PDA

View Full Version : Display

Becky
12-15-2012, 06:31 AM
Hi, im new to the gaming laptops and I just got this G75vw-rh71 Tue. Have had a blast and find it does an awesome job with my games. Well, I had the screen on the desktop and walked away. Had to go run . Got back and found what I thought was the screen in sleep mode. So I moved the mouse and then the screen would come on and then go off over and over again. Cant find anything on anyone having trouble like this so im asking if anyone out there has had this happen. Oh, are both fans suppose to be running all the time. Just the right side seems to be only running. I have the i7 3630qm/ 12g mem/ gtx670m/and a 750g hhd.

Shawnnepc
12-15-2012, 07:07 AM
Hi, im new to the gaming laptops and I just got this G75vw-rh71 Tue. Have had a blast and find it does an awesome job with my games. Well, I had the screen on the desktop and walked away. Had to go run . Got back and found what I thought was the screen in sleep mode. So I moved the mouse and then the screen would come on and then go off over and over again. Cant find anything on anyone having trouble like this so im asking if anyone out there has had this happen. Oh, are both fans suppose to be running all the time. Just the right side seems to be only running. I have the i7 3630qm/ 12g mem/ gtx670m/and a 750g hhd.

It sounds like the display is defective in some way.

If it's still under your retailers return policy I would swap the unit for a new G75VW. If you purchased it from a physical retailer ask to inspect the new unit before you leave the store (something I always recommend on ALL laptop purchases) to ensure you've got a working one with no obvious defects.