PDA

View Full Version : Pricing thoughts on the following configuration

Adyghost
12-21-2012, 07:06 PM
I got really put off by the fact that the G75VW was going to be an MS Store and Best Buy exclusive. I was looking at a regular G75VW configuration as follows:

i7 3630QM
FullHD Matte Screen
IC Diamond Therma Paste installed
GTX 670M (sigh)
16GB Kingston HyperX Ram
Custom back lid skin
NO hard drives (I'm migrating my SSD and Hybrid drive from my current lappy)
Blu-Ray reader
Intel Advanced-N 6235 Wireless Card
ASUS ROG Shuttle Backpack
Clean installation of Windows 8 (thinking I might as well upgrade since Windows 7 driver support is going to get worse and worse)

All for the nice round number of 1700$ minus 56 cents :) As for the VX... I just can't buy a laptop that is so limited in customization from a retailer.

Pitcher@asus
12-24-2012, 07:03 AM
hi, ASUS laptop is unable to customization, but you are able to see the spec what is near your configuration.

rewben
12-24-2012, 10:12 AM
that's not a regular g75vw, Adyghost :) find a reputed custom builder that can offer you that and go for it.

Adyghost
12-24-2012, 11:26 PM
hi, ASUS laptop is unable to customization, but you are able to see the spec what is near your configuration.
Actually Mike, ASUS laptop IS able to be customized, as long as you buy it from a reseller :) I was actually quoting the configuration that I customized on XoticPC.

No matter, my 3 months wait for the G75VX is over, I went for a crazy deal on a different brand. Will be monitoring the developments on the upcoming G76