PDA

View Full Version : G53sw Charger

chugaluginonmilk
12-27-2012, 09:47 PM
Hey guys, I've come to a realization that my charger's giving out due to it having shut off in mid game (Only high graphic games). My question is, I read my oem charger only distributes 6.32 amps, should I get one with a little more amperage distribution?

I'm mainly looking at this here: http://www.topmic.com/asus-19v-7-7a--145-watt-ac-adapter-charger--power-cord--5-5x2-5-plug.html

but a second route, does asus warranty their power supplies provided with their notebooks?

Thanks for reading and happy holidays!

dstrakele
12-27-2012, 11:35 PM
Are you sure your GPU didn't overheat to cause shutdown? Better load up up HWINFO64 to check GPU and CPU temperatures...

The ASUS Warranty will cover a defective power adapter.

chugaluginonmilk
12-28-2012, 12:41 AM
@dstrakele Yea, my gpu temp was fine. I peak about 85-87c max playing BF3

Hmm, i'll look into calling up Asus once again.

Zygomorphic
12-28-2012, 01:33 AM
Should be fine if the voltages are the same. A little extra current can't hurt, and the price is right.
Yes, ASUS warranties the power brick for the same length of time as the laptop proper, so if the power brick is failing, contact them about a replacement. Get the one you suggested as well, so that you don't have to go without your laptop for a while. That way, you have a travel charger as well.

Wh00pstick
01-08-2013, 10:28 PM
i had to replace my motherboard and charger outlet like 6 times... until they finally did something different.