PDA

View Full Version : G73SW help

kulch
12-18-2012, 04:26 PM
Hey, i bought a G73 SW from a kid that got it from best buy when it came out. Computer is awesome.
Now my question, it has a 3d option. Under the start bar is a enable/disable 3d vision ( and the pictures is with glasses)Is this model 3d capable? or not. Ive downloaded the 3d drivers and installed them but they are not coming up in the nvidia graphic setting (stereoscopic ). Im assuming since its not coming up in the settings that it isn't 3d capable?

Can anyone clarify this and tell me why i have this option under the nvidia start bar options if its not 3D?

Thanks guys
Daniel.

kaelrysh
12-18-2012, 11:17 PM
ive got the g73sw and mine is 3d capable. at the top of the keyboard with the keyboard lights button [there are 3 buttone] one of them turns the 3d on and off.
having said that i am not sure whether or not there are variants of the g73sw that may not have the 3d lcd? the asus sticker on the arm rest says `nvidia3dtv play` on mine. i guess if it doesnt say that it might not be. dont know about hte best buy version, i bought mine in japan.
other option of working it out is to open up a game and see if you can see properly [without the glasses]. mine tends to always start a fullscreen game in 3d, and usually give me a few words on why the game should or shouldnt be played in 3d. its usually fairly obvious if it will work or not.
the other thing to ask is did you get the 3d glasses with the g73 or not?

silentkiller01
12-19-2012, 02:23 PM
my G73 did not come with 3d you can check this by looking at your web cam on you display. if you webcam is surrounded by a triangel like mine then you dont have the 3d model. but if its like a rectangle your in luck.

nvidia will install all the drivers necessary including the 3d ones so you can play on a big ass 3d display via HDMI. and asus obviously will put the 3d stickers on where ever they can........

Pitcher@asus
12-20-2012, 02:54 AM
When you bought NB, did you get 3D glasses, sensor near web cam and LCD support on Spec list.

kulch
12-20-2012, 03:24 AM
Thankyou all, It all helped. My webcam is surrounded by a triangle so i guess its not 3d! oh well. Still a sweet pc. No i never received glasses which should of verified its not 3d. but the enable 3d button gave me hope! haha,

Daniel