PDA

View Full Version : Asus g73sw battery problem?

Python49
06-14-2011, 07:57 PM
Can someone tell me what's going on and if this is common? My power adapter for the g73sw just randomly stopped working (wtf? common?), so I then go to Wal-mart and buy some igo Green AC power adapter which works to get my laptop powered up but the thing keeps turning off and letting the computer die down when I want it to charge full. It will literally turn off immediately after I press the button to turn it back on and I have to go back and forth a bit.

So anyway, aside from that I ordered a replacement power adapter (the shipping costs and time spent waiting to send back in my current power adapter just made it easier to order a new one). But now what I'm noticing is that it seems like when the igo adapter isnt plugged in and charging that the battery is dying much faster than normal? Isn't this battery supposed to be 8cell and last 8 hours? When I unplug it now, it shows that there's only like 50mins worth of computer time even when it's at 50% charged. Do I need to buy a new battery and is this common for this Asus model?

Chastity@ASUS
06-15-2011, 04:32 AM
What is the rating on the power supply you bought? It needs to be 150w or greater to match your OEM one.

http://www.gearxs.com/gearxs/product_info.php?products_id=14373

Here's one I recommend, and they're inexpensive too. :) It's a 180w capacity and the connector is L-shaped.

Python49
06-15-2011, 02:35 PM
The input says 100-240 V ~ 1.5 A 50-60 hz, output of 19.5 V. I was using this one temporarily from wal-mart until the replacement one I ordered comes in. The replacement one I ordered has the exact specs as the original one. Is this temp one I'm using killing my battery or doing damage? It seems to be keeping the laptop fully charged at the moment.

xeromist
06-15-2011, 05:47 PM
Output has more than just voltage. There's no wattage or amperage rating on the packaging either?

diggtwitter
04-07-2012, 02:35 AM
Can someone tell me what's going on and if this is common? My power adapter for the g73sw just randomly stopped working (wtf? common?), so I then go to Wal-mart and buy some igo Green AC power adapter which works to get my laptop powered up but the thing keeps turning off and letting the computer die down when I want it to charge full. It will literally turn off immediately after I press the button to turn it back on and I have to go back and forth a bit.

So anyway, aside from that I ordered a replacement power adapter (the shipping costs and time spent waiting to send back in my current power adapter just made it easier to order a new one). But now what I'm noticing is that it seems like when the igo adapter isnt plugged in and charging that the battery is dying much faster than normal? Isn't this battery supposed to be 8cell and last 8 hours? When I unplug it now, it shows that there's only like 50mins worth of computer time even when it's at 50% charged. Do I need to buy a new battery and is this common for this Asus model?

I found this site has the good price for your g73sw battery (http://www.battery-center.net/asus-g73sw-battery.html).

http://www.battery-center.net/asus-g73sw-battery.html

As I know, Any technology questions you can ask the supplier.