooth device. Sure enough, I no longer have one in my Devices list.

Any ideas?

mbenedik
07-30-2011, 09:02 AM
I am having a similar issue with my bluetooth mouse... After a few hours of use, the laptop stops recognizing the mouse all together. The only way I found to fix it is by restarting the computer or turning the mouse off for 10 minutes then back on. I thought it was an issue with the mouse, but after reading this thread it seems to be a problem with the adapter in the laptop.

Chastity@ASUS
07-30-2011, 11:51 PM
On my driver page, there's a hotfix for USB post SP1. Install that. Maybe there's a conflict happening.

mcfl
08-02-2011, 02:20 PM
Chastity, that hotfix was already installed on my system. I guess I'll have to try ASUS tech support, because I still can't see or use the internal Bluetooth anymore. I can use an external USB bluetooth adapter that I had for my previous laptop, though...