PDA

View Full Version : Make G73SW ready for a new user

asus1986
06-16-2011, 01:14 PM
Hi!

I'm selling my G73SW after getting a new desktop.

How do I make it ready for a new user as easy as possible in the same state as I got it in? So that when the new user turns it on, Windows 7 New user setup starts and all my personal data is deleted?

There is no Windows 7 Premium disc bundled with the laptop, is the preinstalled AI Recovery Burner the best route? I supouse I could then format the entire drive and install from disc(s). Does this program backup my whole HD or only the os and preinstalled software?

Thanks for replies in advance
(excuse my english, I'm norwegian)

Chastity@ASUS
06-16-2011, 03:38 PM
At post, hit F9 to enter the System Recovery app. You can restore everything to factory-new, and wipe out your 2nd drive if you have one.

asus1986
06-28-2011, 09:52 PM
Thank you for replying. I've looked for a answer forever! I formatted the 2. harddrive and pressed F9.
When doing this I'm presented with 3 alternatives (translated from norwegian):

*Restore Windows only to first partition
*Restore Windows to the whole HD
*Restore Windows to the whole HD with two partitions.

I'm not sure which one to choose? Does option number 2 format the recovery partition aswell?
Does the recovery partition store personal information? I'm confused.

Info from my disk management:
Unnamed 21,49GB [Primary partition] I'm guessing this is the recovery partition.
OS(C: ) 116,44GB [System Startup]
Data(D: ) 327,83GB [Storage]

xeromist
06-28-2011, 10:06 PM
The way I understand it is as follows:
option 1 will wipe C and leave D intact.
option 2 will wipe C & D and create one big C drive
option 3 will wipe C & D and create a new C & D

None of the options will wipe the recovery partition as it is needed for future recoveries. The recovery partition does not store personal information.