PDA

View Full Version : g75 as71 what should I do?

sn4g
12-17-2012, 08:25 AM
so I just got my asus from amazon 3 days ago and its been freezing like crazy I can be doing anything and it will just freeze up on me and will force me to to a hard restart.

I wiped everything and installed windows 7 installed the drivers with the driver CD that came with the laptop, still freezing.

I then decided to wipe it yet again and start over.

so I figured I'd update all the drivers and tuh dah it has yet to freeze on me

but my question is should I still send it away to asus? I dont know if I even fixed the issue

rewben
12-17-2012, 09:46 AM
i would suggest that you send it back for an exchange of a new unit if you're still in the return window (maybe you should contact Amazon for the process)

normally a fresh install would remove possibility of potential bloatwares that might cause the freezing (e.g. antivirus). however, i assume that you have installed all the drivers and it's a blank OS (you didn't start installing anything yet) when it froze randomly.

sn4g
12-17-2012, 04:57 PM
I installed all the drivers that were on the disc that came with the laptop I never updated the drivers since I updated them no freeze up, I played a few multiplayer rounds of crysis2 on ultra settings flawlessly im going to do a few more tests and wait and see.

cl-scott
12-17-2012, 05:52 PM
Typically while you're still within the return period of the retailer/reseller it's preferred you deal with them. You could send it to us, but if you do so then you basically are giving up the ability to send it back to Amazon for exchange or refund. So it's up to you, but dealing with Amazon first is probably better.

Pitcher@asus
12-18-2012, 03:11 AM
hi, what is sitation occur? if you are IW, i suggest you send back to change new one.