PDA

View Full Version : G53 "bricked" itself

renzpwns
12-29-2012, 07:39 PM
So after facing a couple of instances of artifacts appearing all over the screen and a few times where it wont boot up( "fixed" by holding down power button). It finally decided to not work one morning. It wont boot up and holding down the power button wont fix it, which led me to believe its bricked. I just sent an email about this problem on its services and support on their website( may take up to 2 days for a reply, they said).

Any thoughts? What should I do? Give support a call or something?

dstrakele
12-29-2012, 07:54 PM
If you are still within your retailer's exchange/return period, contact them and return your defective laptop to exchange for a new one or get a complete refund.

If you are beyond it, but still under ASUS Warranty, set up an RMA and PM cl-scott on this forum for assistance.

evga
12-30-2012, 04:09 AM
this related to vga over heating and that killed the laptop , maybe its a very used one.
good luck with your rma.

renzpwns
12-30-2012, 09:15 AM
Just found out I havent sent in my warranty registration card(because I am an idiot who doesnt read the manuals and other stuff it comes with) and its been 9 and a half months from the day of purchase.

Anyone want to give me a detailed instruction on what to do?(obviously a clueless person on these kinds of matters).

And thanks for the replies guys, greatly appreciate it on this time of need.

Zygomorphic
12-30-2012, 11:28 AM
Just found out I havent sent in my warranty registration card(because I am an idiot who doesnt read the manuals and other stuff it comes with) and its been 9 and a half months from the day of purchase.

Anyone want to give me a detailed instruction on what to do?(obviously a clueless person on these kinds of matters).

pm And thanks for the replies guys, greatly appreciate it on this time of need.

PM @cl-scott and see if he can help you. It may be that with proof of purchase date, they will credit your warranty from the day you bought it. I sure hope you have credit card receipts or something. Sorry, I've never had to deal with warranty, which is really nice.

evga
12-30-2012, 10:57 PM
did you try the pinhole reset button?

Zygomorphic
12-31-2012, 02:41 AM
did you try the pinhole reset button?

I haven't been able to find said button on my G53. If you happen to know where it is, I'd be most apprciative. :)

evga
12-31-2012, 06:29 AM
ops sorry , I thought this was g73 , sorry for confusion .
try removing your battery and keep holding the power up to 45 seconds or more (this works sometimes )
but Im more sure that your vga is dead.

Zygomorphic
01-01-2013, 08:25 PM
ops sorry , I thought this was g73 , sorry for confusion .
try removing your battery and keep holding the power up to 45 seconds or more (this works sometimes )
but Im more sure that your vga is dead.

Thanks, just for reference, do you mind posting exactly (such as a picture of) where it is, so that we can point to it for future questions? I have heard about the remove the battery and power supply and then press and hold the power button, but I'd bet the guy's graphics card is toast.

evga
01-02-2013, 01:32 AM
Yea hes graphics card is dead , I just gave some working tips that I got from my experience . But better than the pin hole its better to disassemble the laptop and take the cmos out connect the power then it will automatically powerup then take it out and re insert cmos that will fix any type of bios or other issues.