PDA

View Full Version : Can I set some cooling preferences on Asus G55

capua
12-28-2012, 11:37 AM
Hello guys I was wondering can I set my cooling system to be progressive and always use the fan at high rpms I don't care about the noise but I want my device to be cool all the time.

When I pop a game my temperature of cpu pumps up to 73 Celsius almost immediately but fans still working very quiet. I want my fans to working hard and keep that tempreture levels at 60 Celsius even under pressure can i do that from BIOS or sth ?

thanks

rewben
12-28-2012, 02:03 PM
i don't think we have that option.

by the way, 73 celsius is not a bad temperature. consider servicing your fans and changing the thermal paste when it's about 84+.

capua
12-28-2012, 02:35 PM
omg mate I just bought my laptop a month ago and don't wanna open it up already :D you are right 73 Celsius is not that uncomfortable for me but I'm just scared that I'm damaging my thermal paste and pads and shortening their life time by running my cpu on those level for long times. I hope ASUS used material that will last longer than 2 years at least. My fans are clear of dust. I just want to know which temperatures will shorten my thermal pastes and thermal pads lifetime to get a relief. BTW I was using Windows 8 but I had to go back to Windows 7 due to some job related software was incompatible with Windows 8 and It felt cooler with Windows 8 but that may be just psychological

rewben
12-28-2012, 03:08 PM
lol! don't worry too much my friend. i have mine for 6 months plus already; the max it can go is still 73+- when i play games for a few hours (ok i only play games a few times a week).

about thermal paste/pad, the thing is this: these components will not last that long; they do need replacement when their time is up. it's not that you must change it very frequently. depending on the level of abuse, you might need to do that sooner, or later.

just monitor the temperature from time to time. if it has become high, send it over to a local ASUS service center and ask for help (as long as you're still under warranty, i think they will be glad to help you out; i will do that and maybe supply my own thermal paste lol!).

the one thing i feel awful about a g55 is this: i cannot simply open up the case to do regular cleanup.

capua
12-28-2012, 03:23 PM
Yeah but you get the same performance of a G75 in a more compact hardware. that is what its count for.

rewben
12-28-2012, 04:30 PM
well, g55's a fine machine to me. like you i would like to do regular cleanups myself to prolong the period before i really need to send it in.