PDA

View Full Version : Competition: Design your own GX1000 Style

_
12-12-2012, 10:02 AM
I know we have a fair few photoshoppers and designers on here, so get the chance to win your own GX1000 with our latest competition:

Step 1: Download the template
Step 2: Design some funky style: Photoshop, paint, print it out and let your 3 year old go mad with a Crayola on it: whatever!
Step 3: Upload it to the site and go get a coffee.
Step 4: On 14th Jan voting opens (giving everyone a fair chance) and the community votes for the best entry!
Step 5: Top 5 entries win a new GX1000!

Enter here: http://rog.asus.com/event/gx1000/

Myk SilentShadow
12-12-2012, 12:05 PM
1 question

1) is this open to Members in all countries, or just limited to the US?

najirion
12-12-2012, 05:11 PM
3. Employees of ASUS and its affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising representatives and agencies involved in the Campaign, and the immediate families of any ofthe foregoing persons or entities, are NOT ELIGIBLE to participate this Campaign.

4. In order to become Eligible Entrants, you shall grant access to the log in the ASUS ROG site already finished registration, step by step complete the task requested during the Competition Period, including the following:

13. Eligible Entrant shall be at least 18 years old and considered an adult by the laws of the country where he or she resides in, and shall warrant that the work is free from any violation of any third party's right, including but not limited to intellectual property right.

I think this is open to everybody as long as you log in using ASUS ROG account info. :)

_
12-13-2012, 02:12 AM
1 question

1) is this open to Members in all countries, or just limited to the US?

All countries :) If a competition is localized we'll clearly state it.

Myk SilentShadow
12-13-2012, 03:53 AM
All countries :) If a competition is localized we'll clearly state it.

Cheers mate, I just had to double check. I looked through the T&C's but didn't see it, even missed the part posted by najirion(thanks :) ). Best to make sure first if unsure lol

najirion
12-13-2012, 11:06 AM
Cheers mate, I just had to double check. I looked through the T&C's but didn't see it, even missed the part posted by najirion(thanks :) ). Best to make sure first if unsure lol

:D
let's start photoshopin' ! hehe

rhozac
12-14-2012, 12:33 AM
upload doesnt seem to work

_
12-14-2012, 01:06 AM
upload doesnt seem to work

Did you login OK first?

rhozac
12-14-2012, 01:07 AM
Yeah, well it doesnt really say im logged in anywhere but i tried logging out and having the thingy tell me im log out and opens the login dialogue, i login, still wont upload :/

i tired explorer and chrome from a windows box aswell, same problem.

_
12-14-2012, 02:36 AM
What did you save the picture as? What program did you use? Does it give an error or is the thumbnail just not generated?

I just tried Photoshop save for web and paint and both worked saving a jpg.

On the 4th tab at the top it says log in/log out.

rhozac
12-14-2012, 02:41 AM
i used gimp to export it to jpg, yeah i see the logout thingy there. the image is generated when i select it. but hitting submit just breefly connects and then stops. ill check my export options. Does not seem to be any jpeg web export, cant find anything about it either, is it a special jpeg format?. No error reported. Thumbnail is generated. Sounds like im having the issue tho, im curious tho it kind of feels like it could be a access issue?, has any other normal user uploaded yet?.

_
12-14-2012, 03:06 AM
Can you PM me your email address and ill see if an entry has been uploaded under your name.

It's one entry per person, so if you already made an entry that maybe why.

Flame
12-15-2012, 03:19 AM
it doesent let me download the template :(

_
12-15-2012, 06:35 AM
it doesent let me download the template :(

Did you login first?

Flame
12-15-2012, 07:30 PM
Yes i login, and it says that my info is incorrect, when i know it is

Slaigh
12-15-2012, 07:50 PM
i used gimp to export it to jpg, yeah i see the logout thingy there. the image is generated when i select it. but hitting submit just breefly connects and then stops. ill check my export options. Does not seem to be any jpeg web export, cant find anything about it either, is it a special jpeg format?. No error reported. Thumbnail is generated. Sounds like im having the issue tho, im curious tho it kind of feels like it could be a access issue?, has any other normal user uploaded yet?.

I too had a problem submitting a Gimp created jpeg, after I would select the jpeg to upload it would give me a popup that said "Please upload your Masterpiece with jpeg file."

All I had to do to fix the problem was to just open the file in paint, and save as a jpeg. Then just submit the jpeg from paint. It loaded up fine for me then.

Hope this helps!:)

Wojtek
12-15-2012, 09:58 PM
I have one basic question: Can we interfere in mouse construction or ONLY give her different colors?

_
12-16-2012, 01:19 PM
I have one basic question: Can we interfere in mouse construction or ONLY give her different colors?

You can do what you like to the template! :D But it have the foundation of GX1000 in there somewhere though, you can't just hit delete and start again ;)

rhozac
12-18-2012, 05:37 PM
Has anyone been able to upload yet ?.

Francisco Ribas
12-23-2012, 03:10 PM
Hi! i am having trouble downloadig the file from the mouse´s blueprints . it says that i must be logged in . i try to log in and it says : "you have entered an wrong username or password" . can someone help me ???

najirion
12-25-2012, 01:09 PM
You need to use the email address as username, not the rog forum username

maoli
12-25-2012, 02:25 PM
Anybody have a link to the submissions? Can't seem to find them...

Edit: I'm guessing we can't browse entries until voting begins?

_
12-26-2012, 02:07 AM
Anybody have a link to the submissions? Can't seem to find them...

Edit: I'm guessing we can't browse entries until voting begins?

Yup. This is to keep it secret so everyone has a fair chance :)

Flame
01-07-2013, 10:50 PM
Wow, i have a rog account (obviosly) and i log in and it says my info is incorrect, and i really want to do this :( i cant download the template at all, :(

Myk SilentShadow
01-07-2013, 11:02 PM
Wow, i have a rog account (obviosly) and i log in and it says my info is incorrect, and i really want to do this :( i cant download the template at all, :(

Did you log in with email address or your screen name?

Chino
01-08-2013, 04:29 AM
Quick question, Myk. Is there a confirmation message or window telling you that your upload was successful?

Myk SilentShadow
01-08-2013, 04:37 AM
Quick question, Myk. Is there a confirmation message or window telling you that your upload was successful?

I don't know mate, I haven't even worked on this or even submitted anything lol...but there should be some kind of confirmation to show it worked.

Syler
01-09-2013, 10:22 AM
Upload didn't work for me either, I tried it logged in, with every well known browser, with a jpg file :S

And it tried it multiple times yesterday...

_
01-09-2013, 03:10 PM
Sorry everyone event has closed now. New competition soon! This time I'll try to push without a submit button :O