PDA

View Full Version : Can't find AI Recovery utility anywhere; Live update notice update.

Maywell
12-23-2012, 04:12 AM
Hi, I need some help here.

I got wrong and recover my windows.

Now I'm live updating and it notice there's new AI Recovery 1.0.25 (mine 1.0.23) but after updating, it says mine is updating bbut still, It noticed new update is there.

So I tried to find AI Recovery 1.0.25 installer on the net, but it's erased anywhere. I even can't find on ASUS site.

Can anyone confirm this and help me how to resolve this?

Thank you! :)

GottiBoi55
12-23-2012, 04:24 AM

Now I'm live updating and it notice there's new AI Recovery 1.0.25 (mine 1.0.23) but after updating, it says mine is updating bbut still, It noticed new update is there.

So I tried to find AI Recovery 1.0.25 installer on the net, but it's erased anywhere. I even can't find on ASUS site.

Well if you are running Win8 you are out of luck, Asus is doing away with the "AI Recovery utility".
Since Win8 has it's own "recovery options", I guess Asus does not think they need to add this to there "new Win8 systems"
well, I think that's a bad idea, because it's a "very useful" option for recovery.

Maywell
12-23-2012, 04:44 AM
Well if you are running Win8 you are out of luck, Asus is doing away with the "AI Recovery utility".
Since Win8 has it's own "recovery options", I guess Asus does not think they need to add this to there "new Win8 systems"
well, I think that's a bad idea, because it's a "very useful" option for recovery.

I'm running Windows 7 64-bit. But still, ASUS erased all downloadable installer on any download sites on the net.

My AI Recovery is still 1.0.23 :(

Anyone know any link to download at least the 1.0.25 version?

GottiBoi55
12-23-2012, 05:04 AM
I'm running Windows 7 64-bit. But still, ASUS erased all downloadable installer on any download sites on the net.

My AI Recovery is still 1.0.23 :(

Anyone know any link to download at least the 1.0.25 version?

Oh I see, the one that shipped with the Win7 systems won't work with drives over "500GB"
I found that out the hard way, but lucky me I had a 500GB drive to recover to.
I was also lucky enough to have downloaded the new "AI Recovery" before Asus removed it from the download page.
Was a long process, but after two sets of Recovery DVDs' I finally was able to recover my stock 750GB drive back.

PS: I think if you "Google" it you should able find the latest "AI Recovery" download.

Maywell
12-23-2012, 06:16 AM
Oh I see, the one that shipped with the Win7 systems won't work with drives over "500GB"
I found that out the hard way, but lucky me I had a 500GB drive to recover to.
I was also lucky enough to have downloaded the new "AI Recovery" before Asus removed it from the download page.
Was a long process, but after two sets of Recovery DVDs' I finally was able to recover my stock 750GB drive back.

PS: I think if you "Google" it you should able find the latest "AI Recovery" download.

Mine 512GB HD too. :(

Nope, this time even Google isn't strong enough to help me. I googled it. Every sites had the download linked to ASUS and the others' deleted.

If only you or anyone can upload that tiny 5mb installer file for me, I'd really appreciated. But anyway, thank you for replying. :)

GottiBoi55
12-23-2012, 07:22 AM
Mine 512GB HD too. :(

Nope, this time even Google isn't strong enough to help me. I googled it. Every sites had the download linked to ASUS and the others' deleted.

If only you or anyone can upload that tiny 5mb installer file for me, I'd really appreciated. But anyway, thank you for replying. :)

Try this link>>>>>Asus-AI-Recovery-Utility. (http://www.download3k.com/Install-Asus-AI-Recovery-Utility.html)
hope this works for you!
Select the first download mirror

rewben
12-23-2012, 04:04 PM
i think that's an old version of ai recovery.

you can try this (http://nbtsd.asustreiber.de/Tools/AiRecovery_V1.0.28.zip); the version is 1.0.28.

GottiBoi55
12-23-2012, 10:48 PM

you can try this (http://nbtsd.asustreiber.de/Tools/AiRecovery_V1.0.28.zip); the version is 1.0.28.

Thx rewben for the update.

rewben
12-24-2012, 01:18 AM
let's hope that works for him :)

Pitcher@asus
12-24-2012, 02:19 AM
Yep, because it is change OS,so ASUS remove AI Recover Utility from ASUS website, we will release new AI Recover Utility ASAP.

rewben
12-24-2012, 02:38 AM
nice, Mike_Lu@ASUS :)

shawnavonsr
12-24-2012, 08:24 PM

Thanks rewben and Gottiboi55. I just logged on to the forum looking for this update. Just unboxed my G75VX and can't wait to take this baby for a spin once I burn these ISO disks.

shawnavonsr
12-24-2012, 08:25 PM
Yep, because it is change OS,so ASUS remove AI Recover Utility from ASUS website, we will release new AI Recover Utility ASAP.

I will be looking for this update thanks.

GottiBoi55
12-25-2012, 03:36 AM

Sweet, yes many will be grateful for the 'New AI Recover Utility"
Thx Mike_Lu@ASUS

rewben
12-25-2012, 05:02 AM
hey shawnavonsr, just remember that the AI Recovery is for g75vw; don't use it on your g75vx. to my knowledge, currently there is no AI Recovery tool for a g75vx; as Mike stated above, there will be one, so just be patient.

shawnavonsr
12-25-2012, 02:30 PM
Roger that rewben. Those darn letters got me all confused in my excitement lol. I have the G75VW

Paulovrv
01-05-2013, 04:40 AM

Does anybody know when it is going to happen?

I tried this version downloaded from the link here, but in my machine it doesn't even recognize the recovery partition...

The ssd will sleep in the drawer. :D

rewben
01-05-2013, 10:19 AM
uh? you can still clone it to your ssd (http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?26175-Help-with-Windows-8-transfer-on-G75&p=194143&viewfull=1#post194143) (or, just grab an ISO and starts clean install)

Paulovrv
01-06-2013, 03:21 AM
uh? you can still clone it to your ssd (http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?26175-Help-with-Windows-8-transfer-on-G75&p=194143&viewfull=1#post194143) (or, just grab an ISO and starts clean install)

Cloned!! Everything is allright! Thank you, Guru!

FalloutBoy
01-10-2013, 10:20 AM

Hey Mike I don't mean to be a pain but how soon is soon? I'm not trying to rush you or anything but I feel extremely vulnerable without a set of Recovery Media.

dwcl99
05-08-2013, 10:27 PM
Try this link>>>>>Asus-AI-Recovery-Utility. (http://www.download3k.com/Install-Asus-AI-Recovery-Utility.html)
hope this works for you!
Select the first download mirror

Thank you very much for providing the download link.

rewben
05-12-2013, 02:02 AM
for g75vx, finally there is a new tool for this purpose (check the asus' download page for g75vx, in the utilities section). as long as you have the stock partitions intact i think it will work.

ASUS Backtracker helps you to back up and recover your system's settings

bert269
09-06-2013, 12:14 PM
Or try this....Not sure it will work under Windows 8 (doubt it - not home to try it mayself - will later today) but at least it's a later version for Win7:
http://www.helpjet.net/files-Asus-AI-Recovery.html

PS. I could not get the latest 1.0.28 64-bit from thse links...after downling it still says 32bit, but there is a 1.0.27 for win64!
Enjoy!

McRom37
06-29-2017, 10:36 PM

So if i want to do a SSD upgrade for the ASus G75VW of more then 500GB of SSD srorage i will need the new AI Recovery??? That sounds like many have had trouble with this,by simply upgraging you Hard Drive to 1TB SSD wow so how do we go about updating the newer AI Recovery???