PDA

View Full Version : BestBuy G75VW, SSD question?

pinkfloyd1173
12-28-2012, 08:52 PM
Well my BestBuy G75VW-BHI7N07, took a S@#$ yesterday morning? Took it back to BestBuy and they gave me a brand new one! My question is, is there any way to clone everything on the TB hard drive, Asus utilities and all, to a new SSD??? Because all my issues began when the F!@#$% Geek squad did this work to my old notebook??? It just never ran right after they did their work, plus they had it over a week, because they could not figure out how to do it???? With my old note book they were able to transfer the OS Windows 8, but they could not transfer the utilities over, for some reason?? I have checked the ASUS driver Down load web site and the ones that they have there are not the same ones that come with this model that BestBuy sells. I even called ASUS to see if I could buy a recovery disks for this model and they told me that they don’t sell them??? So if anyone knows how to do this or has some advice please help me out. I just got a brand new, Crucial m4 512GB 2.5-Inch Solid State Drive SATA 6Gb/s CT512M4SSD2, and I want to put that bad boy in my notebook. Thanks everyone.

Clintlgm
12-28-2012, 10:24 PM
Check out this thread you might find your answer here http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?26993-Disk-read-error-on-start-up-after-writing-image-to-SSD-on-G75VX&country=&status= there other threads that discuss this you need a cloning program that deals with UEIF and GPT partition and can adjust partition size in the write back. It has and can be done