PDA

View Full Version : G75vw-bbk5 from bestbuy will not boot up/blackscreen

ninjabk
12-27-2012, 02:00 AM
Hello everyone,

First off I have been searching on the web for over 2 hours for my issue. I have found a lot of thing close to mine but not my problem so here is my post.

I had my computer on all day (not in hibernation or sleep) and when I got home I went to restart it so it could have a fresh restart. But when it restarted it was stuck at a black screen and the key bored and other lights (external mouse keyboard) all lit up but never got passed this. I held down the power button and restated it and same thing. This has happened maybe 3 time In the past and I would just take out the battery and put it back in and the computer would start up. I have been at this for over 3 hours and can not get it passed the lights lighting up. I also tried connected to my 24 inch monitor and still nothing. I got this is May of 2012 from bestbuy and don't think they will take it back. I feel really bad too BC this was an expensive machine.

Please help.

Pitcher@asus
12-27-2012, 02:13 AM
could you post error photo? is your laptop unable to use now or sometime will happen unable to boot issue?
Did you call ASUS service center at your locatation?

ninjabk
12-27-2012, 02:17 AM
The computer looks like it is on just the screen is off. The lights are on behind the keyboard. If I have my external mouse attached its light up 15 secs turns off then back on. This has happened in the past and I would just take the battery out put it back and it would boot up fine. Now I tried everything and it will not get past the lights on and black screen. No I have not called customer support.

ninjabk
12-27-2012, 02:22 AM
Okay... for some reason I just went though the whole "take battery out, put back in, press power" and poof it booted right up. What could be causing this?

Moradeth
12-27-2012, 06:29 PM
It could be that one of your ram sticks is loose, by replacing your battery you're tipping it at an angle that slides it back into it's slot. Last night I found that one of the slots is kinda flaky unless you really push it in the stick, but yeah it had the same problem, it would power up but the screen would stay black and eventually shut down...ah one of those days I miss beep codes.

chrsplmr
12-27-2012, 07:04 PM
I would also run MemTest as found in the bottom of HiVizMan's Sig ..
Issues when coming out of sleep are 'almost' always related to Memory as suggested.

The GPU was snoring.
I have also seen the Nic driver interfere with this .. I would make sure it is up to date.

Enjoy.Welcome to ROG.c.

cl-scott
12-27-2012, 08:34 PM
Does it appear as if the computer is booting, and you're just not getting anything on any displays, or are there no indications that the unit is doing anything?