PDA

View Full Version : Sound of G75 VX

Kriss1
12-22-2012, 02:34 PM
Hello Rog's

i am happy finally to be a member of the rog society. I got my self a G75Vx recently ( upgraded from a Asus N56VZ ). I have to say i am impressed with the build quality, but there is something that bothers me. That laptop sounds not impressive at all. I know the N56 has the B&O sound, what is in a different league but still with the G75 its a mess. It is not weak but still somehow not right i don't get the stereo sensation at all. it sounds like mono, although all speakers are working just fine. The whole sound is somehow shifted to the left. I see, there are several posts on tweaking the sound of the G75VW, which is having a Via sound chip, but the VX model is having Realtek and that means completely different drivers with none of the options people are tweaking on the VW model. How are you dealing with that?

DeltaActual
12-22-2012, 04:47 PM
DAAAAMN..... shifted to the left again!... AGAIN?! after all this threads, they didn't fix it? congrats Asus, time to fire someone, me thinks

natejr
12-22-2012, 06:05 PM
It's the same problem of the g75vw with Via..THEY HAVE CHANGE SOUNDCARD BUT THE SETUP ISN'T CHANge,the sub overpower and unbalance the audio..STOP..THIS IS THE PROBLEM,i have fight with the Asus support for audio problem for 2 months,but anything change..VIA OR REALTECH IS THE SAME PROBLEM..why didn't have put the audio system of g73jh??WHY???????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ??????????????????????
And now i have problem with the lcd , an blur or stuck pixel is compare in the centre of the lcd..s.hit..and i buy myself the lcd for replace because the service of centre in italy is mutch s.hit..fu.ck..Asus..this model is a total fail..i never buy any notebook from Asus for the rest of my life..
sorry..but i'm so...

Kriss1
12-22-2012, 08:20 PM
Well yeah I find it stupid also. The G75vx is one among the most expensive units offered from Asus ( I got mine for 1500 EUR ). The problem is when i play with the balance slider, i do not get the feel that anything changes when i shift from left to right and backwards. I realy hope that Asus will correct that with a driver or so ....

natejr
12-22-2012, 08:37 PM
It's a design-project problem,in the via-soundcard-version after 10 version of driver nothing is change..i don't understand why in the vx model haven't change the position of the speackers and th sub..fu.ck Asus

dstrakele
12-22-2012, 09:49 PM
That's strange! The G75 audio sounds fine to these ASUS Quality Control techs : http://www.google.com/search?q=cauliflower+ear+pictures&hl=en&tbo=u&tbm=isch&source=univ&sa=X&ei=nSnWUO-mIcGe2QWE9IDoCg&ved=0CCsQsAQ&biw=360&bih=640

DeltaActual
12-22-2012, 11:05 PM
That's strange! The G75 audio sounds fine to these ASUS Quality Control techs : http://www.google.com/search?q=cauliflower+ear+pictures&hl=en&tbo=u&tbm=isch&source=univ&sa=X&ei=nSnWUO-mIcGe2QWE9IDoCg&ved=0CCsQsAQ&biw=360&bih=640 rofl, but seriously, Sherman or Sherlock from Asus or whatever the ... yer name is - what a failure you guys are..... Damage control? Anybody efing home?

Kriss1
12-23-2012, 08:57 AM
AHAHAHAHAHA it seems you need to have special ears in order to tune the sound right. But seriously, the VIA software offered various settings which could be tweaked so the sound gets somewhat OK.... but with Realtek there is nothing to be done :( .... so may be here is the spot where a ASUS representative should jump into the discussion ?!

rinaldo
12-23-2012, 10:18 AM
Hi guys,

Since a week, i own a G75VX. My first impressions were good except for the sound. It sound bad.... very bad. I also have a MacBookPro 17" and it sounds 10 times better than the G75Vx.

After hours spend to find a solution, nothing works. For me the problem is :

All sounds are played by the subwoofer. Not just low frequency ! So it sounds like a bad mono system. I try to configure it by the realtek HD audio manager, but there's no option for the subwoofer. It detects a 2.0 speaker system and there's nothing to do.

For me it's impossible to listen something on this laptop, for now i always use a headset or connect it to my HC system.

I'am pretty sure it'll sound better if i disconnect the subwoofer... if it's possible. I really hope asus will find a solution.

By my side, if i find a solution, i'll share it imediatly with you.

PS : My english is not perfect :)

natejr
12-23-2012, 10:48 AM
''All sounds are played by the subwoofer. Not just low frequency ! So it sounds like a bad mono system'' THIS IS THE REAL FU:CK PROBLEM!!!since the first versione of the g75 series in may,nothing is change,the problem is still here and is too bad in the ''new'' model , the vx , there is the same problem , in the g73jh the sound was beatiful .. in Asus notebook teck are ALL FUC:KING IDIOT

Zygomorphic
12-23-2012, 11:21 AM
Which version of the drivers are you guys using? In this case, due to the custom nature of the sound-cards, might I suggest trying the drivers on ASUS website? Since the G75VX is likely to be a Windows 8 device, it may be worth considering the attempt to install the Windows 8 drivers, since the Windows 7 and Windows 8 have very similar kernels.

Kriss1
12-23-2012, 11:54 AM
I tried first with windows 8, same story. than i tried a variety of versions for the realtek chip. currently i am installing 6016788. fingers crossed ...

Kriss1
12-23-2012, 12:13 PM
Surprise Surprise with this driver you have separate Subwoofer Volume control ! So now you can somwhat correct the sound shift problem. Good job ! :)

http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/nb/...VER6016788.zip

DirtyCodingHabitz
12-24-2012, 04:44 AM
I got the same problem here. If anyone finds a solution please help.
http://i602.photobucket.com/albums/tt106/DirtyCodingHabitz/Untitled-1_zps26b8b1f3.png

Karrde
12-24-2012, 09:54 AM
solution

First of all ignore the Modern Asus "App" and Metro UI and do it the "classical" way.

(Okay it is a little bit more complicated because of the missing Start menu)

Win Key + d: Activates the desktop mode
Win Key + e: Opens Explorer (“My Computer”) with all your drives
Win Key + x: For a menu with advanced system options, incl. Windows Control Panel, Command Prompt, Task Manager and File Explorer...
For more search for" Windows 8 keyboard shortcuts".

Download (btw. IE is docked at the Desktop taskbar) and install the Realtek V6.01.6788 driver above and set your Subwoofer Volume at Realtek HD Audio manager (I don't know if it appears at Metro UI, if not then start it from its Notification Area Icon (at Destop taskbar) or from Windows Control Panel)

DirtyCodingHabitz
12-24-2012, 01:04 PM
When I click the link it says "file not found"... I think the link wasn't pasted correctly.

Karrde
12-24-2012, 02:08 PM
Sorry, didn't test it because i used samozens link from other Thread

http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/nb/DriversForWin8/Audio_Realtek_Win7_8_VER6016788.zip

ggBanks
12-24-2012, 02:29 PM
Does the Realtek driver work on the G55VW?

DirtyCodingHabitz
12-24-2012, 11:57 PM
Sorry, didn't test it because i used samozens link from other Thread

http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/nb/DriversForWin8/Audio_Realtek_Win7_8_VER6016788.zip

I installed it. When I set the subwoofer volume to 25 and lower, I can hear the sound coming from left and right, but if it's 26 or higher the sound comes out from the left side.
http://i602.photobucket.com/albums/tt106/DirtyCodingHabitz/Untitled-1_zps2f123a56.png

Zygomorphic
12-25-2012, 12:13 AM
I installed it. When I set the subwoofer volume to 25 and lower, I can hear the sound coming from left and right, but if it's 26 or higher the sound comes out from the left side.
http://i602.photobucket.com/albums/tt106/DirtyCodingHabitz/Untitled-1_zps2f123a56.png

That is really bizarre. Is that sound coming out the left side for the master volume or the subwoofer volume?

rinaldo
12-25-2012, 05:33 PM
Hi,

I try this new driver. There is a new functionnality, we can cut the subwoofer volume, but the problem remain. Not only low frequency came out this subwoofer, but all. If i disable it, the laptop sound like a cheap screen with integrated speakers.

I think we have to wait that realtek develop an adapted driver, or may be Asus... I think it's not for tommorow :(

@Zygomorfic, when it sound coming out from the left side of the computer, it all comes from the sub, not the left speaker.

DirtyCodingHabitz
12-26-2012, 01:25 AM
Hi,

I try this new driver. There is a new functionnality, we can cut the subwoofer volume, but the problem remain. Not only low frequency came out this subwoofer, but all. If i disable it, the laptop sound like a cheap screen with integrated speakers.

I think we have to wait that realtek develop an adapted driver, or may be Asus... I think it's not for tommorow :(

@Zygomorfic, when it sound coming out from the left side of the computer, it all comes from the sub, not the left speaker.

Yeah, what you said is the same on mine. I guess we just have to wait for a new proper driver from ASUS.

GottiBoi55
12-26-2012, 01:57 AM
It's the same problem of the g75vw with Via..THEY HAVE CHANGE SOUNDCARD BUT THE SETUP ISN'T CHANge,the sub overpower and unbalance the audio..STOP..THIS IS THE PROBLEM,i have fight with the Asus support for audio problem for 2 months,but anything change..VIA OR REALTECH IS THE SAME PROBLEM..why didn't have put the audio system of g73jh??WHY???????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ??????????????????????
And now i have problem with the lcd , an blur or stuck pixel is compare in the centre of the lcd..s.hit..and i buy myself the lcd for replace because the service of centre in italy is mutch s.hit..fu.ck..Asus..this model is a total fail..i never buy any notebook from Asus for the rest of my life..
sorry..but i'm so...

I agree, I didn't have this problem on my G73JH!!!!!

Individ
12-29-2012, 07:10 PM
I hope everyone realizes that the "subwoofer" is located on the bottome left side of the laptop, therefore making it seem as if sound is predominantly coming from the left of the laptop. Due to the "subwoofer"s small size, it is physically impossible for it to emit low enough bass frequencies to be considered a sub, therefore implementing any type of lowpass filter in a future driver would merely cut out almost all of the sound it emits completely. Yes, this is a physical design flaw by ASUS, but what can you do? The separate volume knob for the "sub" is the best we can hope for.

Just my two cents.

DeltaActual
12-29-2012, 07:28 PM
I hope everyone realizes that the "subwoofer" is located on the bottome left side of the laptop, therefore making it seem as if sound is predominantly coming from the left of the laptop. Due to the "subwoofer"s small size, it is physically impossible for it to emit low enough bass frequencies to be considered a sub, therefore implementing any type of lowpass filter in a future driver would merely cut out almost all of the sound it emits completely. Yes, this is a physical design flaw by ASUS, but what can you do? The separate volume knob for the "sub" is the best we can hope for.

Just my two cents.

Did you see the subwoofer on G73? It wasn't much bigger, if it all.

DirtyCodingHabitz
12-30-2012, 03:36 AM

Just my two cents.

Actually you can't hear anything from the right side. The only way to balance it is to lower the subwoofer to 25%.

Individ
12-30-2012, 12:19 PM
Actually you can't hear anything from the right side. The only way to balance it is to lower the subwoofer to 25%.

That's odd. I don't have that problem with my G75VX-DH72-CA. The sound overall is much better than my previous Toshiba Satellite!

ashue
12-31-2012, 05:46 AM
Hi guys,

Based on what i have, the sound is not that bad at all and it just so happened that even when you put the volume of the speaker to around 30-40 it still sounds low but i have no issues with the sound being heard at the left side only and i will definitely give that driver that was suggested here a try to see if something different will come up. Also, i have a dfx audio enhancer installed just to satisfy myself with the low volume that i am avoiding. Haha. It does not completely resolve the whole thing but at least i am getting a different sound now.

Kriss1
01-01-2013, 04:43 PM
Hi ashue,

what kind of DFX audio enchancer ?

_
01-02-2013, 04:00 AM
Dear All,

The driver fix is under-going development and is due to go to Microsoft for WHQL this week. This means it's 2-3 weeks away from on-site availability. I'm checking if I can get the pre-WHQL version uploaded for everyone on here to try first.

DirtyCodingHabitz
01-02-2013, 06:06 AM
Dear All,

The driver fix is under-going development and is due to go to Microsoft for WHQL this week. This means it's 2-3 weeks away from on-site availability. I'm checking if I can get the pre-WHQL version uploaded for everyone on here to try first.

Awesome news, thanks. I can't wait for the audio driver fix :). You got any info on the new gpu driver?

Farrealm
01-03-2013, 10:26 AM
Hi,

I was about to pull the trigger on ordering a G75VX when I came across this thread. I am just wondering what the "severity" of the problem is:

Is it....

A) Not fantastic but I can live with it. It's still better than most laptops and everything else about the G75VX is awesome...

B) Far from great but a driver-fix will surely fix it in the next couple of months or so... OR...

C) A design flaw and no matter how hard you try it's always going to be rubbish

Or something else......

Kriss1
01-03-2013, 10:53 AM
Hi Farrealm,

i would say it is a bit more complicated than describing it with a few words.

1. It is better than most of the laptops to date ( i am testing a lot, it is kind of my job to do so )
2. Compared to the N56/76 sound (which is by far the best I know to date) it has the same power but just the stereo effect is poorly represented as well the frequency response is also not that good. But only compared to N56/76
3. nobody here has tested that driver Fix what is mentioned above so ... fingers cross.
4. until now we have only a non official realtek driver which gives additional volume control for the sub-woofer alone, and that kind of corrects the worst parts of the whole story but is far from being the ultimate solution...
5. All in all when i play 90% of the time i use headphones so no integrated speakers.
6. if you dont need the laptop for music listening but just for hearing music and may be here and there a movie, you can live with that :)

I hope this answers the majority of your questions.

Everything else is OK with that rig :)

ashue
01-03-2013, 11:12 AM
Hi Kriss1,

I am using the version 11 of the program.
Have you read the reply of marshall? Let us wait for that driver to go live for download and let's see if that will make any difference.

ashue
01-03-2013, 11:16 AM
Hi Marshall,

Upon checking the thread again on this forum, one member posted about this driver Realtek V6.01.6788 driver.
Is this related or the same to the upcoming driver fix that will posted soon?
Thanks.

Farrealm
01-03-2013, 10:26 PM
Thanks for the detailed answer Krissl! Yes, it makes more sense to me now.

ashue
01-04-2013, 08:55 AM
Hi Farrealm,

I would suggest to give it a try as this product is great.
All of the items being sold worldwide are not perfect but ASUS made it to the point that it can answer your gaming needs
combined with the portability of this laptop and the price range as to me it is not that heavy compared to others. With regards to the sound, I know you can figure out a way or two until the new driver comes out, maybe use a headset first, maybe a gaming headset or a beats headset will do. Just giving out my opinion here. I hope it helps in a little way. :)

FalloutBoy
01-04-2013, 11:09 AM
I too recently purchased the G75VX and after reading the thread updated the drivers for Windows 8 to those in the pre-release, while these drivers are an improvement - they are not much of an improvement and I feel that ASUS have totally dropped the ball on the Audio in this their "Ultimate Fighting Machine", even changing the applied effect to make things more bass didn't help that greatly and the sound is lop sided.
I also have an older machine a Toshiba X500 and the sound on that 19" beast is so superior to the sound on the G75VX it makes it sound like a complete Joke.
I feel that even though it would make the machine a little more bulky that they should really get their combined s#1t together and put in a decent 5.1 at minimum sound system and a bigger sub woofer, honestly sound is very important to gamer's and the sound on the G75VX is sub par at best, ASUS needs to do way way better. My desktop PC with AC97 sound sounds way better.
If ASUS can sort this problem with drivers then fine - but I don't honestly see it happening, if I was putting out this machine and it sounded like it does at the moment it would not be leaving the factory let alone a customer actually hearing it, and if it did get that far I would be recalling it. Shame for sticking a premium branding with such a piece of hardware - apart from the sound systems the G75VX is beautiful.

DirtyCodingHabitz
01-04-2013, 01:44 PM
I too recently purchased the G75VX and after reading the thread updated the drivers for Windows 8 to those in the pre-release, while these drivers are an improvement - they are not much of an improvement and I feel that ASUS have totally dropped the ball on the Audio in this their "Ultimate Fighting Machine", even changing the applied effect to make things more bass didn't help that greatly and the sound is lop sided.
I also have an older machine a Toshiba X500 and the sound on that 19" beast is so superior to the sound on the G75VX it makes it sound like a complete Joke.
I feel that even though it would make the machine a little more bulky that they should really get their combined s#1t together and put in a decent 5.1 at minimum sound system and a bigger sub woofer, honestly sound is very important to gamer's and the sound on the G75VX is sub par at best, ASUS needs to do way way better. My desktop PC with AC97 sound sounds way better.
If ASUS can sort this problem with drivers then fine - but I don't honestly see it happening, if I was putting out this machine and it sounded like it does at the moment it would not be leaving the factory let alone a customer actually hearing it, and if it did get that far I would be recalling it. Shame for sticking a premium branding with such a piece of hardware - apart from the sound systems the G75VX is beautiful.

I agree 100%. If the sound doesn't get fixed it's pretty much getting ripped off because you don't get what you pay for. No one should sell their products if they have issues from the start. Fix them first and then sell so everyone is happy and people get what they pay for.

Tetagrammaton
01-04-2013, 06:43 PM
Hi to all ROG members (i'm sorry for my poor English --- i'm Italian :) )

I have a G75VX ..... Beautiful Machine but.....

I notice that the rubber points below the notebook don't touch well the entire surface, leaving 'soft areas',
the body of Asus is entirely made ??of plastic and flexes when 'pressed'.

I installed Windows 7 Ultimate, the performance of G75VX are better than under Windows 8.

Main topic: THE AUDIO

Well...

I installed Realtek Drivers 6.0.1.6788 and with the control of subwoofer i found a setting to get Very
Good Sound....

BUT BUT BUT..... PROBLEM:

Happened more than once that, listening a song with 'rhythmic music' at high volume, suddenly the audio is disappeared
and strange 'mechanical/electrical sounds' coming out from notebook and the system 'crashed'.

I did not understand if these strange sounds came from the hard disk, from the speakers or from some other
part of the notebook.

But I am inclined to think of a Sound Driver problem... OR ... OR... OR....

OR... THE WORST:

The vibrations of the subwoofer 'disturb' the HD that is located very close...
Now, for safety, i changed the slot of the HD, increasing the distance of the subwoofer...

Despite the possible causes of the problem, i think that the vibrations of the subwoofer can harmful for
mechanics of the Hard Disk...

if you can, do tests to see if this problem is produced by the vibrations of the subwoofer or (better)
from the driver (in this case at any volume).

The problem occurred listening a FLAC file in VLC.

Thanks to all for eventually evidence.

Wait for feedback :)

HI, MArco L.

DirtyCodingHabitz
01-05-2013, 12:44 AM
I tried FLAC on G75VX and it sounds like crap, it can't produce any good detail from FLAC :(.

Kriss1
01-09-2013, 09:00 AM
Dear All,

Hi to all, i am just bumping the topic, so it does not get lost in some corner of the forum.

Whats up asus guys, how are doing with the fix :)

pitha1337
01-09-2013, 03:00 PM
It would be nice if someone from ASUS could provide us a pre version of the drivers. I don't need a microsoft certified driver :)

ashue
01-12-2013, 11:33 AM
It would be nice if someone from ASUS could provide us a pre version of the drivers. I don't need a microsoft certified driver :)

Hi pitha1337,

Kindly check this link and see if the download is still available.
http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?27686-G75VX-Realtek-driver-for-Win-8-(subfix)-NON-WHQL&country=&status=

FalloutBoy
01-13-2013, 01:31 AM
Well while the sound had improved with the latest non WHQL driver I looked for alternatives, I would have loved to have gotten a Xonar U2 but it looks like ASUS have moved on to a USB stick approach with the U3 and while I don't mind USB devices I don't want them sitting right on the port so they get flexed every time you move.

To that end I have brought - rather cheaper than the marked price I might add one of these
http://au.store.creative.com/sound-blaster/sound-blaster-x-fi-surround-5-1-pro/1-20055.aspx

Hopefully it will improve the sound somewhat until someone gets us a decent driver.

PadiG75VX
01-13-2013, 01:46 AM
G75VX SPDIF, optical cable and old receiver no problems with sound :cool:

ashue
01-13-2013, 03:12 AM
Well while the sound had improved with the latest non WHQL driver I looked for alternatives, I would have loved to have gotten a Xonar U2 but it looks like ASUS have moved on to a USB stick approach with the U3 and while I don't mind USB devices I don't want them sitting right on the port so they get flexed every time you move.

To that end I have brought - rather cheaper than the marked price I might add one of these
http://au.store.creative.com/sound-blaster/sound-blaster-x-fi-surround-5-1-pro/1-20055.aspx

Hopefully it will improve the sound somewhat until someone gets us a decent driver.

Hi Falloutboy,

Seems like a good product you have there.
I checked the reviews and it looks like it is all and well.
I have not tried the non whql driver yet since the alternative that I am using right now is just using dfx audio enhancer.
I might be considering buying this kind of product that you bought in the near future. :D

PadiG75VX
01-13-2013, 04:59 AM
Why do you want to invest in external usb device? G75 has analog, optical and HDMI sound output.....

FalloutBoy
01-14-2013, 12:02 PM
Why do you want to invest in external usb device? G75 has analog, optical and HDMI sound output.....

I might be going blind but where is the optical connector of which you speak?, while it's mentioned in the drivers I can not find a little square optical connector anywhere on the G75VX

Kriss1
01-14-2013, 12:40 PM
there is none. you only have SPDIF using headphones out. Else you can use HDMI ...

ÜMİT ALTUN
02-13-2013, 09:59 PM
I agree with you? I send back may first one. But my new g75vx still have bad speaker problem. I'm not sure there is someone in ASUS that think this is a big problem. In the world big companys call back their pruduct when there is a small problem but ASUS never mind. PLEEEESEEEE HEAR YOUR CONSUMERS which buy your expensive product. PLEEEESE ASUS give us a SOLUTIONS OR A HOPE

RocketD0G
02-20-2013, 08:53 AM
Hi all,

Bought this badass a week ago. Downloaded the new drivers for windows 8 (64) from the asus support site. And changed the internal subwoofer to 25% and did some equalizer work. Sounds good to me. I'm gonna try to search for something to make the subwoofer play only bass sounds - and not everything.

Never will be a good subwoofer, but still subwoofers shouldn't play anything else but bass. If i come up with a unofficial way to make it play only bass. Ill post it here on the forums. But I think it might be hard for unexperienced users.

Seems like Software low-pass filters is not the way to go. So without tampering with the actual components there is a slight to none chanse of actually making it work OKAY. :(

- RocketD0G!

TokoDude
02-20-2013, 12:59 PM
A way to improve your sound is to go to:

VIA HD AUDO DECK--->turn ON Expert mode---> go to environment modeling--> and change the settings to improve sound.

I did theather and sounds better then it was first.

Or try this:

http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?20220-SOUND-settings-my-sound-settings-on-G75&country=&status=

RocketD0G
02-21-2013, 08:44 AM
A way to improve your sound is to go to:

VIA HD AUDO DECK--->turn ON Expert mode---> go to environment modeling--> and change the settings to improve sound.

I did theather and sounds better then it was first.

Or try this:

http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?20220-SOUND-settings-my-sound-settings-on-G75&country=&status=

Hate to break it for ya. But the VX comes with Realtek audio - I.e not VIA at all. We have no use of those guides.

-RocketD0G!

Dr4g0n36
02-21-2013, 09:30 AM
Hi guys, im having the same problem on my G75Vx (if you raise the level of subwoofer over 25 percent, audio exit only from sub) and when you play mp3 with low bitrate randomly the sub turn off for one second playng in "mono" style, then return normally.

3 years ago i've bought the Asus G73Jw and found a solution that helped the owners of G73Jh that has the same problem, on the asus italian support forum; here is the solution, but i still to improve because seems to dont' work pretty good on Windows 8:

G73jh has the realtek audio driver, but years ago no one was able to recognize the sub, then ASUS release an update and all exit form the subwoofer.

my G73Jw exit wit realtek chipset BUT asus also improved on the sound chip an embedded serial for using (only on Jw model) the Creative drivers and panel. result? we modify the installer, tried it on Jh model and everything sound perfect (try searching MB-xfi on Google).

So i think the solution is this but the broblem is that: seems tha panel ad "xfi" in general wasn't 100% compatible with windows 8, so im'still searching a solution, if anyone could help me to improve this solution...

( sorry for my poor english :P )

RocketD0G
02-21-2013, 10:38 AM
Hi guys, im having the same problem on my G75Vx (if you raise the level of subwoofer over 25 percent, audio exit only from sub) and when you play mp3 with low bitrate randomly the sub turn off for one second playng in "mono" style, then return normally.

3 years ago i've bought the Asus G73Jw and found a solution that helped the owners of G73Jh that has the same problem, on the asus italian support forum; here is the solution, but i still to improve because seems to dont' work pretty good on Windows 8:

G73jh has the realtek audio driver, but years ago no one was able to recognize the sub, then ASUS release an update and all exit form the subwoofer.

my G73Jw exit wit realtek chipset BUT asus also improved on the sound chip an embedded serial for using (only on Jw model) the Creative drivers and panel. result? we modify the installer, tried it on Jh model and everything sound perfect (try searching MB-xfi on Google).

So i think the solution is this but the broblem is that: seems tha panel ad "xfi" in general wasn't 100% compatible with windows 8, so im'still searching a solution, if anyone could help me to improve this solution...

( sorry for my poor english :P )

Try downloading the newest version of the drivers from the website, uninstalling your old realtek drivers and then install the new drivers. Fixed it somewhat for me - Only problem persisting is the fact that the subwoofer is acting as a 3rd speaker and not a subwoofer (it plays all sounds - not only bass.)

-RocketD0G!

Dr4g0n36
02-21-2013, 12:19 PM
Try downloading the newest version of the drivers from the website, uninstalling your old realtek drivers and then install the new drivers. Fixed it somewhat for me - Only problem persisting is the fact that the subwoofer is acting as a 3rd speaker and not a subwoofer (it plays all sounds - not only bass.)

-RocketD0G!

Yeah, the new driver solved this, but also for me play ALL sounds...i'm trying to fix the problem with xfi to solve all problems...mine (and your) and problems of all other users.

ps: do you have the same problem of sub that "turn off" randomly for one second? i've made some tries and found that this error become more visible if you turn off the loudness equalization in realtek panel an play at 100% of volume.

Dr4g0n36
02-23-2013, 02:55 AM
hi, guys, bad news from X-Fi...first i tried to install the "standard" packet (x-Fi 1.2 + modded realtek like for G73 series) then i bought directly from Creative the X-Fi 2.0 program ($24 offer ^^ )...results are the same:

- installer lock at 64% in EVERY mode (save, digital signature, compatibility, etc...)

- panel is half installed, and isn't present in the uninstall panel

- audio is 4/10 of realtek power and clarity

- no mic recognized

-no sub recognized

after 2/3 mails with tech support, they told me that X-Fi is ONLY compatible with Vista/7 ... and they are not planning for now a fix/upgrade...

so...X-Fi cannot be used as solution for Windows 8 users :(

ps. the new driver also solved mine/you problem, but i'm still searching a workaround for the sub issue, that play all audio instead bass only...

RocketD0G
02-23-2013, 07:22 AM
hi, guys, bad news from X-Fi...first i tried to install the "standard" packet (x-Fi 1.2 + modded realtek like for G73 series) then i bought directly from Creative the X-Fi 2.0 program ($24 offer ^^ )...results are the same:

- installer lock at 64% in EVERY mode (save, digital signature, compatibility, etc...)

- panel is half installed, and isn't present in the uninstall panel

- audio is 4/10 of realtek power and clarity

- no mic recognized

-no sub recognized

after 2/3 mails with tech support, they told me that X-Fi is ONLY compatible with Vista/7 ... and they are not planning for now a fix/upgrade...

so...X-Fi cannot be used as solution for Windows 8 users :(

ps. the new driver also solved mine/you problem, but i'm still searching a workaround for the sub issue, that play all audio instead bass only...

Didn't know about the X-Fi. Bummer it didn't work out tho.

After installing the 20 February update from the G75VX site. It actually sounds better. Still alot of other not bass sounds. But it's getting better!

-RocketD0G!

PCAnyWhere
03-20-2013, 01:45 PM
Hi, has anyone tried Version V6.0.1.6818? I just got my G75VX 3 days ago and found this driver dated 2013/02/20 and I did find it much better than the stock driver I can also attest to the fact that it is MUCH better than my G75VW.

I have put the sub-woofer control down to 25% as suggested and can also attest to the fact that having it higher makes it worse. But now there is a little bit of balance in that there is some left and right speaker differentiation.

sid4975
01-20-2015, 11:31 PM
So I've had this laptop for awhile now and I never really bothered to try and fix the audio "which I could tell wasnt right from day one" cuz I don't use the laptop a ton, but I assumed when I got around to fixing it that it would have been an easy fix. To my dismay I see its been almost 2 years and there is no fix for the audio on this 1500$ laptop that I purchased from best buy because im a huga ASUS fan.

Anyway how is this possible that this has never been fixed. I'm going to call asus soon as I have time to see what my options are because this is absurd.